Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: You guys a are soooo funny

Legend

User Info Menu

You guys a are soooo funny

One week the team is useless, the next we are SB favorites, lose and its time to clean house, 1 win and "nobody wants the meet the Steelers in the playoffs".
    Now we are back at having no chance after JUST LAST WEEK peoplen were convince we are "just hitting our stride" for a great playoff run.

If we win the next two ya'll will start crowing again.
    Last edited by Captain Lemming; 12-09-2012 at 11:44 PM.

In view of the fact that Mike Tomlin has matched Cowhers record I give him the designation:

TCFCLTC-
    The Coach Formerly Considered Less Than Cowher

Legend

User Info Menu

Such is the nature of being fans of a team as schizophrenic as ours.
    "My team, may they always be right, but right or wrong...MY TEAM!"

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Oviedo View Post
    BINGO, on $

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Oviedo View Post
    Heck we are 7-6 and would make the playoffs today.....that says we aint the only schizophrenic team out there.

We Steeler fans are the only ones who see SB in every victory.

In view of the fact that Mike Tomlin has matched Cowhers record I give him the designation:

TCFCLTC-

Legend

User Info Menu

You watch any of the games?

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

the problem with this year is the Steelers are engaging in the art of illusion. And like all good magic, no one can figure out what the truth is so we flip and flop and overreact to each game. Is this a BAD team that overachieved in some of it's wins (such as the giants and the rats) thus giving us the illusion of a SB run or is this a GOOD team that underachieved against pretty much the entire AFC west (with the titans thrown in for good measure) thus giving us the illusion of another short exit in january.

I seriously doubt anyone can tell any of us what the identity of the steelers is right now. and as a result, we're all losing our collective minds......
    2014 MNF EXEC CHAMPION!!!

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by pittpete View Post
    You watch any of the games?
    No, not since yesterday.

But my point Pete which you took issue with after we beat NYG and people were thinking it meant something is that people have these ridiculous swings based on single games. That is ridiculous.

Carolina just whooped the Falcons. What does that prove? Nothing.
    Last edited by Captain Lemming; 12-10-2012 at 04:03 AM.

TCFCLTC-

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Starlifter View Post
    the problem with this year is the Steelers are engaging in the art of illusion. And like all good magic, no one can figure out what the truth is so we flip and flop and overreact to each game. Is this a BAD team that overachieved in some of it's wins (such as the giants and the rats) thus giving us the illusion of a SB run or is this a GOOD team that underachieved against pretty much the entire AFC west (with the titans thrown in for good measure) thus giving us the illusion of another short exit in january.

I seriously doubt anyone can tell any of us what the identity of the steelers is right now. and as a result, we're all losing our collective minds......
    We are 7-6, neither horrible nor great. We could go on a hot streak like last years Giants or fall flat. But the inconsistency of this 7-6 team makes it impossible to have confidence either way. That is why these extreme swings in our expectation are silly.

TCFCLTC-

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

When you beat the good teams and lose to the bad teams, I put that 95% on coaching. Yep, we had injuries, players playing out of position, guys stepping up for injured players but, what team doesn't face their problems ?

14 regular season wins against the Chargers and a 4-8 team comes in and hands the Steelers a smack down. Under Tomlin we have had a lot of records crumble because he or his staff doesn't have it.

We used to never give up TD's in the first quarter.

We used to not allow back to back 100 yard rushers.

We used to win most of our openers.

Watch this season, we will lose the record of never losing to an afc north/division rival in the playoffs.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Lemming View Post
    No, not since yesterday.

But my point Pete which you took issue with after we beat NYG and people were thinking it meant something is that people have these ridiculous swings based on single games. That is ridiculous.

Carolina just whooped the Falcons. What does that prove? Nothing.
    Actually it proves that Carolina has a pretty good formula for beating/competing with the Falcons ... (they were a Cam fumble on 3rd and 1 from winning the first game in ATL)

It also proves that ATL isn't who they thought they were... as the Panthers told Ryan to "get the f*#k off their field" lol...