Quote Originally Posted by feltdizz View Post
    Nice........
    LOL, lots of ZIGGY HOOD lovers in hiding from this thread. haha
    Here We Go Steelers, Here We Go...
    Here We Go Steelers, Here We Go...
    Here We Go Steelers, Here We Go...!!!

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

I saw Hood too this last game. It's strange how he seemed to be having good games against bad teams and the star players had bad games against bad teams. Or at least not as noticable as Hood or is it when Hood finally does do something, it's more like, " Hood actually made a tackle or Hood actually looked like a football player that particular moment. "

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by SidSmythe View Post
    LOL, lots of ZIGGY HOOD lovers in hiding from this thread. haha
    More surprisingly, no Lewis love. Or Worilds. Or Heyward. And those look to be the 3 guys along with Cortez who are poised to be key cogs in this defense for the future.

I think we all fell in love with Hood's workout hype. And his physical transformation. He may still be a decent player in the long run. He at least seems more dedicated.

Legend

User Info Menu

Ziggy may still be the best of the bunch, he's been getting better as the year has progressed, still not great, but improving in my mind. I'm not writing him off yet; it took Aaron Smith a few years to become the force he became. I realize Aaron wasn't a first round pick, but if Hood ultimately ends up being a force on the defensive line, I don't care where they drafted him.

Pappy

1.20 - JC Latham, OT, Alabama
    2.51 - Xavier leggette, WR, South Carolina
    3.84 - Sedrick Van-Pran Granger, OC, Georgia
    3.98 - Andru Phillips, CB, Kentucky
    4.119 - Maason Smith, DT, LSU
    7.178 -
    7.195 -

"Football is a physical game, well, it used to be anyways" - Mel Blount

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

I remember people complaining about Troy at the start but I seen something in him that told me he would eventually be good/great and I trusted Cowher when he evaluated talent. I never had that feeling of Hood or Tomlin.

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by fezziwig View Post
    I remember people complaining about Troy at the start but I seen something in him that told me he would eventually be good/great and I trusted Cowher when he evaluated talent. I never had that feeling of Hood or Tomlin.
    This is Hood's FOURTH! year. Troy became a pro bowler in his second season. Hood ain't getting any better in the role he plays now.

The biggest problem is that he is miscast. He is not a 3-4 end.

He is a 4-3 under tackle. His best role would be on passing downs and letting him shoot the gaps to attack the quarterback.

Starter

User Info Menu

Drew Butler, future pro Bowler and Hall of Famer.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Notleadpoisoned View Post
    Drew Butler, future pro Bowler and Hall of Famer.
    Perhaps Butler could be a future Pro Bowler, but there is not a single punter in the Hall of Fame (not even Ray Guy).
    Steeler teams featuring stat-driven, me-first, fantasy-football-darling diva types such as Antonio Brown & Le'Veon Bell won no championships.

Super Bowl winning Steeler teams were built around a dynamic, in-your-face defense plus blue-collar, hard-hitting, no-nonsense football players on offense such as Hines Ward & Jerome Bettis.

We don't want Juju & Conner to replace what we lost in Brown & Bell.

We are counting on Juju & Conner to return us to the glory we once had with Hines & The Bus.