Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Bayless and Smith usually come across as morons, but....

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by steelz09 View Post
    iphone/ipad user?
    Macbook pro

Rookie

User Info Menu

Bayless and Smith still come off as douches...

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by feltdizz View Post
    What if Tomlin wanted BA.. then after he was fired he wanted Caldwell... that would really upset me if Tomlin had Haley forced on him. Is Crash the source for this story?
    IIRC Tomlin told BA that he would be retained, and then a couple of days later it was announced that he would not be. I've had my ups and downs on BA, and am not convinced that Haley will for sure continue to flop, but I don't like the idea that Tomlin did not get to choose his own OC.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by steeler_fan_in_t.o. View Post
    IIRC Tomlin told BA that he would be retained, and then a couple of days later it was announced that he would not be. I've had my ups and downs on BA, and am not convinced that Haley will for sure continue to flop, but I don't like the idea that Tomlin did not get to choose his own OC.
    That may be what happened, but it's just speculation. Tomlin himself said he decided to can BA and hire Haley. Now, could Tomlin have lied about that to try to save face for the organization? Sure. I could see him doing that. But then again, maybe the OC change was his call, and not forced by Art II.

I've seen nothing conclusive to prove things either way.

Backup

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by BradshawsHairdresser View Post
    That may be what happened, but it's just speculation. Tomlin himself said he decided to can BA and hire Haley. Now, could Tomlin have lied about that to try to save face for the organization? Sure. I could see him doing that. But then again, maybe the OC change was his call, and not forced by Art II.

Because after the Wild Card loss in Denver he said he intended to keep both coordinators.

Starter

User Info Menu

Haley wasn't even the first named mentioned when it came to the OC job.. it was WILSON and others.. this video is is SOAP OPERA..
    Black N' Gold Til' I'm Dead N' Cold...
    [url=http://img203.imageshack.us/i/32023126285034060670100.jpg/]http://img203.imageshack.us/img203/4...4060670100.jpg[/url]
    [url=http://img19.imageshack.us/i/steelertowngal.jpg/]http://img19.imageshack.us/img19/107...lertowngal.jpg[/url]
    We don't have any cheerleaders but we do have a few of these \m/...

Backup

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by LordVile View Post
    Haley wasn't even the first named mentioned when it came to the OC job.. it was WILSON and others.. this video is is SOAP OPERA..
    Get used to it, because it's starting to look like more and more media types are catching onto this.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by steeler_fan_in_t.o. View Post
    The coach can't pick his own OC, and the OC isn't allowed to run whatever he wants as his offense. Pathetic. My guess is the line coach was 'suggested' by the Rooneys as well.
    @_Hellgrammite

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by BradshawsHairdresser View Post

Come on man. Tomlin said BA was coming back, then things suddenly changed. The Rooneys made the call. You think Tomlin is going to admit that? F'n lies. Just like Art2 stating BA retired.
    @_Hellgrammite

Legend

User Info Menu

No one posting here was in the room when Rooney and Tomlin were having discussions regarding the direction of this team. No media was there either. It's downright laughable that the screaming Smith or clueless Bayless know anything about the inner workings of the Steelers.

Any talk about why Haley was hired, if nepotism was involved, or if he was forced on Tomlin is pure speculation. Anyone saying anything different, especially posters on this board, are talking out their ass.