Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Will The Scab Refs Giving Baltimore a Win Hurt Us?

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

all refs miss calls. all refs get some calls flat out wrong. scab refs miss calls because they don't know the rules. that's unacceptable. anyone else see how douchebag #2 (west coast harbough) talked the scabs into a review when he was out of timeouts?

obviously someone is going to win the superbowl. understand however these scabs are directly affecting the chances teams will get to COMPETE for that superbowl.
    2014 MNF EXEC CHAMPION!!!

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

first of all let me say I did not watch any of the Rats/Pats game last night. I couldn't stomach it after the loss to the raiders. But from reading this, it seems as if the Rats got more calls their way, which honestly doesn't shock me. However on a Rats board, one guy feels differently.

The officiating was horrible in every game I watched yesterday. In our game, it was atrocious as well. Both teams were helped and hurt by it, but I still think the Ravens got the worst of it. I know that some will point out the pair of "phantom" holds on the Pats as being key, but I've watched both replays, and I think that while they could have not thrown flags, there definitely were holds. The first one, on a 2nd and 14, Torrey Smith has his facemask grabbed and pulled down at the five yard mark, and it also appears that McCourty has his hand on his back, maybe grabbing some jersey as the ball sails past. Not sure which part of it, or both, they were calling, but a flag should have been thrown for the facemask grab for sure. The other one, where Pitta is held coming off the LOS, was legit too. You are allowed contact, but you're not allowed to hold, which is what took place. Maybe the regular refs don't throw the flags, but IMO I think they would have. Other than those two calls, it seemed to me that the Ravens were getting the brunt of the bad calls, especially that hit Reed put on Branch. At first it looked like a good call, but seeing the replay, that was a textbook clean hit, despite it's violence.

Man, I can't stand Rats fans... Even in winning, they're griping about the officials.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Steelgal View Post
    first of all let me say I did not watch any of the Rats/Pats game last night. I couldn't stomach it after the loss to the raiders. But from reading this, it seems as if the Rats got more calls their way, which honestly doesn't shock me. However on a Rats board, one guy feels differently.

The officiating was horrible in every game I watched yesterday. In our game, it was atrocious as well. Both teams were helped and hurt by it, but I still think the Ravens got the worst of it. I know that some will point out the pair of "phantom" holds on the Pats as being key, but I've watched both replays, and I think that while they could have not thrown flags, there definitely were holds. The first one, on a 2nd and 14, Torrey Smith has his facemask grabbed and pulled down at the five yard mark, and it also appears that McCourty has his hand on his back, maybe grabbing some jersey as the ball sails past. Not sure which part of it, or both, they were calling, but a flag should have been thrown for the facemask grab for sure. The other one, where Pitta is held coming off the LOS, was legit too. You are allowed contact, but you're not allowed to hold, which is what took place. Maybe the regular refs don't throw the flags, but IMO I think they would have. Other than those two calls, it seemed to me that the Ravens were getting the brunt of the bad calls, especially that hit Reed put on Branch. At first it looked like a good call, but seeing the replay, that was a textbook clean hit, despite it's violence.

Man, I can't stand Rats fans... Even in winning, they're griping about the officials.
    To be even clearer, the FG at the end of the game was wide right. But the ref called it good. From the angle on tv, the left edge of the ball was directly over the right upright. But it was at an angle, so the ball had to be a little outside of the goal post. The officiating was bad the whole game. I think they said the Pats were penalized 30 times. It was insanely lopsided. I hate both teams, but I started feeling bad for the Pats and hating the Ravens more last night.

But the game was decided on the last FG that was clearly missed. But the ref said it was good.

Why do they review every scoring play except FGs? They need to stop saying they review all scoring plays. Because they don't review FGs. And that should be the easiest play to review.

Even though the Pats got jobbed. I hope Billy B gets Sean Payton'd for the season for grabbing a ref.

And I bet that if we could have seen the kick straight on, it woulda missed by a lot. Because Vince Wilfolk was going nuts on the official.

Rookie

User Info Menu

something i forgot about that my father brought up today was the 15 yrd penalty on the raiders on the brown fumble touchdown fiasco was to be assessed on the kick off. It was not and that was the return that they brought out to the 40 or 50. any kicker can kick out of the endzone when given an extra 15. so a drive that should have started at their own 20 gave them great field position due to the refs.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by srk173 View Post
    something i forgot about that my father brought up today was the 15 yrd penalty on the raiders on the brown fumble touchdown fiasco was to be assessed on the kick off. It was not and that was the return that they brought out to the 40 or 50. any kicker can kick out of the endzone when given an extra 15. so a drive that should have started at their own 20 gave them great field position due to the refs.
    i'll have to watch the game again. I didn't realize they failed to assess the penalty. i was screaming at the TV because I thought even with another 15 yards 'swishy' failed to kick it out of the end zone. that's a monumental fail on these scabs.
    2014 MNF EXEC CHAMPION!!!

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Oviedo View Post
    Our play will hurt us not any ref decisions. If we play like we did yesterday winning the division is laughable. The solution is simple, if we beat the Ravens and Bumgals we will win the division. That has nothing to do with refs...that is all on us.
    If we play like we did yesterday beating the Browns is in question

Molon labe

People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf. George Orwell

?We're not going to apologize for winning.?
    Mike Tomlin

American metal pimped by asiansteel
    Only two defining forces have ever offered to die for you 1. Jesus Christ, 2.The American G.I., One died for your soul, the other for your freedom.

Legend

User Info Menu

The kick was good it went over the pole. Now, had the pole been taller and the ball hit the pole it probably would have bounced out, but the pole wasn't taller and the kick was good. The refs tried to hand the game to the Pats on the drive prior to that one when they took the interception away from the Ravens. That was a good defensive play, but the refs called interference and gave the Pats a 1st down, Brady didn't capitalize and the Pats punted and then Flacco and company did capitalize.

Geesh, please, the only thing keeping the Steelers from getting where they want to be at the end of the season is the Steelers. If you play a game and only the defense shows up (Denver) you lose, if you play a game and only the offense shows up (Raiders) you lose, if you play a game and both offense and defense show up, you kick @ss (Jets) and win. It's still in the Steelers hands, but they need to start being consistent.

Pappy

1.20 -
    2.51 -
    3.84 -
    3.98 -
    4.119 -
    7.178 -
    7.195 -

"Football is a physical game, well, it used to be anyways" - Mel Blount

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by papillon View Post
    The kick was good it went over the pole. Now, had the pole been taller and the ball hit the pole it probably would have bounced out, but the pole wasn't taller and the kick was good. The refs tried to hand the game to the Pats on the drive prior to that one when they took the interception away from the Ravens. That was a good defensive play, but the refs called interference and gave the Pats a 1st down, Brady didn't capitalize and the Pats punted and then Flacco and company did capitalize.

Geesh, please, the only thing keeping the Steelers from getting where they want to be at the end of the season is the Steelers. If you play a game and only the defense shows up (Denver) you lose, if you play a game and only the offense shows up (Raiders) you lose, if you play a game and both offense and defense show up, you kick @ss (Jets) and win. It's still in the Steelers hands, but they need to start being consistent.

Pappy

Truth by Pappy. Steelers must take responsibility, not disempower themselves by blaming anyone else or anything else.

Backup

User Info Menu

The refs always suck, whether they be the regulars or the new ones, the kick was good and it's not reviewable but it just has to fly over the upright...which it did. I think it's kind of funny that normally in most forums prior to the replacement refs, saying the refs screwed your team was normally met by 15 posts saying "it ain't the refs, we were ultimately responsible", but now the media has the balls to comment on every call the fans have taken it a step further.

I just hope everyone continues to bash the officiating if and when the other crappy guys come back, Belichek and Harbaugh should both be suspended for their actions last night also.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

I don't care what you think of the replacement refs and how they affect the Steelers...go try and be a Packers player, coach, or fan right now.