Page 2 of 11 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Emmanuel Sanders Will Have Plenty of Competition on FA Market

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by steelz09 View Post
    We should have taken the 3rd rounder but hindsight is 20/20.

Sanders is a real good #3 WR. He's not what we need at the #2 spot.

i was pissed they matched the offer.
    no hindsight for me. i wanted the pick, especially after pissing away our third last year for a 3 string qb( i know they took shmarko, but wouldnt have taken landry if they only had 1 3rd)
    steelers = 3 ring circus with tomlin being the head clown

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by squidkid View Post
    i was pissed they matched the offer.
    no hindsight for me. i wanted the pick, especially after pissing away our third last year for a 3 string qb( i know they took shmarko, but wouldnt have taken landry if they only had 1 3rd)
    those guys were 4th rounders, Wheaton was the 3rd

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by D Rock View Post
    those guys were 4th rounders, Wheaton was the 3rd

oops my bad. wasted this years third for a 4th last year
    steelers = 3 ring circus with tomlin being the head clown

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by steelz09 View Post
    We should have taken the 3rd rounder but hindsight is 20/20.

Sanders is a real good #3 WR. He's not what we need at the #2 spot.
    Yup, he is what he has proven himself to be at this point. He is Andre Hastings, Nate Washington. Nothing more, nothing less.

Legend

User Info Menu

Last year the Dolphins resigned Brian Hartline for 5 years @ $30M. I think that is the type contract that Sanders will be looking for, however I think he is more a $4m per year wr.

Use #15 to get a WR like Mike Evans, Kelvin Benjamin or Marquis Lee; or IMO better yet an Eric Ebron at TE who will be much more than a TE in the nFL.
    "My team, may they always be right, but right or wrong...MY TEAM!"

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

A lot is going to depend on the Steelers long term plans with Heath Miller.
    The Steelers need a WR & a TE in this draft
    Here We Go Steelers, Here We Go...
    Here We Go Steelers, Here We Go...
    Here We Go Steelers, Here We Go...!!!

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Shoe View Post
    Yup, he is what he has proven himself to be at this point. He is Andre Hastings, Nate Washington. Nothing more, nothing less.
    If he is paid according to his production I don't see the problem with keeping him. He's young, knows the playbook and was 67 for 740 with 6 TDs.

We aren't going to have 2 #1 WR's so why do some expect Sanders to play like a #1 when he wasn't paid like one?

If we can't keep him due to the cap I understand but its odd to see so many people talk about Sanders like he was making $6 to $8 mill last season. That 3rd rounder could've been a star or a bum. Too much room in between to act like a 3rd would be a superstar or a quality player.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Oviedo View Post
    Last year the Dolphins resigned Brian Hartline for 5 years @ $30M. I think that is the type contract that Sanders will be looking for, however I think he is more a $4m per year wr.

Use #15 to get a WR like Mike Evans, Kelvin Benjamin or Marquis Lee; or IMO better yet an Eric Ebron at TE who will be much more than a TE in the nFL.
    Weren't you big on Eifert last year? Did he live up to the hype or would he be a disappointment with his stats last year?

No agenda.. just wondering what we should expect if we draft a TE first round.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by feltdizz View Post
    Weren't you big on Eifert last year? Did he live up to the hype or would he be a disappointment with his stats last year?

No agenda.. just wondering what we should expect if we draft a TE first round.
    Eifert went to the Bumgals and had a decent season given he is playing #2 to one of the Top 5 TEs in the NFL in Jermaine Gresham. Eifert ended up with 39 receptions, 445 yards and an 11.8ypc average with 2 TDs. He did get banged up at the end of the season.

IMO Eifert would had been a major factor for us while Heath was out at the beginning of the season. I think he would have added significantly to the offense early since we got no production from bums like David Johnson and Paulson; I also think that playing time would had made the combination of Miller and Eifert pretty darn formidable in the second half of the season.
    "My team, may they always be right, but right or wrong...MY TEAM!"

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Oviedo View Post
    Eifert went to the Bumgals and had a decent season given he is playing #2 to one of the Top 5 TEs in the NFL in Jermaine Gresham. Eifert ended up with 39 receptions, 445 yards and an 11.8ypc average with 2 TDs. He did get banged up at the end of the season.

IMO Eifert would had been a major factor for us while Heath was out at the beginning of the season. I think he would have added significantly to the offense early since we got no production from bums like David Johnson and Paulson; I also think that playing time would had made the combination of Miller and Eifert pretty darn formidable in the second half of the season.
    I honestly dont see us getting production out of 2 TE's as well as AB, Cotch, Bell, etc...

I'm not againt TE but I think Miller has a few more years and Spaeth should be good enough until its time to replace Miller.