Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Troy Polamalu Is Our MVP

Backup

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by skyhawk View Post
    Since you know all, maybe you can tell me where I can find the video of Troy's sideways tackle in the 2005 AFC championship against the Broncos? It's not in that video clip on youtube and I haven't been able to find it. That was awesome.
    I dont know all, thats silly. The sideways tackle that you speak of I dont recall (Told you I dont know everthing)

Backup

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by stopplayn View Post
    I dont know all, thats silly. The sideways tackle that you speak of I dont recall (Told you I dont know everthing)
    I believe the game was from 2008 against the Eagles. Watch the Top 10 Steelers on NFLN and the play is shown.

Backup

User Info Menu

Its not the Broncos its the Eagles? Too funny lol

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by RKSteel View Post
    I believe the game was from 2008 against the Eagles. Watch the Top 10 Steelers on NFLN and the play is shown.
    That was the backwards tackle. Troy made some kind of amazing tackle in the 2005 AFC championship where he dodged a blocker and and took out the ball carrier. That's probably the one skyhawk is referring to. I know I didn't have a DVD recorder back then, but I may have recorded it off of the NFL Network a few years later, so I'll have to check my collection.
    [URL=http://s227.photobucket.com/user/AAFiorini/media/jigsignewplate_zpsgmcgfc1q.jpg.html]<a href=http://i227.photobucket.com/albums/dd207/AAFiorini/jigsignewplate_zpsgmcgfc1q.jpg target=_blank>http://i227.photobucket.com/albums/d...psgmcgfc1q.jpg</a>[/URL]

Administrator

User Info Menu

I'm pretty sure it was against the Broncos.
    Tomlin: Let's unleash hell and "mop the floor" with the competition.

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by stopplayn View Post
    Just look at the highlights. WHAT other Steeler has impacted games like this man has? I cannot think of one.

[url]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g0R0djSFq-s[/url]
    Joe Greene, Mel Blount. The NFL had to change it's rules because Blount was so outstanding in coverage.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by lloydroid View Post
    Joe Greene, Mel Blount. The NFL had to change it's rules because Blount was so outstanding in coverage.
    They actually changed the rules because Blount was so physically dominant he beat the crap out of the WRs at the LOS of scrimmage and they never got into their patterns. He was also very good in coverage but it was his physicality that got the rules changed.
    "My team, may they always be right, but right or wrong...MY TEAM!"

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Oviedo View Post
    They actually changed the rules because Blount was so physically dominant he beat the crap out of the WRs at the LOS of scrimmage and they never got into their patterns. He was also very good in coverage but it was his physicality that got the rules changed.
    Being so successful at being physical ____IS____ why he was so good in coverage. He was allowed to harass WRs all the way down the field, making it impossible for them to get open. Prior to Blount, there was no 5-yard rule on how long a CB could make contact with WR. I was well aware of this, but short-handed it to saying the rules were changed b/c of his awesome coverage, which was due to how physically dominant he was.

Backup

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Jigawatts View Post
    That was the backwards tackle. Troy made some kind of amazing tackle in the 2005 AFC championship where he dodged a blocker and and took out the ball carrier. That's probably the one skyhawk is referring to. I know I didn't have a DVD recorder back then, but I may have recorded it off of the NFL Network a few years later, so I'll have to check my collection.
    That troy tackle was definitely the Broncs afc championship game. Someone from this board had it replay in their sig.
    [URL="http://famousfatdave.com/blog/wp-content/uploads/2006/08/GodfatherIIClemenza.jpg"][/URL]

Backup

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by lloydroid View Post
    Being so successful at being physical ____IS____ why he was so good in coverage. He was allowed to harass WRs all the way down the field, making it impossible for them to get open. Prior to Blount, there was no 5-yard rule on how long a CB could make contact with WR. I was well aware of this, but short-handed it to saying the rules were changed b/c of his awesome coverage, which was due to how physically dominant he was.
    Mel Blount was just bigger than the wr's. He couldnt play today. Why isnt he mentioned as a great cover corner? Because he wasnt. He was just physically bigger. Troy Polamalu can play in any era. Joe Green would be a MLB in todays game (Kirkland)