Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: The season is officially over.

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by birtikidis View Post
    We NEED a good left tackle. That should be priority #1
    May I suggest a new QB as well?

And, oh, btw, a new OC, a new DC and a new HC..

Legend

User Info Menu

Right now, the Steelers would pick no worse than 8th, so hopefully they'll be able to get a franchise LT. This team has a ton of holes, but solidifying LT would help a lot.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Ghost View Post
    It was so disheartening to watch this team look unprepared for what should have been a winnable game. This loss falls on the players as well as all the coaches who did nothing to get them ready for this game. I'm sick of the bull sh*t of playing down to teams. The Steelers are a better team than the Raiders and flat out didn't give a sh*t today. And Tomlin owns a big chunk of responsibility in that fact.
    Agree completely.

Administrator

User Info Menu

It was so disheartening to watch this team look unprepared for what should have been a winnable game. This loss falls on the players as well as all the coaches who did nothing to get them ready for this game. I'm sick of the bull sh*t of playing down to teams. The Steelers are a better team than the Raiders and flat out didn't give a sh*t today. And Tomlin owns a big chunk of responsibility in that fact.
    Agreed. We lost to the Titans and Oakland in back-to-back years. Minnesota is a joke and their only win is against us. This team is in big trouble long term if changes aren't made soon.
    Tomlin: Let's unleash hell and "mop the floor" with the competition.

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Cowher's teams made a habit of playing down to the competition too...
    It is not the critic who counts; not the man who points out how the strong man stumbles, or where the doer of deeds could have done them better. The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena, whose face is marred by dust & sweat & blood...

Backup

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Steel Life View Post
    Cowher's teams made a habit of playing down to the competition too...
    Cowher had the proper pedigree ... he was "from" the Burgh .. he was whi ... nevermind not gonna go there

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by phillyesq View Post
    Right now, the Steelers would pick no worse than 8th, so hopefully they'll be able to get a franchise LT. This team has a ton of holes, but solidifying LT would help a lot.
    There should be 3 LTs who are franchise grade go in the top 15. I don't see the Steelers drafting any other position.
    Trolls are people too.

Legend

User Info Menu

when was the last time we didnt have a let down in nthe reg season after beating baltimore or even just playing them?

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by bostonsteeler View Post
    May I suggest a new QB as well?

And, oh, btw, a new OC, a new DC and a new HC..
    I was thinking the same thing yesterday when Ben threw that stupid "Johnny Football" type of pick.... ended up getting it back because of an off sides call or something like that...
    The play was still made though...

For the money we have wrapped up in Ben... he is certainly not performing up to expectation. You can blame it on the OL all you want, and, yes, that is part of the problem. Ben was missing badly on slant routes and drag routes even when he had time.

With that pathetic performance yesterday, I'd say it's time to clean house and start over.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by phillyesq View Post
    As much as I hate to say it, I hope we don't turn this around this season and blow a chance at a difference making draft pick (in each round). I love this team but I'm not interested in any moral victories this season. The business aspect of this dictates if you have a bad record you get a better shot at the better talent coming out. I'd like to have that opportunity for the first time in well over a decade. Hopefully the FO won't blow it.
    "My team, may they always be right, but right or wrong...MY TEAM!"