Page 13 of 14 FirstFirst ... 311121314 LastLast

Thread: Should the Steelers force Lebeau out?

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by NorthCoast View Post
    Where you see a problem, I see a model for consistency. Corporate America does it everyday, all day. Young engineer works alongs side 'aged vet', learn the ropes. Leads to less mistakes, more consistency, better product.

Where we have the most problems? young guy is assign project, no mentor, ends up floundering and in some cases demoralized from overcomplicated assignment.
    Nah... first off this isnt corporate america but even if it was you dont see secretaries using shorthand and old guys smoking in offices...

females have gained ground, technology has advanced, old guys were forced into retirement.

One thing I agree on.... young guys are demoralized with overcomplicated assignments. LOL

Legend

User Info Menu

Since 2010 opponents have increased their rush attempts/gm by 10% per year against the Steelers.

And they have been more successful; as the rushing yds/att have increase year over year. In 2013, the Steelers defense allowed the opponent to exceed the 4 yd/att rushing barrier by a wide margin for the first time in 10 years.

Casey Hampton was still around in 2010 and 2011 and 2012. ... but he was old.

Rookie

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by feltdizz View Post
    Nah... first off this isnt corporate america but even if it was you dont see secretaries using shorthand and old guys smoking in offices...

females have gained ground, technology has advanced, old guys were forced into retirement.

One thing I agree on.... young guys are demoralized with overcomplicated assignments. LOL
    That does not necessarily make dumbing down the assignment the best solution...

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Slapstick View Post
    That does not necessarily make dumbing down the assignment the best solution...
    It does if the only one you are confusing is your employees...

our competitors have us figured out.

feels like our competition is using a Mac and taking it out the box and getting to work while we are building our computer from scratch. The PC was great for years but the Mac has caught on and we are still rebooting and fighting off viruses with an old Windows Vista

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by NorthCoast View Post
    Since 2010 opponents have increased their rush attempts/gm by 10% per year against the Steelers.

And they have been more successful; as the rushing yds/att have increase year over year. In 2013, the Steelers defense allowed the opponent to exceed the 4 yd/att rushing barrier by a wide margin for the first time in 10 years.

Casey Hampton was still around in 2010 and 2011 and 2012. ... but he was old.
    This is why I want Nix. In a "passing league" teams are running all over us.

Rookie

User Info Menu

It does if the only one you are confusing is your employees...
    That's an HR problem, not a management problem...

Legend

User Info Menu

This is why I want Nix. In a "passing league" teams are running all over us.
    And Nix will do nothing to prevent teams from passing all over us because we still won't be able to pressure the QB into mistakes that could lead to INTs.
    "My team, may they always be right, but right or wrong...MY TEAM!"

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Oviedo View Post
    And Nix will do nothing to prevent teams from passing all over us because we still won't be able to pressure the QB into mistakes that could lead to INTs.
    I disagree, if teams know they can't gain yards on the ground they become one dimensional and that makes it more difficult to pass. I would rather have a cornerback at 1.15, but I understand how Nix helps the pass defense without actually rushing the passer. He would also be the anchor that doesn't allow a quarterback to step up into the pocket to get a better passing lane or run with it.

Pappy

1.20 - JC Latham, OT, Alabama
    2.51 - Xavier leggette, WR, South Carolina
    3.84 - Sedrick Van-Pran Granger, OC, Georgia
    3.98 - Andru Phillips, CB, Kentucky
    4.119 - Maason Smith, DT, LSU
    7.178 -
    7.195 -

"Football is a physical game, well, it used to be anyways" - Mel Blount

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by papillon View Post
    I disagree, if teams know they can't gain yards on the ground they become one dimensional and that makes it more difficult to pass. I would rather have a cornerback at 1.15, but I understand how Nix helps the pass defense without actually rushing the passer. He would also be the anchor that doesn't allow a quarterback to step up into the pocket to get a better passing lane or run with it.

Pappy

We can agree to disagree but a two-down player won't help the pass defense.

We can agree that I would rather have a CB at #15 than Nix....along with a TE, a LT, a WR, or a S.
    "My team, may they always be right, but right or wrong...MY TEAM!"

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Oviedo View Post
    Thats why we have other draft picks...

You can't fix a run D with DB's... and unless there is another Troy in the first it doesnt make sense to draft a CB to play zone in the 1st round.

Revis and Asomuaghawhatever where great lock down CBs but they were horrible on zone. Make a team one dimensional and its much easier to defend them.