Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Steelers in talks with Mendy for new contract...bwaaaaahahahahahah

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Eddie Spaghetti View Post
    sign mendenhall then cut him.

problem solved.
    i never thought about this, but I wonder if you could extend a guy to reduce the cap hit right before cutting him? Like would Colon take $100K to extend his contract a couple of years so we could spread out the cap hit before cutting him?

Just using him as an example because he would cost a lot to cut. wondering if there's a sneaky way to spread out that hit.

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by RuthlessBurgher View Post
    This report is crap. The Steelers have never talked contract while a season is in session.

Then why would one of the most reliable reporters be reporting this? Just for crap and coo coos?

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by BigRob View Post
    I have never wanted a team to sign someone to an extension so badly. You are no true Steelers fan. That is one thing I can respect about some Browns fans, they take the good with the bad.

Bye
    Unfortunately for you, you are powerless to cause anything to happen. Just a fart in the wind. As a fan I have every right to form any opinion I choose to, and you can't do a wet fart about it. Nothing. I have remained a fan all through the 80s, when you still were peeing your bed. Come lecture me on being a fan after you have sat through dozens of play off games. Come lecture me when you have had to be a fan through Mark Malone, Cliff Stoudt, Walter Abercombie, Huey Richardson et al. Oh, and respecting Browns' fans? Way to go. They endlessly support an endless looser, and you think that is something to revere. I have some dog turds in my yard; do you want to come over and worship them? I should video tape the turds and then super-impose you bowing to them. Send me your photo and I will make it happen and put it on youtube.

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by feltdizz View Post
    I could see it happening... his stock is low.. and our RB position is in shambles. I like the "idea" of Dwyer with Redman as a back up but can anyone honestly say they see that combo lasting longer than 2 games?

These guys aren't ready or designed to be the feature back and unless we find a gem in a later round it makes sense to sign Mendenhall.
    No F-ing way. So, the largest problem of this team is bad attitudes and immaturity and you want to sign the ringleader of said problem? That sounds like a HORRIBLE idea. Hey, why we are at it, can we sign TO?

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by lloydroid View Post
    Unfortunately for you, you are powerless to cause anything to happen. Just a fart in the wind. As a fan I have every right to form any opinion I choose to, and you can't do a wet fart about it. Nothing. I have remained a fan all through the 80s, when you still were peeing your bed. Come lecture me on being a fan after you have sat through dozens of play off games. Come lecture me when you have had to be a fan through Mark Malone, Cliff Stoudt, Walter Abercombie, Huey Richardson et al. Oh, and respecting Browns' fans? Way to go. They endlessly support an endless looser, and you think that is something to revere. I have some dog turds in my yard; do you want to come over and worship them? I should video tape the turds and then super-impose you bowing to them. Send me your photo and I will make it happen and put it on youtube.

At least we're getting a youtube of something...

This is the first time I've ever thought about a wet fart in the wind. There's some comedy genius in that phrase. I can't quite pinpoint it right now, but it's clever.

Starter

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Dee Dub View Post
    ESPN had this on their front page the other say. I dont understand it myself.

[URL]http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/8751797/rashard-mendenhall-pittsburgh-steelers-discuss-deal-sources[/URL]
    reading this article i'm not suprised the way he acted the past week.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by BigRob View Post
    I have never wanted a team to sign someone to an extension so badly.
    really, of all the Steelers players ever that you wanted the Steelers to sign to an extension you pick Mendenhall?
    Steel Maniac's Time-Based Prediction: Lamar Jackson will be a bust and total flop in the NFL.

What Actually Happened: Lamar Jackson became the youngest two-time NFL MVP winner ever.

Gloat gloat gloat

Boom........

Hahahahahahaha

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by hawaiiansteel View Post
    really, of all the Steelers players ever that you wanted the Steelers to sign to an extension you pick Mendenhall?
    Sorry if I wasn't being clear in my intentions. I was being facetious.

Legend

User Info Menu

Maybe the FO is realising that on a team devoid of game changing plays, Mendenhall offers them a player with the ability to actually create game changing plays?
    The people that are trying to make the world worse never take a day off, why should I?

Light up the darkness.

2024 Draft
    1. Darius Robinson DT
    2. Malachi Corley WR
    3. Mike Sainristil CB
    3. Beaux Limmer OC
    4. Jordan Travis QB
    6. Travis Glover OT
    7. Josh Proctor S

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Chadman View Post
    Maybe the FO is realising that on a team devoid of game changing plays, Mendenhall offers them a player with the ability to actually create game changing plays?
    Really? All he has been has been "potential" without every delivery game-changing plays. When is it time to realize that if "potential" doesn't happen for 4-5 years, it is no longer potential, but a FAILED, UNREALIZED potential?