Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: South Carolina's Marcus Lattimore applauded by scouts at pro day

Legend

User Info Menu

South Carolina's Marcus Lattimore applauded by scouts at pro day

I would love to see the Steelers take a chance on this guy. more hard-working RBs like Lattimore and less out of shape slugs like Dwyer would be good for our team.

South Carolina's Marcus Lattimore applauded by scouts at pro day

Robert Klemko, USA TODAY Sports March 27, 2013

Marcus Lattimore ran football drills indoors Wednesday at the University of South Carolina for representatives of all 32 NFL teams, his agent, Michael Perrett, told USA TODAY Sports. And when he was done showing off the progress in his surgically repaired knee, the room burst into applause.

"It was crazy," he told USA TODAY Sports when reacting to the ovation. "I did not expect that at all. Pretty much every scout came up to me and said that was amazing and inspiring."

Lattimore, who has been training and rehabilitating in Gulf Breeze, Fla., with orthopedic surgeon James Andrews, says he has visits scheduled with the New England Patriots and St. Louis Rams prior to next month's draft.

He plans on being ready to play by midseason, if not Week 1.

"The goal is to be ready," Lattimore says. "You never know what will happen. I'll probably have to slow down a little bit. No doubt if not the beginning of the season, (then) the middle of the season."

Lattimore performed 15 minutes of agility drills on a track-like surface Wednesday before catching passes at the stadium from current and former South Carolina quarterbacks during the school's pro day. Lattimore's camp originally wasn't sure if he needed to work out to improve or solidify his stock, but the running back insisted on it. He is projected as a mid-round choice despite having both his sophomore and junior seasons ended by knee injuries.

"I just wanted to do something before the draft, and I felt like this was good because I was just doing my rehab," he said. "My agent thought it was a good idea. He didn't feel it mattered if we did, but I wanted to do it."

In a February interview with USA TODAY Sports, Lattimore said he wanted his comeback to inspire athletes who face similar challenges. Andrews said Lattimore had cut the expected recovery time in half.

"I want to be an inspiration," Lattimore said. "To let people know that with hard work, and when you trust in God, you can come back from anything and do anything."

[URL]http://www.usatoday.com/story/sports/nfl/draft/2013/03/27/marcus-lattimore-south-carolina-pro-day-applause-ovation/2025501/[/URL]
    Steel Maniac's Time-Based Prediction: Lamar Jackson will be a bust and total flop in the NFL.

What Actually Happened: Lamar Jackson became the youngest two-time NFL MVP winner ever.

Gloat gloat gloat

Boom........

Hahahahahahaha

Backup

User Info Menu

Trade down, get an extra 3rd and pick him.

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Two seasons ended by knee injuries in a row? I know he is good, but he needs to be on the field to be good. I say we take someone else.
    LETS GO MOUNTAINEERS!
    Here We Go Steelers!

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by calmkiller View Post
    Two seasons ended by knee injuries in a row? I know he is good, but he needs to be on the field to be good. I say we take someone else.
    Agreed.

And anyone who thinks one can come back this fast on his own form these type of injuries with out the assistance of...well you know....is crazy.

Prediction: in the not so distant future we are going to hear stories about certain football players and the use of PED's.
    Steelers 2015 Draft???....Go Freak! As in....

1-Bernardrick McKinney MLB Mississippi State 6 ft 5 250 4.5 40 yard dash

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Dee Dub View Post
    Agreed.

And anyone who thinks one can come back this fast on his own form these type of injuries with out the assistance of...well you know....is crazy.

Prediction: in the not so distant future we are going to hear stories about certain football players and the use of PED's.
    I wish they would just legalize PED's already.

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

I would prefer Le'veon Bell.

Legend

User Info Menu

we cant roll the dice with injury riddled players, especially this year.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by supersteeler View Post
    I would prefer Le'veon Bell.
    Agreed. Bell>Lattimore. Lattimore is a long strider that reminds me of Robert Smith, but without Smiths speed. Bell has better balance, power and functional speed. I believe bell is going to be special.
    Trolls are people too.

Legend

User Info Menu

Mike Mayock who is a tremendous talent evaluator has Lattimore rated as the #5 RB overall, ahead of Le'Veon Bell.
    Steel Maniac's Time-Based Prediction: Lamar Jackson will be a bust and total flop in the NFL.

What Actually Happened: Lamar Jackson became the youngest two-time NFL MVP winner ever.

Gloat gloat gloat

Boom........

Hahahahahahaha

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by hawaiiansteel View Post
    Mike Mayock who is a tremendous talent evaluator has Lattimore rated as the #5 RB overall, ahead of Le'Veon Bell.
    Well Shawn who I believe might be the most talented talent evaluator says Bell is the number 2 RB in this draft. So, stick that in your pipe and smoke it.
    Trolls are people too.