Page 9 of 10 FirstFirst ... 78910 LastLast

Thread: Good read Cowher V's Tomlin

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by steelz09 View Post
    That 8-8 season a lot to do with Ben's performance as well. Prior to that season, Ben implanted his face on a car's winshield and almost died.
    That team started in the crapper and finished strong. Kind of the opposite of last year's team.

That is my concern with Tomlin - we've seen the big tailspin, but have not seen him recover.

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

I'm still waiting to see players fired up!!! Look at our players closely when moving on\off the field, after plays...
    something is very wrong!!

Backup

User Info Menu

Just BTW Tomlin has MORE Cowher players on defense NOW than Cowher had of Noll's team in 95'. 7 years into his coaching career and he still has Keisel, Ike, Troy, Foote and Clark. Cowher only had 3 defensive players left. Tomlin still has 5, 7 years in.

Administrator

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Vader View Post
    Just BTW Tomlin has MORE Cowher players on defense NOW than Cowher had of Noll's team in 95'. 7 years into his coaching career and he still has Keisel, Ike, Troy, Foote and Clark. Cowher only had 3 defensive players left. Tomlin still has 5, 7 years in.
    Yup... we had to bring back LARRY FOOTE (another Cowher guy). In 7 years, you can't develop 1 GUY to replace an average, at best Larry Foote. That's pathetic.
    Tomlin: Let's unleash hell and "mop the floor" with the competition.

Legend

User Info Menu

Yup... we had to bring back LARRY FOOTE (another Cowher guy). In 7 years, you can't develop 1 GUY to replace an average, at best Larry Foote. That's pathetic.
    you should ask DL, mitchell, or butler. all of whom were here when cowher was here

the DB coach who was hired by tomlin has developed a few guys in the secondary

Backup

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by NJ-STEELER View Post
    you should ask DL, mitchell, or butler. all of whom were here when cowher was here

the DB coach who was hired by tomlin has developed a few guys in the secondary
    Who has he developed?

Rookie

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Vader View Post
    Tomlin is losing his inherited team... how is that working out? And like I've said before and you always ignore: The 95 team was almost devoid of Noll's talent. I know you like to pick the 98,99, and 00 team and say that is what happened because Cowher lost his inherited team. But that is BS. They were mostly gone by 95'. Again 3 defensive players on defense in 95'. Tomlin had 8 of his defensive players from Cowher just a couple years ago. I know you'll avoid that and go on about those bad Cowher years. Those were also the years when Cowher was in a power struggle with Donahoe. Something else you'll avoid. It was also the time when the team had to let FAs walk because they couldn't afford them. Again you'll avoid that and put it on these phantom "Noll" players.
    If you want to tell me that Neil O'Donnell, John Jackson, Dermontti Dawson, Greg Lloyd, Carnell Lake and Rod Woodson are "phantom" players, then just let me stop you right there...because you're just being silly at this point...

When those guys were gone, the Steelers missed the playoffs for three straight years. It happened.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Well let's see what comes up to combat that very valid point.
    [url=http://img525.imageshack.us/i/steelers2010.jpg/]http://img525.imageshack.us/img525/2...eelers2010.jpg[/url]

Administrator

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Steelhere10 View Post
    Well let's see what comes up to combat that very valid point.
    I'm still wondering the same thing about the Tomlin supporters except for his "win count" and the "sb" both of which prove my point about winning with a loaded team that he inherited. He hasn't proven any competence in building or developing players to replace Cowher's aging ones. Our depth sucks and our defensive play has declined sharply with the loss and aging of Cowher's players. That is no coincidence.
    Tomlin: Let's unleash hell and "mop the floor" with the competition.

Rookie

User Info Menu

I'm still wondering the same thing about the Tomlin supporters except for his "win count" and the "sb" both of which prove my point about winning with a loaded team that he inherited. He hasn't proven any competence in building or developing players to replace Cowher's aging ones. Our depth sucks and our defensive play has declined sharply with the loss and aging of Cowher's players. That is no coincidence.
    I simply think that Tomlin should be given the same opportunity as Cowher before having to be compared to Cowher...