Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: wallass.................

Legend

User Info Menu

wallass.................

anyone catch the last offensive play for the dolphins tonite?
    hail mary type pass to wallass and instead of comeing back and jump for the ball, he stands flat footed waiting for it to hit him in the chest while revis goes up for it and makes the int...............yup, 'pay the man'

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by squidkid View Post
    anyone catch the last offensive play for the dolphins tonite?
    hail mary type pass to wallass and instead of comeing back and jump for the ball, he stands flat footed waiting for it to hit him in the chest while revis goes up for it and makes the int...............yup, 'pay the man'
    I saw that and had a good laugh. It would have been a tough play but there was zero effort to go fight for the ball or break up the INT. That is a nutshell is Mike Wallace.
    "My team, may they always be right, but right or wrong...MY TEAM!"

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Oviedo View Post
    I saw that and had a good laugh. It would have been a tough play but there was zero effort to go fight for the ball or break up the INT. That is a nutshell is Mike Wallace.
    I noticed it as well... last play of the game and Wallace is waiting for the all to fall in his lap instead of going up to get it.

Gruden didn't have nice things to say about Wallace last night... he ripped him a new one on his sloppy route running and lack of production.

Legend

User Info Menu

Bet there's a pic somewhere of Breadbasket with his eyes closed on the play.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by flippy View Post
    Bet there's a pic somewhere of Breadbasket with his eyes closed on the play.
    It was sad... reminded me of why so many were frustrated with him. He's fast but that's it. It worked in Pittsburgh because Ben could buy time but most QB's are using timing routes and expecting a WR who makes that much to help them out by recognizing where the ball is and adjusting to the ball.

My Dad called me last night and said "I thought Wallace was hurt or out of the league, I finally found him"

How does a person sign for 65 mill and fade away like this?

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by feltdizz View Post
    I noticed it as well... last play of the game and Wallace is waiting for the all to fall in his lap instead of going up to get it.

Gruden didn't have nice things to say about Wallace last night... he ripped him a new one on his sloppy route running and lack of production.
    Gruden just saw what many Steelers fans have seen and why many of us couldn't care less that he left.

On Mike and Mike this morning they were talking about Jeff Ireland being on the hot seat in Miami just not for the hazing scandal but maybe more so if they miss the playoffs after spending $200M on free agents in the off season. One of those mistakes he overpaid for is Mike Wallace.
    Last edited by Oviedo; 11-12-2013 at 12:13 PM.

Legend

User Info Menu

No pride or professionalism. A classic "me first" attitude.

That is why guys like Calvin Johnson are so impressive. Best in the game and still gives 100% every play.

Legend

User Info Menu

Mike Tomlin had it right. "One trick pony". It was a pretty good trick and you could get some mileage out of it but it really wasn't enough for the price the fins paid for it.

Legend

User Info Menu

Did he really fade away? Or is he REALLY just a one trick pony, where Bruce Arians and Big Ben were able to maximize its potential and the fins just aren't able to?

Backup

User Info Menu

Can we move this topic to the "Around The NFL" board, please? I have no idea why we're talking about non-Steelers on the "Steelers Talk" board.
    http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v437/DBR96/PGH061Asmall.jpg
    Pittsburgh, PA: City of Champions.