Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Mendenhall will be the starter once he returns

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by RuthlessBurgher View Post
    We still haven't really seen what Mendenhall can do in this Haley offense...I look forward to it.
    Amen brother, me too. There have been a lot of runs here lately that Mendy would have taken to the house.
    ​2019 MNFE CHAMPION

Legend

User Info Menu

History has already shown that none of the Steelers RBs are reliable. In 5 years Mendenhall has only 2 complete seasons. They will need the 'running back by committee' until they find their franchise back. As I already posted, Mendenhall has averaged far less per game in his career than a typical franchise back.
    Last edited by NorthCoast; 11-10-2012 at 12:14 PM.

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by NorthCoast View Post
    History has already shown that none of the Steelers RBs are reliable. In 5 years Mendenhall has only 2 complete seasons. They will need the 'running back by committee' until they find their franchise back. As I already posted, Mendenhall has averaged far less per game in his career than a typical franchise back.
    Injuries, bad to terrible run blocking and a incompetent offensive coordinator until now, incompetent on the ground at least. I really hope he can get healthy and stay healthy soon because with the way our line is blocking and his intangibles he'll prove to be that back.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by NorthCoast View Post
    Mendenhall's career average is 4.1 yards per rush.

Arian Foster is leading the AFC in rushing right now and is a slam dunk to be a starting RB in the Pro Bowl. He is averaging 4.0 yards per rush right now. Just sayin'.
    Steeler teams featuring stat-driven, me-first, fantasy-football-darling diva types such as Antonio Brown & Le'Veon Bell won no championships.

Super Bowl winning Steeler teams were built around a dynamic, in-your-face defense plus blue-collar, hard-hitting, no-nonsense football players on offense such as Hines Ward & Jerome Bettis.

We don't want Juju & Conner to replace what we lost in Brown & Bell.

We are counting on Juju & Conner to return us to the glory we once had with Hines & The Bus.

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by skyhawk View Post
    Mendy runs scared and dances. Redman runs forward for YARDS every time. We will see.
    Yup. He is still going to run soft. Why will that have changed?

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Redman is a LOAD.
    Dwyer is a BEAST.
    Mendenhall is neither....he belongs in a finesse offense.
    Here We Go Steelers, Here We Go...
    Here We Go Steelers, Here We Go...
    Here We Go Steelers, Here We Go...!!!

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Jooser View Post
    Amen brother, me too. There have been a lot of runs here lately that Mendy would have taken to the house.
    You guys are selling the other two, particularly Dwyer, short. Redman has an ability to make tough yards, but he certainly isn't the overall runner that Mendenhall is. But Dwyer is physically as talented as Mendenhall, though maybe not as fast. Dwyer is like tackling a horse... so he breaks a lot of tackles that Mendenhall never would. He also seems to have good vision, and very decisive... I'd say similar to Mendenhall. Mendenhall's best quality (over Dwyer) is his speed. Otherwise, I think it's a wash talent-wise.

I hope they stick with whoever is hot.

Legend

User Info Menu

A bad move rising?

If Jonathan Dwyer and/or Isaac Redman continue to pound out 100-yard games and the Steelers return to Rashard Mendenhall when he's healthy, it will rank among the more controversial decisions in a while at a skilled offensive position.

It will be reminiscent of that brilliant decision the coaching staff made in 2003 when it picked Amos Zereoue in training camp to bump Jerome Bettis out of his starting job. Or another in 2000 when Hines Ward was temporarily bumped from his starting job so they could install their two first-round picks, Troy Edwards and rookie Plaxico Burress, as the starting wide receivers.

Another one worth recalling came in 1992. With Neil O'Donnell nursing an injury toward the end of that season, Bubby Brister, pictured inset, guided the Steelers to a 4-2 record down the stretch. The Steelers earned a playoff seed and had a week off before the Buffalo Bills came to town. Bill Cowher decided to return to O'Donnell at quarterback and he obviously was either rusty or not ready and in Three Rivers Stadium the Bills drubbed the Steelers, 24-3, in Cowher's first playoff game.

It would be Brister's last game with the Steelers, and he went out the door saying about O'Donnell, "I can out-throw him, and outrun him."

[URL]http://www.post-gazette.com/stories/sports/steelers/steelers-make-pitch-for-roethlisberger-as-mvp-661606/#ixzz2BtAHoRgy[/URL]
    Steel Maniac's Time-Based Prediction: Lamar Jackson will be a bust and total flop in the NFL.

What Actually Happened: Lamar Jackson became the youngest two-time NFL MVP winner ever.

Gloat gloat gloat

Boom........

Hahahahahahaha

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by RuthlessBurgher View Post
    Mendenhall's career average is 4.1 yards per rush.

Arian Foster is leading the AFC in rushing right now and is a slam dunk to be a starting RB in the Pro Bowl. He is averaging 4.0 yards per rush right now. Just sayin'.
    Fair enough. I was actually referring to avg rush yds/gm. So it means that Mendenhall isn't getting the carries that Foster gets..?

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by SidSmythe View Post
    Redman is a LOAD.
    Dwyer is a BEAST.
    Mendenhall is neither....he belongs in a finesse offense.
    The RB coach disagrees with you, and so do I. He has power, speed, vision, and hands. Behind a OL that doesn't allow penetration every other running play will help take his game to the next level.
    Trolls are people too.