Page 1 of 14 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: I thought this day would never come

Rookie

User Info Menu

I thought this day would never come

My fellow Steeler fans, I thought I'd never say this but today I stopped supporting the Steelers forever. After being a fan for 37 years and spending god only knows how much money on tickets and team merchandise. I was looking forward to taking my son to his first game but today I found out that the owner of the team supports Obamacare. I was able to get by the fact that he supported the man for president. To each their own but now after being placed on furlough status and my family having to suffer in order for the hand outs to continue to those that won't work breaks the camels back. May this team be cursed and never win another game.

Legend

User Info Menu

you shouldn't mix sports and politics...

Administrator

User Info Menu

Don't say that man... I got furloughed due to the sequestration and I don't like Obamacare either. Maybe in fairytale land but not in reality. With that being said, I wouldn't dislike a person, franchise, etc simply because they supported the bill.
    Tomlin: Let's unleash hell and "mop the floor" with the competition.

Rookie

User Info Menu

I wish I could do that but I can't. I look at the bigger picture. I can't drop a dime to an organization that doesn't support me. In my eyes it's a slap in the face.

Legend

User Info Menu

Chadman doesn't like Scientology..... should Chadman hate Minority Report starring Tom Cruise as a result?
    The people that are trying to make the world worse never take a day off, why should I?

Light up the darkness.

2024 Draft
    1. Kool-Aid McKinstry CB
    2. Sedrick Van Pran-Grainger OC
    3. Malachi Corley WR
    3. Maason Smith DT
    4. Matt Goncalves OT
    6. Trevin Wallace ILB
    7. AJ Barner TE

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Dude, don't do that.

Dig deep enough, and you will find dirt on ANYONE--Walt Disney, Henry Ford, Bill Gates. You going to stop going to Disneyland, stop driving cars, and using computers?

Rookie

User Info Menu

I'm sorry you got hit to Steelz09. It really sucks man. I hope you and your family get through this okay and we get back to working and paid soon. I've had to report to work for free or be placed on AWOL status. Gotta love it.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Big J View Post
    I wish I could do that but I can't. I look at the bigger picture. I can't drop a dime to an organization that doesn't support me. In my eyes it's a slap in the face.
    I am sorry to hear about you and your families struggles, but when in your 37 years as a fan did the Steelers ever support you?

Am I missing something?

Professional sports teams do not support their fans. They simply provide and entertainment venue.
    Steelers 2015 Draft???....Go Freak! As in....

1-Bernardrick McKinney MLB Mississippi State 6 ft 5 250 4.5 40 yard dash

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

He'll be back!! But don't forget that Dan Rooney is a Member of the Knights of Malta!! A Secret Society group of nutjobs. But 'eh. Whatevvvv!!
    Here We Go Steelers, Here We Go...
    Here We Go Steelers, Here We Go...
    Here We Go Steelers, Here We Go...!!!

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Dee Dub View Post
    I am sorry to hear about you and your families struggles, but when in your 37 years as a fan did the Steelers ever support you?

Am I missing something?

Professional sports teams do not support their fans. They simply provide and entertainment venue.
    Aww I don't know Dee Dub I think if you asked most of the players and the organization I would think they would say (and be genuine about it) that they truly care about their fans.