Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Is something wrong with the D?

Legend

User Info Menu

Our main problem on D is we can't tackle. The number of missed tackles is crazy. Fix that and this D can carry this team.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by flippy View Post
    Our main problem on D is we can't tackle. The number of missed tackles is crazy. Fix that and this D can carry this team.
    nope... the D did it's job in 2 out of 4 games and we still lost.

Legend

User Info Menu

The defensive line stinks. Keisel is the only guy who has any business as an NFL starter. Heyward has shown some flashes in passing situations, and the two pass breakups are a step in the right direction, but he needs to get to the QB. McClendon has shown that he is nothing more than a role player, and Ziggy Hood has no business starting in the NFL.

Vince Williams also stinks, and sadly, there has not been a huge difference between Williams and Timmons.

To cover for their deficiencies, Troy is now playing near the line more than I can remember.

That is a start of the problems. Oh, and Cortez Allen can't tackle.

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Tired and worn out from carrying this team around for so many years. Let's face it. When have we ever had a really good offense? At least I can say, I fondly remember when we had dominant defenses. The offense has never picked up the slack.

Starter

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by feltdizz View Post
    that 10 or 11 play for their first TD didn't have any passes.

I don't care about the YPC.. I care about our inability to stop a team when we know they are running the ball.
    That has to change and I expect it will so I will stay optimistic.

I have been wondering why, and posting the question for quite a number of years now as to when are TS going to address and/or continue the legacy of Steed-Kirkland, Hampton-Farrior etc. The strong up the middle thing.

This was bypassed year in and year out and I figured they knew what they were doing.

Uhh! It can't be a good thing when someone [me] who has never even walked on a football is second guessing the org.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by feltdizz View Post
    nope... the D did it's job in 2 out of 4 games and we still lost.
    I have as many takeaways as the D... and you're saying the D isn't the problem?

Rookie

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Shoe View Post
    Mostly because the offense serves up more turnovers than Arby's...

Legend

User Info Menu

And DL is trying to stop the run...
    Scary isn't it

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Now that the run D is terrible teams no longer have to be one dimensional against the Steelers.

Add in the fact the D cannot create a turnover you have a recipe for disaster.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Shoe View Post
    In 2 games the D wasnt the problem...

The D is a problem but its not the biggest problem IMO.