Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Harrison Loves Steelers

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Sugar View Post
    I'm actually looking to see if I can now get a Harrison Steelers jersey cheap now that he's gone. No one can take what he did for this team away from me, so I'd proudly wear his Steelers jersey.
    That's where I'm at with it. Only, I wait to wear it until he retires.

He's the last great old-school Steeler. The new rules make him a dying breed.
    Steel City Mafia
    So Cal Boss (Ret)
    [URL]http://www.anewsong.com[/URL]

Legend

User Info Menu

I'm actually looking to see if I can now get a Harrison Steelers jersey cheap now that he's gone.
    Oh, yes. I got TWO Jim Miller jerseys.
    You wanna talk bargain, announce the starter in 96 (Jerseys made bigtime) then all of ONE START as a Steeler before being replaced by Tzak.

Gone the next year with pretty much ZERO fan base among Steeler fans.
    Ahhhh, THAT kind of disposable inventory is rare. Practically GIVEN AWAY.
    Harrisons Steeler jersey will get 10 times the interest, EVEN as a hated Bengal.

THAT my friend is a bargain.
    I could care less about Miller, just give me a dirt cheap Steeler jersey!!!!!
    Last edited by Captain Lemming; 04-23-2013 at 11:45 PM.

In view of the fact that Mike Tomlin has matched Cowhers record I give him the designation:

TCFCLTC-
    The Coach Formerly Considered Less Than Cowher

Legend

User Info Menu

When was Harrison cut? He refused a reasonable contract from us. Why does he have any antimosity towards one of the few teams that actually wanted him.
    Trolls are people too.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Djfan View Post
    That's where I'm at with it. Only, I wait to wear it until he retires.

He's the last great old-school Steeler. The new rules make him a dying breed.
    I'll proudly wear his jersey again after he retires as well. I'm not sure if I'll wear it this season, but I'm thin on options. I got Harrison's jersey after his first season as a starter, and same with Troy. My Troy jersey is a bit smaller and I can't fit a sweatshirt under it for colder games.

I usually get the jersey of a a younger defensive player, but I don't see anybody that fits the profile at the moment. Maybe Worilds will step up this year, or perhaps a draft pick.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Wear that #92 with pride. Don't let the business of the game have any impact on a players legacy as a Steeler.

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

I have James Harrison's Super Bowl XLIII Jersey and plan to still wear it, however it might a good idea I don't wear it if I go to the Steelers/Bengal game.

Btw, Harrison on the 4-3 vs 3-4:

Despite going from a 3-4 defense to a 4-3 one, Harrison believes there's little difference in his role the Bengals have planned for him compared to what he did in Pittsburgh the past nine seasons. “It’s not really a concern. Some of the defenses that we do are the same terminology. The coverages are the same, it's just you might switch from side to side," Harrison said, via the team's official website. "I’ll be playing sometimes stack like a regular inside linebacker that would play a 3-4. It’s a difference because you’re playing with an extra lineman. The only difference for me is I’ll be switching from side to side and playing stack in some of the situations."

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Shawn View Post
    When was Harrison cut? He refused a reasonable contract from us. Why does he have any antimosity towards one of the few teams that actually wanted him.
    Colbert made it abundantly clear in their last press conference that James Harrison was "terminated." He was already under contract but didn't want to take a lesser amount than what he was already supposed to make. Thus, they cut or terminated, him.

Legend

User Info Menu

Harrison contract shows what a beating he took

Posted by Darin Gantt on April 24, 2013, 11:01 AM EDT
    Getty Images
    As it pertains to new Bengals linebacker [URL="http://www.rotoworld.com/player/nfl/665/james-harrison"]James Harrison[/URL], we now have a dollar figure to attach to pride.

And his was costly.

According to Howard Balzer of the Sports Xchange, Harrison’s new two-year deal with the Bengals [URL="https://twitter.com/HBalzer721/statuses/327068476499976193"]is worth $4.45 million[/URL], including a $1.2 million signing bonus.

The deal includes base salaries of $1.4 million and $1.1 million, workout bonuses of $100,000 each year, and per-game roster bonuses which could total $300,000 this year and $250,000 next year.

That means his maximum payout this year is $3 million.

Compare that to the what he could have made in Pittsburgh, and he clearly lost this offseason.

According to an earlier report, Harrison [URL="http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2013/03/09/harrison-rejected-30-percent-pay-cut-opportunity-to-earn-it-back/"]turned down a 30 percent pay cut[/URL] from the Steelers, which included a chance to earn the balance back in incentives.

Based on the $6.57 million in base salary he would have received before he was released, that comes out to around $4.5 million this year.

So while he said he [URL="http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2013/04/24/james-harrison-i-dont-hate-the-steelers/"]didn’t hate the Steelers[/URL], he’ll doubtless be motivated to make up the difference on the field twice this season.
    ​2019 MNFE CHAMPION

Rookie

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Jooser View Post
    So while he said he [URL="http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2013/04/24/james-harrison-i-dont-hate-the-steelers/"]didn’t hate the Steelers[/URL], he’ll doubtless be motivated to make up the difference on the field twice this season.
    No one to blame but yourself, Deebo...

Legend

User Info Menu

Colbert made it abundantly clear in their last press conference that James Harrison was "terminated." He was already under contract but didn't want to take a lesser amount than what he was already supposed to make. Thus, they cut or terminated, him.
    Symantics. Harrison takes a cut he continues to be a Steeler. His health, age and his play had not warranted his salary. The Steelers tried to work with him, and it sounds like they offered more than anyone else. I just don't see the resentment. He got "terminated" because he refused to acknowledge he is aging, oft hurt and no longer quite as beastly as he once was.
    Trolls are people too.