Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Info from Tomlin's PC

Legend

User Info Menu

wow, he really laid down the law on a player that hasnt even dressed once.
    talk about holding people accountable for their actions

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by BradshawsHairdresser View Post
    I'd think his problem with hamstring issues is more likely to be tied to his powerful body not being kept in top condition. Admittedly, that, too, involves some speculation...but it appears to me that Big LaMarr may have allowed himself to get a little TOO big.
    Keith Butler said the same thing, that Woodley in the past has let himself get too big in the offseason. Cannot recall if that was the case this year or not.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by phillyesq View Post
    This is pure speculation. If this opinion is corroborated by anybody with a medical background, I'd love to see it.
    Yeah, I'm not buying it if that tells you anything.
    Trolls are people too.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by phillyesq View Post
    This is pure speculation. If this opinion is corroborated by anybody with a medical background, I'd love to see it.
    Yes it is opinion which is why it was prefaced by IMO (In My Opinion). People tend to have opinions on message board and some even take exceptions to others opinions offering no facts to support their exceptions or disprove the the original opinion.
    "My team, may they always be right, but right or wrong...MY TEAM!"

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by steelz09 View Post
    Interesting. My father and I were actually talking about this after his injury. It seems like he's 10-15 lbs heavy as an OLB and 15-20 lbs to light for a 3-4 DE. He must be around 270. Last year, he looked about the size of Heyward.

Or maybe it's his training. Maybe he should focus more on flexibility and resistance training than weights.
    Be careful, you and your Dad don't have a medical background so some may take offense to you actually "speculating"
    "My team, may they always be right, but right or wrong...MY TEAM!"

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Oviedo View Post
    Yes it is opinion which is why it was prefaced by IMO (In My Opinion). People tend to have opinions on message board and some even take exceptions to others opinions offering no facts to support their exceptions or disprove the the original opinion.
    Ovi, your opposition to the 3-4 is approaching tin foil hat levels. Woodley pulled his hamstring because of the 3-4? Was he even in coverage on the play where the injury occurred? Is there a history of 3-4 OLBs suffering more leg injuries than 4-3 DEs (because plenty of DEs get hurt, too)?

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Hasn't seemed to be a problem for all the other DE conversion projects we've had.

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Oviedo View Post
    Yes, but you DID stay at a Holiday Inn Express last night though. Right?

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by squidkid View Post
    wow, he really laid down the law on a player that hasnt even dressed once.
    talk about holding people accountable for their actions
    This was my thought as well. Dude injured a person in a drunk driving car wreck and is being brought up on charges of resisting arrest. A 2 game suspension is weak and certainly does not say "I WON'T tolerate this behavior". Suspend him for the season, offer him help if he asks for it, and tell him the Steelers would love to have him back in camp next year if he gets his act together.

Backup

User Info Menu

If Tomlin/Arians/Haley sneezed and didnt say excuse me you guys would complain. I blame the players, the ones on the field. Bellicheat makes Brady good? if thats the case then what happened with Bledsoe? What happened in Cleveland? If Caldwell/Dungy made Peyton Manning then what happened when Peyton was hurt? What happened in Tampa? Sorry Phil Jackson didnt make Jordan, it was the other way around. Coaches put players in position to be successful but its those players who execute at a high level that make a difference. This isnt High School or College.