Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: We're 7-6, quite whining

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

We're 7-6, quit whining

We are currently 7-6. 11 teams in the NFL have a better record then us. 4 have the same record. We are tied with Cincy for the final wild card spot and play them again this season. Ryan Clark had it right the other day...Steelers fans, and even some of the team are straight up spoiled. Yeah, we got our tails kicked in every aspect of the game today. Not the end of the world considering we are tied for a playoff spot.

Not trying to sound like a know it all or something, but I think we all just need to get over this bad loss, and hope that next week, with another full week of Ben practicing, and review of what went wrong today, we roll down to Dallas and take care of business. I think we all need to hop off the roller coaster of 'we suck - we are a team to be feared' and just see what happens come next Sunday.

Put it this way...we aren't the best team, we aren't the worst team, we are still morphing and there are 3 games left.
    Last edited by Mister Pittsburgh; 12-09-2012 at 10:41 PM.

Legend

User Info Menu

O, I feel so much better now, thanks for the rah rah post.
    The Cleveland and now SD game are fresh out of my mind.
    You have a special talent my man

Legend

User Info Menu

Quit whining 3 hours after another loss to a bad team? Sure...

we are 7-6 and I feel grrrrrrreat!

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Like I said, intent wasn't to try and be a douche. Just trying to be grounded with the way the season has been. This team has had more injuries then any team I have ever seen and we are 7-6. We have lost to some bad teams, and beat some decent teams. I don't think we will know what kind of team we have until the final game of the year, whenever that is.

Legend

User Info Menu

Steelers have lost 3 of their last 4, so there is plenty to whine about.

Legend

User Info Menu

On a positive note, I think if the Steelers win their next two, they clinch. (I haven't done the math, so don't blame me if I'm wrong.)

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by SteelBucks View Post
    Steelers have lost 3 of their last 4, so there is plenty to whine about.
    And we beat KC by the skin of our teeth. We are basically average, at best. To be honest, I think the team collectively felt like Troy and Ben were back, so they could sit back and watch both be Supermen. Vs. Balt. you could see the hunger and fight in their body language and play. This week you could see the lack of focus and effort in the first series. Would a Jimmy Johnson or Bill Parcells' team have this bad of a problem with lack of effort and focus? F no, they wouldn't. If they did, players would be cut within 24 hours. Tomlin is not a top coach.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

I agree. People need to stop the whining.. Maybe because I'm one of the older ones on here, and I've seen it all over the years, but yeah, the season ain't over by a long shot. For example- look up Giants of 2011...7-7 and had to win the last 2..........
    6- Time Super Bowl Champions......
    IX X XIII XIV XL XLIII

2012 MNF Executive Champion

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by pfelix73 View Post
    I agree. People need to stop the whining.. Maybe because I'm one of the older ones on here, and I've seen it all over the years, but yeah, the season ain't over by a long shot. For example- look up Giants of 2011...7-7 and had to win the last 2..........
    Yea, both of the Giants last 2 Super Bowl wins, they barely made it into the post season. Same can be said for 2005 Steelers. But let's face it: Those are the exceptions, not the general rules. If you aren't playing good football by Dec. you are most likely not going to make any noise even if you DO make the play offs. Lets be realistic.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

I'm being realistic. Dec. just started! Everyone who wants to jump off the bridge are the ones not being realistic...All 3 teams in the hunt lost today.. GB was a wild card team too, when they beat us. That's been the exception rather than the rule here of late. Not many 1 or 2 seed playoff teams win it all. We beat a good Ravens team last week and it was an emotional game. There was bound to be a let down this weekend. Not surprised they lost, but I will be if they lose in Dallas....
    6- Time Super Bowl Champions......
    IX X XIII XIV XL XLIII

2012 MNF Executive Champion