Thread: Nfl wants to talk with manny sanders

Legend

User Info Menu

Nfl wants to talk with manny sanders

PITTSBURGH - Pittsburgh Steelers wide receiver Emmanuel Sanders says he's going to meet with NFL officials to discuss his fourth-quarter leg cramp in a victory over the Cincinnati Bengals earlier this month.

Sanders maintains he did nothing wrong when he suddenly dropped to the ground with the Steelers nursing a seven-point lead. Officials stopped play after Sanders laid down on the turf and television announcers suggested the third-year receiver was faking it so Pittsburgh could avoid using a timeout.

Sanders sat out one play, taking in a small amount of fluids while team doctors massaged his calf, before returning. He says the cramp was sudden but disappeared quickly after receiving medical attention. He says he's not sure when he'll meet with officials, but the Steelers will be in New York this weekend to face the Giants.

[url]http://www.yorkdispatch.com/sports/ci_21896187/nfl-wants-talk-steelers-wideout[/url]
    2019 Mock

1. ILB
    2. CB
    3. ILB
    4. S
    5. CB
    6. ILB
    7. S

Legend

User Info Menu

Manny Sanders taking one for the team. I really like the kid and hope he is around for a long time.
    "My team, may they always be right, but right or wrong...MY TEAM!"

Rookie

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Oviedo View Post
    Manny Sanders taking one for the team. I really like the kid and hope he is around for a long time.
    It was a smart play...

BTW, it's only against the rules if he faked it...if he had a leg cramp, who are they to say he is lying?

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Slapstick View Post
    It was a smart play...

BTW, it's only against the rules if he faked it...if he had a leg cramp, who are they to say he is lying?
    Exactly--I'd like to see Roger prove he was faking which BTW I think he was No way the NFL messes with a "player safety" issue!!!!! Those are dangerous waters they won't go into.

If I was Sanders I would "get a cramp" during the meeting and ask Goodell to masage it.
    "My team, may they always be right, but right or wrong...MY TEAM!"

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Oviedo View Post
    Exactly--I'd like to see Roger prove he was faking which BTW I think he was No way the NFL messes with a "player safety" issue!!!!! Those are dangerous waters they won't go into.

If I was Sanders I would "get a cramp" during the meeting and ask Goodell to masage it.
    The problem is Roger doesn't have to "prove" anything. He could just rule that Sanders actions were detrimental to the league and fine and/or suspend him. That's one of the reasons the Steelers voted against the CBA.
    As many on this site think ... The Rooney's suck, Colbert sucks, Tomlin sucks, the coaches suck, and the players suck.

but Go Steelers!!!

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by ikestops85 View Post
    The problem is Roger doesn't have to "prove" anything. He could just rule that Sanders actions were detrimental to the league and fine and/or suspend him. That's one of the reasons the Steelers voted against the CBA.
    He could suspend Sanders for the year, suspend Tomlin for the year, suspend Haley for 6 games, suspend our strength and conditioning coach indefinitely, suspend Ben for 3 games, and of course, suspend James Harrison for life (just because)....welcome to Crampgate!!!
    Steeler teams featuring stat-driven, me-first, fantasy-football-darling diva types such as Antonio Brown & Le'Veon Bell won no championships.

Super Bowl winning Steeler teams were built around a dynamic, in-your-face defense plus blue-collar, hard-hitting, no-nonsense football players on offense such as Hines Ward & Jerome Bettis.

We don't want Juju & Conner to replace what we lost in Brown & Bell.

We are counting on Juju & Conner to return us to the glory we once had with Hines & The Bus.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by ikestops85 View Post
    That is absolutely the problem.

I tend to agree that Sanders probably faked it, but if he claimed to have a cramp and received treatment, that seems hard to prove as long as he sticks to his story. But, proof doesn't seem to mean the same thing in Goodell's kangaroo court as it does in a court of law.

Legend

User Info Menu

My guess is that Goodell is taking the opportunity to use this incident as an example for players that might be considering doing it in a future game, a veiled warning so to speak. Nothing will come of Sanders' in this particular instance. Just Goodell making sure Sanders (and the rest of the players) understands the rules of the game.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

I believe Sanders. Doing the work I do I get sudden sharp pains that go away as quicly as they appear. Who is to say if he is telling a fib or telling the truth ? Maybe he smiled afterwards or laughed with having all eyes upon him and then, not feeling as injured as he thought he felt ? Shallow waters this NFL authority is fishing in or is it deep waters ?

I don't believe for one moment our coaches would have a player do such a thing on top of it. Our Steeler organization is a cut above the rest of the teams and I'm not being a homer, I see it as the truth.