Page 4 of 11 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: Mike Adams stabbed...

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Slapstick View Post
    The tendency to turn things around and fault the victim of a crime is amazing...
    I thought the same reading some of these posts. It has been insinuated that he was either scoring drugs or so drunk off his butt he couldn't drive. Of course with no evidence.

I do think walking the streets at 3am is pretty dumb but it is really a catch 22 for these guys. In retrospect the smart move is call a cab and get your car the next morning but from what we now know his car would had been stolen or vandalized. If anything the being alone part of this is what is bad judgement for that hour of the night.

Just think if Adams was "packing" and blew these guys away then what would this be about.
    Last edited by Oviedo; 06-03-2013 at 11:35 AM.
    "My team, may they always be right, but right or wrong...MY TEAM!"

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by hawaiiansteel View Post
    Adams was outside his truck at 3 a.m., and did not have his keys - they were with the valet service of Nakama Japanese Steakhouse, the restaurant confirmed -

Adams was stabbed twice, once in the stomach and once in the forearm, before the assailants fled. Police found him at Cambod-Ican Kitchen, 1701 E. Carson Street in Pittsburgh, before he was taken to the hospital.

Fortunately for Adams, it didn't get worse, but the two questions that will come out of this in the long term are why he was outside his car without the keys in an area locals know isn't smart to be alone, and why he was there at 3 a.m.
    Hmmm 'stabbbed" outside Nakama Japanese Steakhouse?
    Everybody knows you dont hang out there past midnight.

The Ninjas will get you every time!!!!!!

Last edited by Captain Lemming; 06-03-2013 at 11:52 AM.

In view of the fact that Mike Tomlin has matched Cowhers record I give him the designation:

TCFCLTC-
    The Coach Formerly Considered Less Than Cowher

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

I don't know if he was too drunk to drive, but I don know that some valets will keep your keys if they think you've had too much to drink. He's a pretty big man, so he probably can hold his alcohol better than the average american. They may have just been playing it safe.

Legend

User Info Menu

The tendency to turn things around and fault the victim of a crime is amazing...
    Well considering what he was wearing.....what did he expect was gonna happen?

In view of the fact that Mike Tomlin has matched Cowhers record I give him the designation:

TCFCLTC-
    The Coach Formerly Considered Less Than Cowher

Rookie

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by birtikidis View Post
    I don't know if he was too drunk to drive, but I don know that some valets will keep your keys if they think you've had too much to drink. He's a pretty big man, so he probably can hold his alcohol better than the average american. They may have just been playing it safe.
    This is a logical conclusion, based upon reasonable assumptions.

But, he was not arrested for drunk driving. Nor was he arrested for public intoxication.

He was a victim of a violent crime.

Being drunk: Not a crime. Being out at 3 in the morning: Not a crime.

Being stabbed: Not a crime.

We have enough Steelers running afoul of the law without adding to the number artifically....

Rookie

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Lemming View Post
    Well considering what he was wearing.....what did he expect was gonna happen?
    Clearly, he was asking for it...parading around every Sunday in those tight football pants...

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

This is a logical conclusion, based upon reasonable assumptions.

But, he was not arrested for drunk driving. Nor was he arrested for public intoxication.

He was a victim of a violent crime.

Being drunk: Not a crime. Being out at 3 in the morning: Not a crime.

Being stabbed: Not a crime.

We have enough Steelers running afoul of the law without adding to the number artifically....
    Completely agree. I never said he did anything illegal OR stupid. Some people on here make it out like these guys need nannies. I don't fault Mike for this at all. Just implying it is ridiculous.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Clearly, he was asking for it...parading around every Sunday in those tight football pants...
    ah echoes of QB...

Legend

User Info Menu

was thinking the same thing... at 22, i was out at 3am.... a lot. many of us were. As long as he was minding his business, that pretty much makes him the victim...

Backup

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by birtikidis View Post
    hey turd, read the article on page one and notice that it says HOME.
    The only turd here is you. When I posted that nothing good happens after 2 am I'd read the stories on Yahoo and ESPN. You're the one who came back with the nasty insulting post that said Adams was stabbed at home, and you were 100% WRONG. In the future you should try having a better handle on the facts before being a total jerk. Of course, I guess being a Florida fan helps explain your stupidity.