Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456

Thread: Pro Football Focus disagrees with you ****ers, says its not the LB'ers, agrees its DL

Rookie

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by steelz09 View Post
    Keep making excuses for the 1st round bust.
    You're right...every Steeler should be having 14 tackle games on a regular basis...

Legend

User Info Menu

By the way, Sean Lee had more tackles last night than Timmons has had all season. 14 tackles in 1 game compared to 12 tackles in 3 games.
    why would we want a guy like Sean Lee when we have Jason Worilds!
    Steel Maniac's Time-Based Prediction: Lamar Jackson will be a bust and total flop in the NFL.

What Actually Happened: Lamar Jackson became the youngest two-time NFL MVP winner ever.

Gloat gloat gloat

Boom........

My IT guy...
    Hahahahahahaha

Administrator

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by hawaiiansteel View Post
    why would we want a guy like Sean Lee when we have Jason Worilds!
    Very true. I just hope nobody sneezes on him. I'd hate to see him on the IR.
    Tomlin: Let's unleash hell and "mop the floor" with the competition.

Legend

User Info Menu

If he was so stellar why did we let him go in the 1st place? Why did the Lions let him go without resigning him?
    I never said he was stellar. I was just pointing out that he starting all 16 games for us for 5 years in a row (and therefore not a backup for us during his prime years, as you stated).
    Steeler teams featuring stat-driven, me-first, fantasy-football-darling diva types such as Antonio Brown & Le'Veon Bell won no championships.

Super Bowl winning Steeler teams were built around a dynamic, in-your-face defense plus blue-collar, hard-hitting, no-nonsense football players on offense such as Hines Ward & Jerome Bettis.

We don't want Juju & Conner to replace what we lost in Brown & Bell.

We are counting on Juju & Conner to return us to the glory we once had with Hines & The Bus.

Administrator

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by RuthlessBurgher View Post
    I never said he was stellar. I was just pointing out that he starting all 16 games for us for 5 years in a row (and therefore not a backup for us during his prime years, as you stated).
    As I stated, I stand corrected..... I meant that he was a backup when Bell was on the team and healthy..
    Tomlin: Let's unleash hell and "mop the floor" with the competition.

Legend

User Info Menu

As I stated, I stand corrected..... I meant that he was a backup when Bell was on the team and healthy..
    Well, yeah...Bell was a 2nd round pick who started all 16 games as rookie while Larry Foote was still at Michigan, so everyone would expect that an NFL defensive rookie of the year who packed a punch would keep his job over a scrawny 4th round pick.

It's not surprising at all that a mid-round selection on defense wasn't a full time starter during his first 2 years in the league (Foote started 3 out of his first 30 games during his first 2 pro seasons, but then he was an established starter for the next 5 years).

Ike Taylor, who was also a 4th round pick the year after we drafted Foote, followed a similar path early on in his Steeler career (Ike started 2 out of his first 29 games during his first 2 pro seasons, but then became an established starter from that point on...except for the 5 game demotion into Cowher's doghouse in 2006, of course).
    Steeler teams featuring stat-driven, me-first, fantasy-football-darling diva types such as Antonio Brown & Le'Veon Bell won no championships.

Super Bowl winning Steeler teams were built around a dynamic, in-your-face defense plus blue-collar, hard-hitting, no-nonsense football players on offense such as Hines Ward & Jerome Bettis.

We don't want Juju & Conner to replace what we lost in Brown & Bell.

We are counting on Juju & Conner to return us to the glory we once had with Hines & The Bus.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by ikestops85 View Post
    You are missing the fact that Foote is not a superstar. Steeler fans expect 12 superstars to take the field on both offense and defense. If you are not a superstar then you obviously are not worthy to step on the field wearing the black and gold of the Pittsburgh Steelers.
    Wouldn't they incur quite a bit of too many men on the field penalties under your scenario....

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Ghost View Post
    Wouldn't they incur quite a bit of too many men on the field penalties under your scenario....
    good point!
    Steel Maniac's Time-Based Prediction: Lamar Jackson will be a bust and total flop in the NFL.

What Actually Happened: Lamar Jackson became the youngest two-time NFL MVP winner ever.

Gloat gloat gloat

Boom........

My IT guy...
    Hahahahahahaha