Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: The Charlie-Ben embrace

Legend

User Info Menu

Pic is awesome. What is even MORE awesome, is that the real time thing was no different - they were basically immobile forever. Tomlin came in after a while, but it was definitely a Ben-Charlie thing. Hard to tell who was the "father figure" there ... I think Ben was to be honest. But it was sure nice to see how they respect each other so much. "No drama Steelers".

We got our "6-PACK" - time to work on a CASE!

HERE WE GO STEELERS, HERE WE GO!

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Thanks, Dijan, for the pic and Lloyd for bringing this up. This was a visceral win.

Kindle

Legend

User Info Menu

If you had to listen to the fans, writers and anyone else telling you for a week that you sucked, you should be cut, you're too old, your arm is a noodle, etc and you just went out and passed for 276 yards, 1 TD and beat the Ravens in their house you'd be emotional as well. That hug was Charlie giving everyone the finger for the past week of crap he had to listen to for no real reason.

Good for Charlie and for the record I thought the Steelers could win today, but I didn't think they'd score 23 points, good for Charlie, he's a Steeler and darn proud Steeler.

Pappy

1.20 -
    2.51 -
    3.84 -
    3.98 -
    4.119 -
    7.178 -
    7.195 -

"Football is a physical game, well, it used to be anyways" - Mel Blount

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Best pic posted on the board this season. Thx.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Djfan View Post
    We aim to serve.
    Really .......... then bring me a BLT

Molon labe

People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf. George Orwell

?We're not going to apologize for winning.?
    Mike Tomlin

American metal pimped by asiansteel
    Only two defining forces have ever offered to die for you 1. Jesus Christ, 2.The American G.I., One died for your soul, the other for your freedom.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by fordfixer View Post
    Really .......... then bring me a BLT
    $6.95, includes fries.

Delivery charge is $2,589.00. Cash.
    Steel City Mafia
    So Cal Boss (Ret)
    [URL]http://www.anewsong.com[/URL]

Legend

User Info Menu

[youtube]v=yvRh7-KV7WI[/youtube]

[url]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yvRh7-KV7WI[/url]

Maybe someone can post that on the board?

We got our "6-PACK" - time to work on a CASE!

HERE WE GO STEELERS, HERE WE GO!

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Djfan View Post
    $6.95, includes fries.

Delivery charge is $2,589.00. Cash.
    Send the bill to Ruthless

Molon labe

People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf. George Orwell

?We're not going to apologize for winning.?
    Mike Tomlin

American metal pimped by asiansteel
    Only two defining forces have ever offered to die for you 1. Jesus Christ, 2.The American G.I., One died for your soul, the other for your freedom.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by fordfixer View Post
    Send the bill to Ruthless
    One of the perks of being a mod, huh?
    Steel City Mafia
    So Cal Boss (Ret)
    [URL]http://www.anewsong.com[/URL]

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Iron Shiek View Post
    It was truly emotional and basically summed up the game in a single image. Climbing the mountain several times in that game and finally reaching the top put a toll on that team and the qb. As the clock ticked down to the 2 minute warning they showed the huddle and batch was taking command and it looked as if he was giving a good speech trying to fire the players up. It was pretty inspiring from the little you could see on tv. But nevertheless, that is what a backup should do. Make up for lack of ability with leadership. At least we got that out of him. If losing the way this team did the last couple weeks meant getting this win, then I suppose it was worth it.
    I would have loved to hear what he was saying, but I totally felt the leadership in his mannerisms as he spoke. I am guessing he said something like, "We are GOING to win this Mother _____. When we snap that football after the 2 minute warning, we ARE going to make the plays we have to make to win this game." Or something like that. Or maybe, "Get focused. We got to win this thing. I need your 100% effort from now on."

Both seeing CB speaking in that huddle and the image of the embrace at the end of the game with Ben were special Steeler moments that I will not forget for a long time. Amazing stuff.