Thread: Quiz, no cheating

Legend

User Info Menu

ahhhhhhhhh

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by flippy View Post
    Where'd you find it? I just did a search and here's what I found:
    [URL]http://www.ebay.com/itm/2002-PITTSBURGH-STEELERS-Football-Media-Guide-/330358955361[/URL]

I'm guessing this isn't what is being talked about since it has no one's picture on the cover.
    The Steeler media guides never had pictures of anyone on the cover that I can recall. Just a logo-based design.
    Steeler teams featuring stat-driven, me-first, fantasy-football-darling diva types such as Antonio Brown & Le'Veon Bell won no championships.

Super Bowl winning Steeler teams were built around a dynamic, in-your-face defense plus blue-collar, hard-hitting, no-nonsense football players on offense such as Hines Ward & Jerome Bettis.

We don't want Juju & Conner to replace what we lost in Brown & Bell.

We are counting on Juju & Conner to return us to the glory we once had with Hines & The Bus.

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by RuthlessBurgher View Post
    The Steeler media guides never had pictures of anyone on the cover that I can recall. Just a logo-based design.
    I've never seen one with pics of players on the cover, that I know of.

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Actually, this ended up being trickier than I thought. I missed that Batch and Hampton was on the team, but Harrison, who was in the media guide, was not actually on the final 53-man roster that I can tell. But he was in the media guide.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by lloydroid View Post
    Actually, this ended up being trickier than I thought. I missed that Batch and Hampton was on the team, but Harrison, who was in the media guide, was not actually on the final 53-man roster that I can tell. But he was in the media guide.
    Stop cheating on your own quiz.

If you woulda said 5 guys, Batch would have been my next choice because of age, but I couldn't remember what year he left Detroit.

Are you sure about Harrison? I woulda never got him if you had said 6 guys. I'd have went with Ike or Troy next.

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by flippy View Post
    Stop cheating on your own quiz.

If you woulda said 5 guys, Batch would have been my next choice because of age, but I couldn't remember what year he left Detroit.

Are you sure about Harrison? I woulda never got him if you had said 6 guys. I'd have went with Ike or Troy next.
    Hey, the quiz master has to have the answers! But, all I had done was look through the media guide. And, 100% positive Harrison was in the media guide. Hard to mistake him for anyone else, with that giant, square head. But when I looked on the roster, his name was not listed. That must have been in the span of years where he bounced around from Balt. to Philly to Pgh and all that. I think the trickiest name is Burress, since many will forget about him since he had been off the team until a few weeks ago.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Harrison made it on to the active roster late in the 2002 season and played a bit on special teams. He was never with Philly.
    Last edited by D Rock; 12-19-2012 at 08:57 AM.

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Batch, Burress Harrison Hampton
    In response to his pleas, an officer said: "You think we've never arrested somebody that's made national media? ... We deal with the Bengals all the time."

[url="http://sports.espn.go.com/ncb/news/story?id=3880848"]http://sports.espn.go.com/ncb/news/story?id=3880848[/url]

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by snarky View Post
    Batch, Burress Harrison Hampton
    Foote and Keisel too