Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Did Ben throw this game?

Administrator

User Info Menu

Are you referring to Brown's first TD that was a "pass of faith" and very easily could have been Ben's 5th turnover?
    Tomlin: Let's unleash hell and "mop the floor" with the competition.

Administrator

User Info Menu

Huh? I'm pretty darn sure that was more like a "pass of faith" / jump ball and Brown was able to make a nice catch. Very easily could have been Ben's 5th TO considering the jump ball was to a 5'10 WR.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by OffensiveSwine View Post
    The first one of the night. Down the sidelines. That throw was a rope. Sort of like the one Brown caught against the Ravens in the 2011 playoffs.

Cotchery and Sanders don't have the speed to go deep. They are more quick than fast, and Heinz Field's crap surface doesn't help them either.

The TD? Ben had time to plant, and throw, and it had plenty on it. It usually does when he can set his feet and fire.
    This is true. I will agree on this criticism of Haley.
    Dude needs to give up on sending the deep routes to Sanders.

Brown rightly complained and Haley started giving him more opportunities and Brown has produced.
    Sanders runs good inside routes, that should be how he is used.

In view of the fact that Mike Tomlin has matched Cowhers record I give him the designation:

TCFCLTC-
    The Coach Formerly Considered Less Than Cowher

Administrator

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by OffensiveSwine View Post
    It wasn't under thrown. I mean if we are going to start judging throws now then Kurt Warner and his prayers to Larry Fitzgerald must also be held in the same context. correct?

If passes of faith are now a bad thing? Then kick Terry Bradshaw, who made a career of it, out of Canton.
    Oh god... now we're comparing Brown to Larry Fitzgeralds and Lynn Swann.

Maybe we'll be able to get a player like that with our likely top 5/top 10 pick in the 2014 draft.

Legend

User Info Menu

Ben did not throw the game, that is ridiculous.

In view of the fact that Mike Tomlin has matched Cowhers record I give him the designation:

TCFCLTC-
    The Coach Formerly Considered Less Than Cowher

Legend

User Info Menu

I stopped reading when you said the O-line wasn't that bad.
    This O-line is pitiful. Make all the excuses you people want.
    No time to gel
    Playing out of position
    Very young
    Injuries
    Blah,blah,blah
    It's bad, very bad.
    2nd O-line coach in how many years?
    I don't have the answers and neither do the Steelers

Banned

User Info Menu

And then they work on things all summer, and then scrap it when one player got hurt.

So because Chubbs Peterson didn't want to miss Happy Hour he was ill-prepared for the possibility, that an injury prone player could get hurt.

I bet Arians is at fault for that.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by BradshawsHairdresser View Post
    I was watching the NFL Network breakdown following the game, and they were saying the interior of the line was the biggest part of the problem, allowing pressure on Ben up the middle all game long.
    Why some of you need to hear this from a bunch of experts and not be able to see this yourself is beyond me. The NFL Network guys weren't on the field during the game. They were watching it on a television.

What do you guys do when you watch these games?
    Steelers 2015 Draft???....Go Freak! As in....

1-Bernardrick McKinney MLB Mississippi State 6 ft 5 250 4.5 40 yard dash

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by pittpete View Post
    I stopped reading when you said the O-line wasn't that bad.
    This O-line is pitiful. Make all the excuses you people want.
    No time to gel
    Playing out of position
    Very young
    Injuries
    Blah,blah,blah
    It's bad, very bad.
    2nd O-line coach in how many years?
    I don't have the answers and neither do the Steelers
    Yep Pete!!! This is by far the worst O-line in the league.
    Steelers 2015 Draft???....Go Freak! As in....

1-Bernardrick McKinney MLB Mississippi State 6 ft 5 250 4.5 40 yard dash

Backup

User Info Menu

I wish the Steers would trade for Manning or Brady so you fools can see the problem isnt the line. Its Ben. Not all Ben but MOSTLY Ben. Funny the "BAD LINE" crap didnt start until Ben started playing. Maddox nor Kordell are any good and worse than Ben but they had time to throw? Worth noting, Maddox played behind the same line as Ben and not a peep of a "BAD LINE". So did Dixon, Lefwich and Batch in Ben's absence and the line never looked like it does for Ben. In fact Dixon passed 27 times vs the Ravens and wasnt sacked once. Batch threw over 30 times n 07 and wasnt sacked once vs the Ravens. How come Ben is the only one in 5, 6,7, 8 sack games?

In 08 Ben is sacked 8 times. Enter Leftwich and he leads us down the field beating Jimmy Johnsons blitz time after time. How about against the Skins and Ben plays the whole 1st half and is sacked galore. Ben gets hurt and Lefty (who sucks by the way. I'm critical of Ben but Ben does not suck) comes in for the 2nd half and the sack issue is miraculously gone as he hits Nate on a bomb and audibles to Tone for a TD.

More proof that the line problem is Ben and not on the line. Not totally absolving the line of any guilt but you guys want the line to play perfectly but dont hold #7 to the same standard. Sheer hypocrisy and bias