Page 9 of 14 FirstFirst ... 7891011 ... LastLast

Thread: Steelers Trade for Levi Brown

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Steelhere10 View Post
    The Card's agreed to pay 2.8 million dollars of his salary this year.
    Kinda sounds like the Cards are Bill Hader and Levi Brown is the phone in this commercial.

Last edited by Captain Lemming; 10-02-2013 at 11:35 PM.

In view of the fact that Mike Tomlin has matched Cowhers record I give him the designation:

TCFCLTC-
    The Coach Formerly Considered Less Than Cowher

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Discipline of Steel View Post
    Yeah, lets hope this turns out to be a Reverse Urbik.
    We got Felix Jones via trade...look how that turned out. Now let's hope with our luck of the trade (no pun intended) that Brown turns out well for us. Actually glad to have Levi Brown here, wanted him when he was a free agent before he signed his second contract.
    2022 NFL Mock Draft
    -------------------------------------------
    1. Malik Willis, QB; Liberty
    2. Daniel Faalele, OT; Minnesota
    3. Dante Stills, DT; West Virginia
    7. Riley Moss, CB; Iowa

Starter

User Info Menu

Haley probably vouched for Levi Brown. Wasn't Brown there when Haley was?

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

I
    Quote Originally Posted by Captain Lemming View Post
    Kinda sounds like the Cards are Bill Hader and Levi Brown is the phone in this commercial.

That's a funny azz commercial. Lol
    [url=http://img525.imageshack.us/i/steelers2010.jpg/]http://img525.imageshack.us/img525/2...eelers2010.jpg[/url]

Legend

User Info Menu

I'm down with this pickup. He was a good tackle 2 years ago before he got hurt. And 3 of the 4 sacks he gave up came in week 1. Maybe he can get his groove back. He does look a little slow in pass pro but so did Max and he was fine for us. It's like a free tryout. Hoping for the best.

Backup

User Info Menu

I think it is important to keep an open mind. Sure his stats were not great this year and last year. First off we know Ariens QB's do hold the ball cause they run alot of down field routes. Also they were such a mess last year with there QB situation I am pretty sure teams were teeing off on there oline. Now he may not be playing well or past his prime. But for what were paying him and the upside it was well worth it. If anything it provides depth. Hate to say it but if there is an injury I feel better with Adams coming on the field than Whimpler.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Rara View Post
    We got Felix Jones via trade...look how that turned out. Now let's hope with our luck of the trade (no pun intended) that Brown turns out well for us. Actually glad to have Levi Brown here, wanted him when he was a free agent before he signed his second contract.
    Are you calling the F Jones trade a success? His missed blitz pickup and fumble were awfully costly. For me, the jury is still out on that one.
    Even if Bill Belichick was getting an atomic wedgie, his face would look exactly the same.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by flippy View Post
    I'm down with this pickup. He was a good tackle 2 years ago before he got hurt. And 3 of the 4 sacks he gave up came in week 1. Maybe he can get his groove back. He does look a little slow in pass pro but so did Max and he was fine for us. It's like a free tryout. Hoping for the best.
    Was he really though flip? I don't know; I'm asking. He sounds pretty bad, and lets be honest--he is what he is. I do give credence to the Haley connection, with Haley (knowing his own job is on the line) having a strong sense of urgency at this point... I can't imagine him signing off on bringing in some dead weight (assuming worst-case scenario with Brown).

Rookie

User Info Menu

First post!

Here's my optimistic outlook:

Brown serves as a mediocre LT this year, but brings a slight improvement in pass pro and a good improvement in the run game. Shows some signs of life. The offense gets a little better and Ben stays a little healthier.

Next year, the team redoes Brown's deal to make it it more acceptable. Draft a quality LT in round 1 (Matthews, Lewan, or Richardson from UT if we go 8-8 or better somehow), slide Brown to LG where his power is utilized and his weaknesses are mitigated (no assurance this will work, but this is the optimistic view). Foster moves back into a back-up role and along with Beachum makes a great pair of back-up lineman. Draft a C/G in the mid rounds as a back-up and insurance in case Pouncey walks in FA after 2014.

Starting line in 2014 is Rookie LT-Brown-Pouncey-DD-Adams/Foster. That looks pretty nice.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by troyshair View Post
    First post!

Here's my optimistic outlook:

Brown serves as a mediocre LT this year, but brings a slight improvement in pass pro and a good improvement in the run game. Shows some signs of life. The offense gets a little better and Ben stays a little healthier.

Next year, the team redoes Brown's deal to make it it more acceptable. Draft a quality LT in round 1 (Matthews, Lewan, or Richardson from UT if we go 8-8 or better somehow), slide Brown to LG where his power is utilized and his weaknesses are mitigated (no assurance this will work, but this is the optimistic view). Foster moves back into a back-up role and along with Beachum makes a great pair of back-up lineman. Draft a C/G in the mid rounds as a back-up and insurance in case Pouncey walks in FA after 2014.

Starting line in 2014 is Rookie LT-Brown-Pouncey-DD-Adams/Foster. That looks pretty nice.
    Nice first post!

As to Brown... According to one rating, he is rated 60th out of 72 tackles. Adams is 69th (I shudder to think who is rated worse). I HOPE that rating will improve, coming to a place (PIT) where we theoretically get the ball out quicker (than Arians' scheme in AZ). That is the thing I hate most about Adams: He wouldn't even lay a glove on his defender, wouldn't slow his guy down one step!

With Brown (or Beachum, if he is to be the starter), all I hope for is they can slow their guy down enough, to give more plays a chance. Because this offense shows some darn good potential (what with Heath, Le'veon, AB and others).