Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread: Bruce Arians New Coach Of The Browns?

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Eich View Post
    Ben didn't like Whiz because Whiz yelled in his face. Ben outright said it. I'm sure that was one of the reasons Ben wasn't so fond of the Haley signing. He doesn't take well to being yelled at.

On one hand, I tend to agree with Ben. I'm far more motivated by people who are positive and treat you with respect than those who are hot heads. But at the same time, when you're making $100M, you should probably be able to work under either style.

I think at this point in his career and with what he has accomplished, Ben had hoped that the team would cater more to him than it does. Brady and Peyton have made those teams theirs and pretty much what they say goes. But Ben has things forced on him that he doesn't want and still hasn't gotten or hasn't been able to keep the tall receiver he's always wanted. I think he can thank his immaturity with the 2 assault accusations for all of that.
    Ben wanted a big WR.. we went out and got Sweed but he sucked.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Eich View Post
    Ben didn't like Whiz because Whiz yelled in his face. Ben outright said it. I'm sure that was one of the reasons Ben wasn't so fond of the Haley signing. He doesn't take well to being yelled at.

On one hand, I tend to agree with Ben. I'm far more motivated by people who are positive and treat you with respect than those who are hot heads. But at the same time, when you're making $100M, you should probably be able to work under either style.

I think at this point in his career and with what he has accomplished, Ben had hoped that the team would cater more to him than it does. Brady and Peyton have made those teams theirs and pretty much what they say goes. But Ben has things forced on him that he doesn't want and still hasn't gotten or hasn't been able to keep the tall receiver he's always wanted. I think he can thank his immaturity with the 2 assault accusations for all of that.

The FO begged Ben to put the bike up or wear a helmet.... he didn't. 2 years later he drags the team through numerous off field PR nightmares involving the words rape and sexual assault. Ben hasn't made it easy on the FO.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by feltdizz View Post

The FO begged Ben to put the bike up or wear a helmet.... he didn't. 2 years later he drags the team through numerous off field PR nightmares involving the words rape and sexual assault. Ben hasn't made it easy on the FO.
    Agreed- unlike Brady & Manning, Ben hasn't played 'squeeky clean'- which is bad normally, but worse when the Steelers pride themselves on 'character'.

That being said- it could be to the Steelers detriment that they haven't pandered to Ben a bit more than they have.

What is more 'right'- success or maintaining morals?
    The people that are trying to make the world worse never take a day off, why should I?

Light up the darkness.

2024 Draft
    1. Kool-Aid McKinstry CB
    2. Sedrick Van Pran-Grainger OC
    3. Malachi Corley WR
    3. Maason Smith DT
    4. Matt Goncalves OT
    6. Trevin Wallace ILB
    7. AJ Barner TE

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Maintaining morals always is the better path to follow.
    I would like to see Ben as the leader, the man in charge like Brady and Peyton but, I don't think Ben has the supporting cast to do so. With how Ben wants things and the inability of the o-line, the receivers it isn't going to happen. Possibly with the small ball Ben can stay healthy, make things happen on a regular level and then hand over the reigns to him.
    With Ben always getting killed be it his style , the o-line or the play calling it doesn't do well for Ben, the team the guy signing the checks.
    How many season more do we want to see him limping around, dragging himself on and off the field. missing games etc ?
    Rooney knew it was a time for change with the OC and Haley needs to be given a chance and respected. I believe the Haley situation here will never work out since Ben doesn't welcome the change.
    With all this talk bouncing every direction, how is Arians health ? Any reports on it and when he will be back in the saddle ? I wonder how serious teams such as the Browns or any others are considering Arians ? This seems pretty serious for Arians to miss the playoffs, still be in the hospital and not much if anything being reported on what exactly is wrong with him. I didn't like him as our OC but, I do hope he returns to good health.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by lloydroid View Post
    I don't get it. I just don't. How can they not see that an interim head coach, in unusual circumstances (Pagano illness) is not the same thing as a legit head coach in normal conditions. Arians did a great job filling in for Pagano, with a rookie QB and so many young players. Yes, they had a cake schedule. But he still did a fine job - as well as you could possibly expect.

However, that is far short of proving he would make a legit head coach in typical conditions. In my opinion, he will end up making for a bad head coach. It was a perfect storm that led to success with the Colts. And wouldn't it be JUST like Cleveland to screw this up?
    He did a good job and that has helped earn him an interview. He will not be blindly handed a job based only on his one season as an interim coach.

Rookie

User Info Menu

Reportedly, Arians had an inner ear infection...

It's hard to call plays from the sidelines when experiencing severe pain, nausea and vertigo...while not life threatening, an inner ear infection is debilitating...

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Thanks for the update slapstick. Glad it wasn't life threatening.

Legend

User Info Menu

I thought it was food poisoning from taste testing Luck's food.

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

The Browns are interviewing Marc Trestman for head coach

Yes, _THAT_ Marc Trestman, from the 80s, currently coaching in the Canadian league. My Brown fans friends are so depressed that they stopped responding to me. They just can't stomach how badly their search for head coach has gone, after assuming they would land Chip Kelly.

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by lloydroid View Post
    Yes, _THAT_ Marc Trestman, from the 80s, currently coaching in the Canadian league. My Brown fans friends are so depressed that they stopped responding to me. They just can't stomach how badly their search for head coach has gone, after assuming they would land Chip Kelly.
    He's been an nfl assistant before and has head coaching experience. Hell, probably would be a good hire for them.