Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Harrison not a big hit in Cinci

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by feltdizz View Post
    Smh... Deebo played well last season after he got healthy... great run stopper andgreat at running down RB's on the back side.

We were 21st in run D.. worst ranking in 44 years.
    I might add that although I'm sure JJ learned a great deal from Woodley, Worilds, coaches, etc, having a former DPOY with a high motor around might not have let him see the field as much, but it may have helped him as a player.

Again, I know the financial realities didn't allow it him to stay. I'm just sayin...

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by skyhawk View Post
    Thanks Sugar. I agree and was thinking this after squids post. We could have used him with the Woodley and Worilds injuries, etc.
    so if harrison stayed, JJ and woriulds wouldnt have seen the field until woodley 'hurt himself'.
    no way you have those 4 guys making that amount of money with 2 of them sitting the bench.
    steelers = 3 ring circus with tomlin being the head clown

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by squidkid View Post
    so if harrison stayed, JJ and woriulds wouldnt have seen the field until woodley 'hurt himself'.
    no way you have those 4 guys making that amount of money with 2 of them sitting the bench.
    You're right there. I am just speaking strictly on playing ability.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by skyhawk View Post
    You're right there. I am just speaking strictly on playing ability.

agreed....
    steelers = 3 ring circus with tomlin being the head clown

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Sugar View Post
    I might add that although I'm sure JJ learned a great deal from Woodley, Worilds, coaches, etc, having a former DPOY with a high motor around might not have let him see the field as much, but it may have helped him as a player.

Again, I know the financial realities didn't allow it him to stay. I'm just sayin...
    JH would've helped JJ big time in the weight room

Legend

User Info Menu

James Harrison is one of my all time favorite Steelers and I'm kind of glad that he didn't have much impact in Cincy, he'll always be a Steeler and it would have been weird to see him making game changing plays for the Bengals. I hope he retires and calls it a career, while I think he would have had a better year in Pittsburgh, it wouldn't have been much better (and I was one who thought he had some fuel left in the tank), it's time to hang them up James.

Pappy

1.20 - JC Latham, OT, Alabama
    2.51 - Xavier leggette, WR, South Carolina
    3.84 - Sedrick Van-Pran Granger, OC, Georgia
    3.98 - Andru Phillips, CB, Kentucky
    4.119 - Maason Smith, DT, LSU
    7.178 -
    7.195 -

"Football is a physical game, well, it used to be anyways" - Mel Blount

Backup

User Info Menu

I was thinking the same thing. JH was a weight room warrior always working out. Jarvis weakest link in his game is he is weak. Harrison would show him the ropes in there and made sure Jarvis got stronger. Not sure if Woodley is let go it would not be a bad idea to bring James back at a vet min price to back up on both sides and be a situational pass rusher if he gets let go in Cincy which I see that could easily happen.

Legend

User Info Menu

Why is anyone really surprised. He is a fading star and he went to defense he had no business being part of.

I hate to see guys like Franco and Harrison let their egos ruin what could be great endings
    "My team, may they always be right, but right or wrong...MY TEAM!"

Legend

User Info Menu

Then he needs to be a coach
    "My team, may they always be right, but right or wrong...MY TEAM!"

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Bluto View Post
    I was thinking the same thing. JH was a weight room warrior always working out. Jarvis weakest link in his game is he is weak. Harrison would show him the ropes in there and made sure Jarvis got stronger. Not sure if Woodley is let go it would not be a bad idea to bring James back at a vet min price to back up on both sides and be a situational pass rusher if he gets let go in Cincy which I see that could easily happen.
    interesting...

I doubt it would happen but I wouldn't mind if he came back for the vet minimum to be a back up.

it goes against everything I've been saying but if we lose Worilds we will be thin outside because Woodley will get injured again next year.