Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Start negotiating an extension with Hood

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Start negotiating an extension with Hood

I just watched the replay of the game on NLFN. Hood pressured the QB and rag dolled O-linemen for the entire first half (I believe he had two batted balls and 4 pressures). He looks like a beast this year. If we can't get a deal done with Wallace, I'd negotiate an extension with Hood. Considering how poorly he played last season, an extension with him could be a relative bargain. If we wait until after this season, he could be expensive. I'm not talking about up tearing up his current contract. Only extending him by 3 or 4 years at a modest rate.
    Even if Bill Belichick was getting an atomic wedgie, his face would look exactly the same.

Backup

User Info Menu

Not a bad idea...I'm thinking 4 yrs at 25M...

JD
    The Pittsburgh Steelers: There is NO other Team!

http://i454.photobucket.com/albums/q...6jpg-1-1-1.jpg

Backup

User Info Menu

Seems like he really put the work in....Where's Cameron Heyward in all this. He has done notta and he was our first rnd pick. He has a year under his belt also. Just seems like he should be talked about more.

Legend

User Info Menu

I don't like the fact that Hood put in all this work just before his contract is coming up. Why didn't he do it last year? Will he do it next year after he gets paid?

On a positive, he'd the guy on our D line that's getting all the double teams.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Is he really doing all that? I watched the game yesterday, and I did not see the Ndamukong Suh-like presence out there that your comments seem to indicate. I really hope you guys are right. If he is all that people are saying--give him the money.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by flippy View Post
    I don't like the fact that Hood put in all this work just before his contract is coming up. Why didn't he do it last year? Will he do it next year after he gets paid?

On a positive, he'd the guy on our D line that's getting all the double teams.
    Because he was a young guy trying to figure it all out still? Because he realized with Aaron Smith gone that he is now the man and wanted to make sure he was prepared for that? Because the stigma that Dlinemen in the 3-4 should be fat run stoppers has worn off and he has decided to find a new way to be a force in this league?

I'm not worried at all that it happened going in to a contract year....especially since his contract year is next year.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Shoe View Post
    Is he really doing all that? I watched the game yesterday, and I did not see the Ndamukong Suh-like presence out there that your comments seem to indicate. I really hope you guys are right. If he is all that people are saying--give him the money.
    Suh himself wouldn't look like that on our line. His job is to eat up blockers- which he is doing 2 and 3 at a time. He's causing the pressure that's needed to make this Defense tick.

Rookie

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by legend of polamalu View Post
    Seems like he really put the work in....Where's Cameron Heyward in all this. He has done notta and he was our first rnd pick. He has a year under his belt also. Just seems like he should be talked about more.
    Cam Heyward has looked good as well, though he doesn't have Ziggy's comfort level with the defensive scheme....

And, as previously pointed out, next year is Ziggy's contract year...he signed a five year deal as a rookie...

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Shoe View Post
    You were not watching very well then. He pressured the QB continually and by the second quarter they were setting the back up to block him (not outside blitzes. It was very impressive. He has looked awesome so far.
    Even if Bill Belichick was getting an atomic wedgie, his face would look exactly the same.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Slapstick View Post
    Cam Heyward has looked good as well, though he doesn't have Ziggy's comfort level with the defensive scheme....

And, as previously pointed out, next year is Ziggy's contract year...he signed a five year deal as a rookie...
    Sure only NOW does he put in the work so that he can have TWO stellar seasons when his contract is up. If we sign him to an extension then what. Dude will have five stellar years just so he can WALK and make the big bucks elsewhere.

This team aint that stupid.

In view of the fact that Mike Tomlin has matched Cowhers record I give him the designation:

TCFCLTC-
    The Coach Formerly Considered Less Than Cowher