Page 7 of 11 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast

Thread: Steelers, Packers interested in Ahmad Bradshaw

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Siggy00 View Post
    They had slightly over 100 yards if I recall, I think 40 of it came on one carry in the first half from Charles. Jones did nothing in that game.

If we try to be the 2010 Chiefs? We won't win 6 games.

And what's sad? Is that's exactly where we are headed as a team.

Sad.
    They were 10-7 at halftime, and proceeded to throw 3 INTS in the 2nd half, basically handing the game to the Ravens. The running game rotation was not a problem against the AFC Wild Card team. The passing game was.

Ben is better than Cassell, right?
    The people that are trying to make the world worse never take a day off, why should I?

Light up the darkness.

2024 Draft
    1. Darius Robinson DT
    2. Malachi Corley WR
    3. Mike Sainristil CB
    3. Beaux Limmer OC
    4. Jordan Travis QB
    6. Travis Glover OT
    7. Josh Proctor S

Backup

User Info Menu

We are turning Ben INTO Cassell. Hand off and then when that doesn't work bail us out on 3rd down.

Teams that value their HOF QB's don't treat them like Ben has been. Can't keep changing the parts at WR and expect 30 points a game.

They devalued Ben the minute they hired Chubbs Peterson Haley.

Legend

User Info Menu

We are turning Ben INTO Cassell. Hand off and then when that doesn't work bail us out on 3rd down.

Teams that value their HOF QB's don't treat them like Ben has been. Can't keep changing the parts at WR and expect 30 points a game.

They devalued Ben the minute they hired Chubbs Peterson Haley.
    But the rotational RB committee won't be the problem.

The people that are trying to make the world worse never take a day off, why should I?

Light up the darkness.

2024 Draft
    1. Darius Robinson DT
    2. Malachi Corley WR
    3. Mike Sainristil CB
    3. Beaux Limmer OC
    4. Jordan Travis QB
    6. Travis Glover OT
    7. Josh Proctor S

Backup

User Info Menu

What were we ranked in 2012?

Giants, Redskins, at Bengals. Injuries forced Haley to stop rotating.

How'd the run game look?

Legend

User Info Menu

What were we ranked in 2012?

Giants, Redskins, at Bengals. Injuries forced Haley to stop rotating.

How'd the run game look?
    But that's a different stable of runningbacks. The success/failure of that group could easily be argued to be based on the quality of the guys in place.

How did the RB's at the Saints look?

Light up the darkness.

2024 Draft
    1. Darius Robinson DT
    2. Malachi Corley WR
    3. Mike Sainristil CB
    3. Beaux Limmer OC
    4. Jordan Travis QB
    6. Travis Glover OT
    7. Josh Proctor S

Rookie

User Info Menu

The injuries on the O-Line, specifically Colon, killed the Steelers' run game in 2012...

Colon was a good run blocker at LG and was coming into his own before the injury...the Steelers backs at that time lent themselves to running between the tackles...neither Dwyer nor Redman are guys that can consistently go outside the tackles...Rainey supposedly had the speed to do so, but was also inconsistent...

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

I wonder what can be accomplished today with Bradshaw's visit outside of a physical? He recently had the boot removed and it probably is safe to say he can't work out for the team this early.
    I don't even know if they will discuss a contract either unless they have plans to rework one of their own like Troy or some other player but that would put us in cap issues next year by doing that right?

From the outside looking in it appears the Steelers have a strong interest in Ahmad, so in the end it comes down to the numbers to see if he can fit in within their cap guidelines.

Legend

User Info Menu

Remember when this thread was about Bradshaw? That was nice. Anybody hear anything about his visit?

Rookie

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by phillyesq View Post
    Remember when this thread was about Bradshaw? That was nice. Anybody hear anything about his visit?
    You know who can run outside the tackles? Ahmad Bradshaw....

Rookie

User Info Menu

I like this quote:

Ben Roethlisberger shows time and time again how good of a passer he is. But with his improvement, the Steelers steered away from what made them so successful – punishing offensive line, punishing running game, orchestrated by Roethlisberger, instead of him taking the team into another direction, which possibly glorifies him as a quarterback, but doesn’t bring with it too many wins.
    [URL]http://sportige.com/nfl-rumors-pittsburgh-steelers-interested-in-ahmad-bradshaw-03-2013/[/URL]