Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Division Title Not Out Of Reach...

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Slapstick View Post
    We're in it until we're out of it. I'm pulling for playoffs right up until we are eliminated. The rest of you can choose to do whatever you want. K.
    Time to bring this out.

The weather around here is gloomy enough, I refuse to be gloomy too.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Jooser View Post
    We give away games so willingly, what makes anyone think we won't give away the last playoff spot as well? Anyone? K.
    I disagree. I don't think we give them away "willingly" but we do give them away "EASILY"
    "My team, may they always be right, but right or wrong...MY TEAM!"

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by papillon View Post
    The Steelers aren't trying to give away the games; the team is playing hard from start to finish. I know the WRs were awful, Ben's pick was awful, the corners were torched, but at the end of the day the players weren't trying to lose the game. If that were the case they could have folded the tent when it was 10-0. I didn't see any give up yesterday at all. The Cowboys made one more play than the Steelers did and that was the difference.

At the end of the day, the playoffs start this coming Sunday, the Steelers control their own destiny, unbelievably, but its true. Win 2 and they're in the playoffs and then everyone is 0-0. The Steelers have competed in every game and I expect they will compete to the end this upcoming week as well. They need to "find" a way to win, rather than "finding" a way to lose.

Pappy
    Well said, but will they "find a way to win?" Its almost like the team is waiting for the next thing to go wrong.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

We're gonna win on Sunday.
    6- Time Super Bowl Champions......
    IX X XIII XIV XL XLIII

2012 MNF Executive Champion

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Oviedo View Post
    Well said, but will they "find a way to win?" Its almost like the team is waiting for the next thing to go wrong.
    That's probably true because they feel snake bitten. Yesterday, late in the game was a microcosm of the season. Keenan Lewis makes a great play to break up a pass intended for Bryant and lands awkwardly and can't return to the field. The Steelers put the last healthy corner back available on the field. Hell, Tate Golden got significant snaps at nickel back or dime back. Even as the players that replace the injured player begin to get in a groove, they then get injured. The whole season has been that way. The Steelers haven't even been close to fielding a team with even 80-85 percent of their starters this season. That's somewhere between 18 and 19 of your starting lineup that would have to be on the field. It seems that at least 4-5 players can't go each week that the Steelers count as a starter. Harrison, Woodley, Ben, Ike, Troy, Ryan, Mendnhall, Dwyer, Redman, Adams, Gilbert, Foster and then yesterday, the icing on the cake, Keenan Lewis who has been playing good football makes a play and injures himself, unbelievable.

They know how to win, they want to win, but playing with players that need to be developed, but not during a game against a good quarterback isn't a recipe for winning and, yet, the Steelers were there with the chance to win the game and the unlikeliest of players makes his only mistake of the day in overtime.

That's the way it has gone this year, sucks.

Pappy

1.20 -
    2.51 -
    3.84 -
    3.98 -
    4.119 -
    7.178 -
    7.195 -

"Football is a physical game, well, it used to be anyways" - Mel Blount

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by papillon View Post
    That's probably true because they feel snake bitten. Yesterday, late in the game was a microcosm of the season. Keenan Lewis makes a great play to break up a pass intended for Bryant and lands awkwardly and can't return to the field. The Steelers put the last healthy corner back available on the field. Hell, Tate Golden got significant snaps at nickel back or dime back. Even as the players that replace the injured player begin to get in a groove, they then get injured. The whole season has been that way. The Steelers haven't even been close to fielding a team with even 80-85 percent of their starters this season. That's somewhere between 18 and 19 of your starting lineup that would have to be on the field. It seems that at least 4-5 players can't go each week that the Steelers count as a starter. Harrison, Woodley, Ben, Ike, Troy, Ryan, Mendnhall, Dwyer, Redman, Adams, Gilbert, Foster and then yesterday, the icing on the cake, Keenan Lewis who has been playing good football makes a play and injures himself, unbelievable.

They know how to win, they want to win, but playing with players that need to be developed, but not during a game against a good quarterback isn't a recipe for winning and, yet, the Steelers were there with the chance to win the game and the unlikeliest of players makes his only mistake of the day in overtime.

That's the way it has gone this year, sucks.

Pappy
    I think you mean Robert Golden. But I agree with your post. Been one o them seasons.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by BigRob View Post
    I think you mean Robert Golden. But I agree with your post. Been one o them seasons.
    Robert Golden is correct, Hell, I can't keep up with the revolving door the Steelers have been calling starters this year. We're developing players in crucial games rather than in practice. It's a good development process, but it doesn't lend itself to winning football games.

Pappy

1.20 -
    2.51 -
    3.84 -
    3.98 -
    4.119 -
    7.178 -
    7.195 -

"Football is a physical game, well, it used to be anyways" - Mel Blount

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Slapstick View Post
    1) Steelers win both games.

2) Ravens lose both games.

Three teams finish 9-7.

[URL]http://www.nfl.com/standings/tiebreakingprocedures[/URL]

[/LIST]

Steelers would be 3-1. Ravens 2-2. Bengals 1-3.
    I hate talk like this. Who really cares if the div title is "in reach?" They stink. Even if they make the play offs, they are going no where. Whatever is wrong with this team (and there are MANY options to speak of) isn't going to be fixed at this point. It's over. This team is rotting, stinking garbage and it starts with immature mindsets and attitudes, a head coach who doesn't know how to manage it, and so on. I also think they are a strong case of "trying to be too cute" with play calling. What happened to them wanting to make Dwyer the "work horse back?" What did he have, 5 carries? When you run your tiny 170-lb back more than your "work horse" back, I'd say you ventured off your plan quite a bit.

Legend

User Info Menu

Your workhorse back had 9 carries and rushed for 2.4 yards per carry.

His backup had 3 carries and rushed for 10.0 yards per carry.

The tiny 170-lb back had 3 carries and rushed for 5.0 yards per carry.
    Steeler teams featuring stat-driven, me-first, fantasy-football-darling diva types such as Antonio Brown & Le'Veon Bell won no championships.

Super Bowl winning Steeler teams were built around a dynamic, in-your-face defense plus blue-collar, hard-hitting, no-nonsense football players on offense such as Hines Ward & Jerome Bettis.

We don't want Juju & Conner to replace what we lost in Brown & Bell.

We are counting on Juju & Conner to return us to the glory we once had with Hines & The Bus.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by RuthlessBurgher View Post
    Your workhorse back had 9 carries and rushed for 2.4 yards per carry.

His backup had 3 carries and rushed for 10.0 yards per carry.

The tiny 170-lb back had 3 carries and rushed for 5.0 yards per carry.
    That's why they need to resign Mendy so Lloyd can honor his committment to quit being a fan