Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Ike's diet

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by sick beats View Post
    Heck, I can make a full blow filet mignon steak dinner, with baked potatoes, tosses salad for around $20 for two. And my steaks are as good or better than anything I can buy out. Matter of fact, almost no eateries steaks can even tie mine. Most are inferior.
    Do you raise your own cattle? Seriously, where do you buy your meat? Cause I want to buy those steaks.

I haven't found a place where I can buy high end pieces of meat that the top steak houses get. And I've tried everywhere. About the best I've found I can buy is from Whole Foods. And their Filets are $26/lb. And those cuts aren't as good as steak houses get.

Now if you're comparing your steaks to somewhere like Outback, I'd believe you. You can get better cuts of steak from Walmart than Outback serves. Just curious though, I'm a steak fan, but can't afford to eat well like Ike.

And if Ike's eating fish out, why the heck would anyone want to cook fish at home? It stinks up your house. Let the restaurant do the stinking for you. I always eat fish out, just like Ike.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by flippy View Post
    I always eat fish out
    me too..

Rookie

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by K Train View Post
    You need to get off your high horse lol

Not sure what Ike Taylors quality of memories has anything to do with.....anything
    Ike is a cornerback in the NFL...he is supposed to have a short memory...

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Slapstick View Post
    Ike is a cornerback in the NFL...he is supposed to have a short memory...
    I don't care who you are...that's funny right there!
    Steeler teams featuring stat-driven, me-first, fantasy-football-darling diva types such as Antonio Brown & Le'Veon Bell won no championships.

Super Bowl winning Steeler teams were built around a dynamic, in-your-face defense plus blue-collar, hard-hitting, no-nonsense football players on offense such as Hines Ward & Jerome Bettis.

We don't want Juju & Conner to replace what we lost in Brown & Bell.

We are counting on Juju & Conner to return us to the glory we once had with Hines & The Bus.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by hawaiiansteel View Post
    it's hard to cook only for yourself, I don't blame Ike at all for going out to dinner every night...
    Absolutely true. In my single days, I often ate dinner at work or went out to eat. Making a balanced meal takes a ton of time, and it's tough to make small portions of everything.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

I wonder what the cafeteria food was like at Swaggn' U. This could be the root cause of Ike's preference for dining out.
    [URL=http://s227.photobucket.com/user/AAFiorini/media/jigsignewplate_zpsgmcgfc1q.jpg.html]<a href=http://i227.photobucket.com/albums/dd207/AAFiorini/jigsignewplate_zpsgmcgfc1q.jpg target=_blank>http://i227.photobucket.com/albums/d...psgmcgfc1q.jpg</a>[/URL]

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Jigawatts View Post
    I wonder what the cafeteria food was like at Swaggn' U. This could be the root cause of Ike's preference for dining out.
    the hand wave over the mask is to simulate wiping his face with a napkin

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by feltdizz View Post
    the hand wave over the mask is to simulate wiping his face with a napkin
    I'm going to do that every time I finish a meal.
    [URL=http://s227.photobucket.com/user/AAFiorini/media/jigsignewplate_zpsgmcgfc1q.jpg.html]<a href=http://i227.photobucket.com/albums/dd207/AAFiorini/jigsignewplate_zpsgmcgfc1q.jpg target=_blank>http://i227.photobucket.com/albums/d...psgmcgfc1q.jpg</a>[/URL]

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Jigawatts View Post
    I'm going to do that every time I finish a meal.
    Lol... waiters always wait until your mouth is full to ask you the all important question. I'm gonna hit them with the Ike hand next time.

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by flippy View Post
    Do you raise your own cattle? Seriously, where do you buy your meat? Cause I want to buy those steaks.

I haven't found a place where I can buy high end pieces of meat that the top steak houses get. And I've tried everywhere. About the best I've found I can buy is from Whole Foods. And their Filets are $26/lb. And those cuts aren't as good as steak houses get.

Now if you're comparing your steaks to somewhere like Outback, I'd believe you. You can get better cuts of steak from Walmart than Outback serves. Just curious though, I'm a steak fan, but can't afford to eat well like Ike.

And if Ike's eating fish out, why the heck would anyone want to cook fish at home? It stinks up your house. Let the restaurant do the stinking for you. I always eat fish out, just like Ike.
    Flippy, I am not comparing to steaks at Outback. I actually think, contrary to many, that their steaks suck. Not that they just aren't superior, but they actually suck. When I order filets there, they flat out suck. They are chewy, and that's their best steaks. As a matter of fact, I find Long Horn to be better than Outback. Their porterhouses are decent, and huge. I am comparing my steaks to places like Ruth Cris. We have one right down the road, and, even though expensive as hell, I still think my filets are just as good, if not better, than theirs. The one place that _MAY_ out do me is called Charley's in Orlando. They are often cited in the top 5 or 10 of best steak houses in the country. They don't just raise their own cattle, but they grow their own crops that they feed to their cattle! And in order to be employed with them, you always start at the bottom, which is in the green house, growing crops to feed the cattle. Any how, I get my steaks at a grocery store called Winn Dixie, usually at the actual meat counter. If not on special, they go for $17 a lb. Two filets usually end up right around $17-$20. I throw them on the grill, and sometimes top them with a butter/blue cheese mix (although not always, as they are good enough as is without anything on them). These steaks melt in your mouth. Each bite is heavenly.