Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678 LastLast

Thread: Robinson: Manti Te’o, Steelers could be perfect couple

Legend

User Info Menu

Ray Graham vs ND... you be the judge. Te'o had a sack and a few tackles but he was swallowed up more than a few times and took himself out of plays too often. Critics have said he guesses wrong to often....

I think he will have problems shedding blocks at the next level.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by SS Laser View Post
    I see the catfish GF thing like Mike Adams taking a few puffs. Not a big deal if over and DONE with for good. Move on become a big boy and play in the NFL. I do not want him at 17. End of 1st I would take a shot.
    He might even have more fire to succeed in the NFL. I agree time will tell.
    Its different... This story was told for months and months and then the curtain was pulled back in the Bama game and the hoax story that followed... as well as refusing to play in the senior bowl.

I cant really blame him for voters who said they wouldnt have voted for him if the story broke earlier but it is something to consider. If it was weed I dont think it would get anywhere near this exposure. If he took money from an agent, had bad grades, etc it wouldnt be as big of a deal but a lot of scouts, GM and analyst let this GF story get the better of them.

It really does show how bad the media can be....

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by feltdizz View Post
    Why is Neon Dieon on this list? I mean, the Jherri Curl was offensive but the guy never had off field issues from whay I can remember.

...and note: i hated Dieon when he played but he was a truly gifted athlete.

and anyone who thinks Te'o has greatness in his future probably ate up the GF story this year... I think he will be a solid garbage man but nothing more. Time will tell.

as far as lying about the GF... plenty of guys lie or embellish their stories about women but most dont do it on national tv, over and over again. LOL...
    Deion is on the list because he was seen as a "me" guy, not a team guy. I'm just calling out the ridiculousness of acting like the GF stuff is moot. As you said, I'm sure plenty guys lie about women... But that's different than what he attempted to do (i.e. fool the country).

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Ray Graham vs ND... you be the judge. Te'o had a sack and a few tackles but he was swallowed up more than a few times and took himself out of plays too often. Critics have said he guesses wrong to often....

I think he will have problems shedding blocks at the next level.
    If you are going to do this you should post the games the past two-three seasons where he dominated. There are more of those games than this game where he was so-so (7 tackles, 1 sack).
    Steelers 2015 Draft???....Go Freak! As in....

1-Bernardrick McKinney MLB Mississippi State 6 ft 5 250 4.5 40 yard dash

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Dee Dub View Post
    If you are going to do this you should post the games the past two-three seasons where he dominated. There are more of those games than this game where he was so-so (7 tackles, 1 sack).
    I dont want him... you are free to post his highlights.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

I dont want him... you are free to post his highlights.
    Fair enough...but at least be fair in why you dont want him. You hand pick bits and pieces but ignore the whole body of work whether it be his performance on the field or one off field issue.

I keep hearing how T'eo isnt a Patrick Willis but Patrick Willis has average 108 tackles 1.5 sacks and 1.5 INT's the past two seasons. I'll take that bet. I believe T'eo can do that in the NFL.

Legend

User Info Menu

Fair enough...but at least be fair in why you dont want him. You hand pick bits and pieces but ignore the whole body of work whether it be his performance on the field or one off field issue.

I keep hearing how T'eo isnt a Patrick Willis but Patrick Willis has average 108 tackles 1.5 sacks and 1.5 INT's the past two seasons. I'll take that bet. I believe T'eo can do that in the NFL.
    Don't think Te'o is the 'athlete' Willis is, but production is production. Depends on what you want him to do. If the Steelers just want a tackling machine, then Te'o is a fine choice. If they want a 'difference maker', not sure Te'o is that guy.

All this mystery girlfriend hocus-pocus will vanish after a few solid seasons of NFL play. If he fails to perform in the NFL though, people will only remember him for that.
    The people that are trying to make the world worse never take a day off, why should I?

Light up the darkness.

2024 Draft
    1. Jackson Powers-Johnson OC
    2. Ruke Orhorhoro DT
    3. Khyree Jackson CB
    3. Marcus Rosemy-Jacksaint WR
    4. Jordan Travis QB
    6. Jordan Jefferson DT

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Chadman View Post
    Don't think Te'o is the 'athlete' Willis is, but production is production. Depends on what you want him to do. If the Steelers just want a tackling machine, then Te'o is a fine choice. If they want a 'difference maker', not sure Te'o is that guy......
    Cha-ching, cha-ching, cha-ching!! why do you think I have been on this T'eo ride for so long? I do not expect him to get 7 INT's as a Steelers. He wont do the majority of the covering. Timmons will. And T'eo and Minter would both be tremendous compliments to what Timmons does. And it will actually free Timmons up to do more.

You put T'eo next to Timmons and you can bet he will put up those numbers that Patrick Willis has the past two years ..and then some. And then watch Timmons become a perennial defensive player of the year candidate.

Some can think outside of the box. Some can't.

Legend

User Info Menu

Cha-ching, cha-ching, cha-ching!! why do you think I have been on this T'eo ride for so long? I do not expect him to get 7 INT's as a Steelers. He wont do the majority of the covering. Timmons will. And T'eo and Minter would both be tremendous compliments to what Timmons does. And it will actually free Timmons up to do more.

You put T'eo next to Timmons and you can bet he will put up those numbers that Patrick Willis has the past two years ..and then some. And then watch Timmons become a perennial defensive player of the year candidate.

Some can think outside of the box. Some can't.
    Certainly not 'against' drafting Te'o, but not sure if he'd be choice #1 right now. Agree with you that he could be a nice compliment to the athlete that Timmons is. Minter looks a good player too. Not sold on Ogletree. The real shame is that the Steelers might never see what Sean Spence could have been for them. If the Steelers are determined to draft an ILB, the other guy Chadman thinks would be a great fit, if he can convince teams to take the chance on him, is Michael Mauti. His on-field play is very solid, but even more impressive is listening to him being interviewed during the whole Penn St drama early in the season. That is one 'leader of men'.

If you haven't seen/heard him during that time, do yourself a favour & google him. The Steelers could do with leaders like Mauti.
    The people that are trying to make the world worse never take a day off, why should I?

Light up the darkness.

2024 Draft
    1. Jackson Powers-Johnson OC
    2. Ruke Orhorhoro DT
    3. Khyree Jackson CB
    3. Marcus Rosemy-Jacksaint WR
    4. Jordan Travis QB
    6. Jordan Jefferson DT

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Chadman View Post
    Don't think Te'o is the 'athlete' Willis is, but production is production. Depends on what you want him to do. If the Steelers just want a tackling machine, then Te'o is a fine choice. If they want a 'difference maker', not sure Te'o is that guy.

All this mystery girlfriend hocus-pocus will vanish after a few solid seasons of NFL play. If he fails to perform in the NFL though, people will only remember him for that.
    will those tackles be 5 yards down field or in the hole? I think it will be the former... I don't think he has the closing speed or size. My opinion... and like I've said before.... we will see in a few months if he is the real deal.

If he is a pro-bowler I have no problem admitting I missed on him... but if he is average he will go down as one of the craziest bust in NFL history due to that catfish story.