Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Marcus Gilbert AWOL and not rehabbing his injury?

Legend

User Info Menu

If only he had DeCastro's temperament...

...or even if we could just get him to land on opponents, rather than teammates...

Legend

User Info Menu

Hell if he just had Bronco's tenacity.
    ​2019 MNFE CHAMPION

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by D Rock View Post
    I think that is the harshest scouting write-up I've ever seen. "Plays with the temperament of a chardonnay drinker" is classic.

I hereby proclaim that all posters on Planet Steelers refer to Marcus Gilbert by no other name than Chardonnay!
    "Reunite on Ice" might be more fitting while he's on the shelf might be fitting. And then once he's back in the mix, we can just call him Reunite.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Jooser View Post
    Hell if he just had Bronco's tenacity.
    And Walter Jones talent.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by flippy View Post
    "Reunite on Ice" might be more fitting while he's on the shelf might be fitting. And then once he's back in the mix, we can just call him Reunite.

Nah, I like Reunite too much to associate it with him.

Legend

User Info Menu

Flip, I don't think there's any denying his talent, it's his heart that's lacking....
    ​2019 MNFE CHAMPION

Legend

User Info Menu

I hereby proclaim that all posters on Planet Steelers refer to Marcus Gilbert by no other name than Chardonnay!
    How bout Gilbert Grape

Legend

User Info Menu

He may be hitting a bit of a sophomore jinx but he was pretty solid last season as a rookie. I haven't given up hope that he can develop into a solid player.
    "My team, may they always be right, but right or wrong...MY TEAM!"

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by pittpete View Post
    How bout Gilbert Grape
    I wonder if he cried after injuring DeCastro like DiCaprio cried after killing the grasshopper?

As Marcus' waistline continues to grow as big as big as Gilbert and Arnie's mother, instead of asking "What's Eating Gilbert Grape?" we can asking "What's Gilbert Grape Eating?" instead.

Steeler teams featuring stat-driven, me-first, fantasy-football-darling diva types such as Antonio Brown & Le'Veon Bell won no championships.

Super Bowl winning Steeler teams were built around a dynamic, in-your-face defense plus blue-collar, hard-hitting, no-nonsense football players on offense such as Hines Ward & Jerome Bettis.

We don't want Juju & Conner to replace what we lost in Brown & Bell.

We are counting on Juju & Conner to return us to the glory we once had with Hines & The Bus.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Oviedo View Post
    He may be hitting a bit of a sophomore jinx but he was pretty solid last season as a rookie. I haven't given up hope that he can develop into a solid player.
    Chardonnay has talent but he doesn't have a mean streak. I said the guy rarely finishes games and someone on here disagreed. Not sure who it was but since that first discussion I think Chardonnay hasn't finished 75% of the games he has started.

The write up was spot on... he isn't rehabbing he is hiding.

The kid is softer than a movement after X-Lax...