Thread: Steelers could get excellent value in rounds 4 and 5

Backup

User Info Menu

Steelers could get excellent value in rounds 4 and 5

Still a lot of great players on the board that could be starters. I was filling out my draft board last night and I cant believe some teams took some players in the 3rd round that were rated as 7th rounders or undrafted free agents. The Leveon Bell pick was projected as a late 2nd round early 3rd. In my opinion, it was just a slight reach for the steelers. The Markus Wheaton pick was projected mid 3rd round so the Steelers got that one right where he should have been drafted. So far I would give the draft a C+
    Last edited by toddjammin; 04-27-2013 at 08:52 AM.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by toddjammin View Post
    Still a lot of great players on the board that could be starters. I was filling out my draft board last night and I cant believe some teams took some players in the 3rd round that were rated as 7th rounders or undrafted free agents. The Leveon Bell pick was projected as a late 2nd round early 3rd. In my opinion, it was just a slight reach for the steelers. The Markus Wheaton pick was projected mid 3rd round so the Steelers got that one right where he should have been drafted. So far I would give the draft a C+
    I think the Jones pick alone gives them a 'B' so far, the RB and WR filled gaping needs going into the season and while the players selected may not be the player a fan would have chosen they do address areas of the team that are deficient.

IMO, a safety (Shamarko Thomas), a quarterback (Landry Jones), an OG (no names to give), a tight end and a punter would be wise investments in the 4th through 7th today, IMO. It would be great to develop a quarterback that is young and can step in and fill in for Ben or provide trade value if Ben continues to play at a high level without injury.

Polamalu and Clark can't play forever no matter how much we wish they could, some depth at guard would be nice, Heath is missing part of the season so a late round TE wouldn't be bad and the special teams need to be upgraded, a punter would be a good start.

Pappy

1.20 -
    2.51 -
    3.84 -
    3.98 -
    4.119 -
    7.178 -
    7.195 -

"Football is a physical game, well, it used to be anyways" - Mel Blount

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

They need to draft a Safety, ILB and CB somewhere in the draft.
    Steelers Draft 2015
    Rd 1: Devante Parker - WR/ Kevin Johnson - CB
    Rd 2: Danielle Hunter -OLB
    Rd 3: Steven Nelson - CB
    Rd 4: Derron Smith - S
    Rd 5: Henry Anderson - DE
    Rd 6: Wes Saxton - TE
    Rd 7: Deon Simon - DT

Backup

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by grotonsteel View Post
    They need to draft a Safety, ILB and CB somewhere in the draft.
    Agreed... the BPA at these positions would make this a potential solid draft class.

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Phillip Thomas, Mike Mauti, Terry Hawthorne...possibly Tyler Bray as well.
    2022 NFL Mock Draft
    -------------------------------------------
    1. Malik Willis, QB; Liberty
    2. Daniel Faalele, OT; Minnesota
    3. Dante Stills, DT; West Virginia
    7. Riley Moss, CB; Iowa