Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast

Thread: Fire Tomlin

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by squidkid View Post
    so you like the way this team is headed under tomlin?

Bill Cowher:

1998: 7-9
    1999: 6-10
    2003: 6-10

And after that he still couldn't make it to the Super Bowl until 2005, but the Rooney's stayed with him.

No I'm not worried because seasons like this happen. I fully expected that this would be a tough season because of the personnel turnover over the past two season. You stay on course and ride it out. You don't panic and the Rooney's won't either. The team has very little flexibility personnel wise because they put themselves in "cap hell" to keep a decade long run going a little too long. That was a senior management decison at the highest levels of the organization and Tomlin won't be the fall guy for that to make irrational fans happy. The Rooney's will stay the course.
    Last edited by Oviedo; 10-28-2013 at 02:49 PM.
    "My team, may they always be right, but right or wrong...MY TEAM!"

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Oviedo View Post
    Bill Cowher:

And after that he still couldn't make it to the Super Bowl until 2005, but the Rooney's stayed with him.

No I'm not worried because seasons like this happen. I fully expected that this would be a tough season because of the personnel turnover over the past two season. You stay on course and ride it out. You don't panic and the Rooney's won't either. The team has very little flexibility personnel wise because they put themselves in "cap hell" to keep a decade long run going a little too long. That was a senior management decison at the highest levels of the organization and Tomlin won't be the fall guy for that to make irrational fans happy. The Rooney's will stay the course.
    quality post... !!!

Backup

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by feltdizz View Post
    or maybe this is what happens when you ride vets too long and are forced to put a bunch of youth on the field at the same time
    WINNER!!! WINNER!!! And nobody was complaining while we deviated from what had been the Steelers M.O. for decades. Draft the replacement while the vet is still in his prime; develop the replacement and when the vet starts to slip .... goodbye. Quite simply, we rode this horse too long with out getting remounts.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by feltdizz View Post
    quality post... !!!
    Yep, this is why the Steelers are the Steelers and the Browns are the Browns. You can't hit the reset button every two years.
    [URL=http://s227.photobucket.com/user/AAFiorini/media/jigsignewplate_zpsgmcgfc1q.jpg.html]<a href=http://i227.photobucket.com/albums/dd207/AAFiorini/jigsignewplate_zpsgmcgfc1q.jpg target=_blank>http://i227.photobucket.com/albums/d...psgmcgfc1q.jpg</a>[/URL]

Legend

User Info Menu

Bill Cowher:

why do the tomlin lovers feel the need to list cowhers bad years as a reason to justify tomlin's inabilities?
    im not talking about cowher.
    im not talking about how the rooneys wasted too many years with cowher.
    im not talking about blown afcc games.
    im talking about tomlin and how hasnt improved his coaching ability, draft ability, clock management, player development, coach hires, etc etc. over the past 5-6 years.
    any dip**** can stand on the sidelines and do nothing with a loaded team(that someone else loaded for you) and be successful
    whats so rational about waiting 10 years to rebuild a team and have the same coach?

Legend

User Info Menu

why do the tomlin lovers feel the need to list cowhers bad years as a reason to justify tomlin's inabilities?
    im talking about tomlin and how hasnt improved his coaching ability, draft ability, clock management, player development, coach hires, etc etc. over the past 5-6 years.
    any dip**** can stand on the sidelines and do nothing with a loaded team(that someone else loaded for you) and be successful
    whats so rational about waiting 10 years to rebuild a team and have the same coach?
    It is brought up because it adds perspective to otherwise irrational posts. However keep talking about what you are not talking about and watch Tomlin remain coach for at least another five years. Unless you became a fan a few years ago you have to recognize the Rooney's have a business model they keep true to and have since 1969. They aren't changing that.
    "My team, may they always be right, but right or wrong...MY TEAM!"

Legend

User Info Menu

It is brought up because it adds perspective to otherwise irrational posts. However keep talking about what you are not talking about and watch Tomlin remain coach for at least another five years. Unless you became a fan a few years ago you have to recognize the Rooney's have a business model they keep true to and have since 1969. They aren't changing that.
    I bet he gets mad during free agency too...

Legend

User Info Menu

I see no point in firing Tomlin. What I would like to see is the Rooney's allowing Tomlin to decide what HE wants to do. And I'd like to see Tomlin TELL the Steelers what he wants to do.

Tomlin wanted to keep Arians and was FORCED to "retire" him. Then by many accounts, Tomlin was forced to hire Haley to protect Ben and make the running game more effective, neither of which has occured with any level of consistency.

So, how about we let Tomlin make decisions and then live or die by them and go from there? If all we have is a figure head, then it doesn't really matter what happens to said head.

Administrator

User Info Menu

You can't provide reason to people that refuse to see what is right in front of their face. It's the blind leading the blnd. We all know who they are they.
    Tomlin: Let's unleash hell and "mop the floor" with the competition.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Eich View Post
    I see no point in firing Tomlin. What I would like to see is the Rooney's allowing Tomlin to decide what HE wants to do. And I'd like to see Tomlin TELL the Steelers what he wants to do.

Tomlin wanted to keep Arians and was FORCED to "retire" him. Then by many accounts, Tomlin was forced to hire Haley to protect Ben and make the running game more effective, neither of which has occured with any level of consistency.

So, how about we let Tomlin make decisions and then live or die by them and go from there? If all we have is a figure head, then it doesn't really matter what happens to said head.

tomlin held a presser stating it was him who made the hires and fires