Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: All signs point to Kenny Vaccaro

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Agreed on the need to add some talent to the offense. I think the first round pick will be a WR or a TE, unless the value just isn't there. This is supposedly a deep class for safeties and there is better value in round 2 or 3. Hopefully we see a good RB added in round 3.

Backup

User Info Menu

Vaccaro doesn't seem like he's a real stand out player. Maybe I watched the wrong games but the ones I saw he looked very very average. Can somebody sell me on him?

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

It would be really nice to get FA Glover Quin from the Texans. He seems to do well covering the bigger TEs which sometimes gives us fits. But I know.....the $$ isn't there for us to do that.
    1. C.J. Mosley LB Alabama
    2. Jordan Matthews WR Vanderbilt
    3. (comp) Philip Gaines CB Rice
    4. Arthur Lynch TE Georgia
    5. Ross Cockrell CB Duke
    5. (comp) Derrick Hopkins DT Virginia Tech
    6. Josh Mauro DE Stanford
    6. (comp) Shaquil Barrett OLB Colorado State
    7. Quincy Enunwa WR Nebraska

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Coolie Man View Post
    Vaccaro doesn't seem like he's a real stand out player. Maybe I watched the wrong games but the ones I saw he looked very very average. Can somebody sell me on him?
    With only two pics, zero sacks last season, I think anyone would be hard pressed to sell you on him. He will be an average NFL safety. He won't even be as good as Chris Hope, who we got in the 3rd round.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by papillon View Post
    The Steelers need offensive play makers that come into camp, work their arses off and get on the field and help an offense that didn't put enough points on the board last year. Ben is 31 and his time will be winding down within the next 5 years and then who knows how long before another quarterback falls to the Steelers.

There are players in place to take over (you may not like them or believe they are of lesser quality, but they are there) on defense except behind Troy and at this point the defense is going to have to roll with what is left after the everyone is released. The biggest losses whether you like the players or not are on offense, Wallace, Mendehall, Starks and Miller to injury. To whom is Ben going to throw the ball? Brown (he'll be doubled as it stands right now), Cotchery, Burress, Sanders, Johnson, Jonathan "I need a blow" Dwyer, really? The first two rounds should be skill players IMHO and not defense, unless Vaccarro is there at 2.49.

The problem with the Steelers and skill players is that after their rookie contract they don't value them and typically let them walk, Burress, Holmes, now Wallace, and Mendenhall they just don't like paying the big contract for the skill players.

Pappy

i hear ya Pap. been singing that tune for a while.

it would be nice to see a receiver cartch the ball at the 20, beat his man/break a tackle and take it into the end zone like we see around the league with guys like Dez, D thomas, gronk etc etc

Legend

User Info Menu

what position can get on the field and start from day one and really contribute?

TE...................that's where I want to go.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by steelerkeylargo View Post
    to be the guy at 1/17. Unless Jones or Mingo miraculously fall. With the signings of Foster, Foote and Burress. Vacarro would see playing time in the Nickel and Dime sub packages and be a nice insurance if/when Troy goes down
    You could say that the signing of Gay fills the nickel role.

Still, I agree that Vacarro is a leading candidate
    Even if Bill Belichick was getting an atomic wedgie, his face would look exactly the same.

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

My first choice would be Jarvis Jones...damn that's a pipe dream though. Second choice I'd want is yes, Kenny Vaccaro.

I feel that there isn't a running back worth drafting at #17. I wouldn't like to draft Wide Receiver in the first either..we can probably fill that void later on in free agency.
    2022 NFL Mock Draft
    -------------------------------------------
    1. Malik Willis, QB; Liberty
    2. Daniel Faalele, OT; Minnesota
    3. Dante Stills, DT; West Virginia
    7. Riley Moss, CB; Iowa

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by squidkid View Post
    what position can get on the field and start from day one and really contribute?

TE...................that's where I want to go.
    Nope, RB as well.

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

I dont think the value at RB is there in the first round.