Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Steelers interested in RB Beanie Wells

Backup

User Info Menu

If the Steelers really want to value the run extend Troy's contract by a year, re-work his 2013 contract, and go get Steven Jackson.

Enough of the half assed efforts at the RB position.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Drafting solid but average players and signing solid but average free agents make an already average team, even more solid and average.
    @_Hellgrammite

Legend

User Info Menu

Duuuuuuce!!
    2013 MNF Executive Champion!

DeVille's Late-March Mock (In Progress)
    1.20 - Jackson Powers-Johnson, C, Oregon
    2.51 - "WR/DL/CB" (tbd)
    3.84 -
    "WR/DL/CB" (tbd)
    3.98 - "WR/DL/CB" (tbd)
    4.117 - Jordan Travis, QB, FSU
    6.178 -Travis Glover, OT, Ga State
    6.195 - Isaac Guerendo, RB, Louisville

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by SteelerOfDeVille View Post
    Duuuuuuce!!
    Exactly...I was going to call him the Willie Colon of the backfield.
    I didn't like him coming out of college nor do I like him in the NFL for 1 reason. He's Injury Prone.
    Here We Go Steelers, Here We Go...
    Here We Go Steelers, Here We Go...
    Here We Go Steelers, Here We Go...!!!

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Mister Pittsburgh View Post
    Drafting solid but average players and signing solid but average free agents make an already average team, even more solid and average.
    $$$$$$$$ :clap: :clap: :clap:

Legend

User Info Menu

Not sure if Wells offers that much different from what they already have on the roster.

Still, 1st round talent, so if they can tap that... who knows- might be value. Has Eben Britton gotten any interest yet?
    The people that are trying to make the world worse never take a day off, why should I?

Light up the darkness.

2024 Draft
    1. Kool-Aid McKinstry CB
    2. Sedrick Van Pran-Grainger OC
    3. Malachi Corley WR
    3. Maason Smith DT
    4. Matt Goncalves OT
    6. Trevin Wallace ILB
    7. AJ Barner TE

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Mister Pittsburgh View Post
    It seems that the team is signing the second tier players and letting the first tier walk. I know that they don't have any money, but dang...

Legend

User Info Menu

Guys, we can't sign Adrian Peterson and Peyton Manning and Jimmy Graham..... and.... there's just so much gloom and doom on this board?

I'll be honest - if it were ME, I wouldn't sign Beanie cuz of his injury problems. But, his expected price tag is EXACTLY where the team should be looking (along with Shone Greene and maybe Steven Jackson)...

HOWEVER, if the team signed him, I'd hope like heck he'd stay healthy and prove me wrong. I'm convinced some of you guys would hope for injury so you could say I told you so... average players... Cowher's players... whatever your reason.

I could say, "why'd we take Bruce Davis instead of Cliff Avril like I said", but, what's the point...??
    2013 MNF Executive Champion!

DeVille's Late-March Mock (In Progress)
    1.20 - Jackson Powers-Johnson, C, Oregon
    2.51 - "WR/DL/CB" (tbd)
    3.84 -
    "WR/DL/CB" (tbd)
    3.98 - "WR/DL/CB" (tbd)
    4.117 - Jordan Travis, QB, FSU
    6.178 -Travis Glover, OT, Ga State
    6.195 - Isaac Guerendo, RB, Louisville

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Guys, we can't sign Adrian Peterson and Peyton Manning and Jimmy Graham..... and.... there's just so much gloom and doom on this board?
    I think most of us if not all 1,000% agree that it sucks to be down on our team. Fact is we were 8-8. We just lost a damn fine young CB (assuming we will), our #1 WR, a disappointing first round RB, our stud OLB that was the identity of our defense. So far to improve our club that was 8-8 we re-signed an old ILB for three years and an old WR that they wouldn't even dress.

Let's just hope we have one hell of a draft.
    @_Hellgrammite

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

I'll be honest - if it were ME, I wouldn't sign Beanie cuz of his injury problems. But, his expected price tag is EXACTLY where the team should be looking (along with Shone Greene and maybe Steven Jackson)...

HOWEVER, if the team signed him, I'd hope like heck he'd stay healthy and prove me wrong. I'm convinced some of you guys would hope for injury so you could say I told you so... average players... Cowher's players... whatever your reason.

I could say, "why'd we take Bruce Davis instead of Cliff Avril like I said", but, what's the point...??
    I'm on the same page with you about the Davis/Avril debacle.
    2022 NFL Mock Draft
    -------------------------------------------
    1. Malik Willis, QB; Liberty
    2. Daniel Faalele, OT; Minnesota
    3. Dante Stills, DT; West Virginia
    7. Riley Moss, CB; Iowa