Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Dwyer signs tender

Legend

User Info Menu

Here's predicting that the RB's on our roster this season will be rookie starter Le'Veon Bell, veteran backup Isaac Redman, veteran 3rd down back La'Rod Stephens-Howling, second year fullback Will Johnson, and UDFA special-teamer-when-active Curtis McNeal.
    Steeler teams featuring stat-driven, me-first, fantasy-football-darling diva types such as Antonio Brown & Le'Veon Bell won no championships.

Super Bowl winning Steeler teams were built around a dynamic, in-your-face defense plus blue-collar, hard-hitting, no-nonsense football players on offense such as Hines Ward & Jerome Bettis.

We don't want Juju & Conner to replace what we lost in Brown & Bell.

We are counting on Juju & Conner to return us to the glory we once had with Hines & The Bus.

Backup

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Oviedo View Post
    Yeah, what's the chances of Redman being counted on and being injured for most of a season
    Also consider you have Bell, Stephens-Howling, and Baron Batch along with Redman. Bell will likely be #1, with Redman being used as a short-yardage back and Stephens-Howling as a change of tempo back. Batch probably won't even get a jersey most gamedays. Really don't see where Dwyer fits in, hence why I think the roster spot is better used elsewhere.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by hawaiiansteel View Post
    TUESDAY, 04 JUNE 2013
    WRITTEN BY ED BOUCHETTE

--- Jonathan Dwyer is heavy, real heavy, and his teammates cannot believe he is in such lousy shape. It’s early June, so he has a few months to get into shape, but if he reports to camp this way, his roster spot is in severe jeopardy. Unless there is an injury, he may not make it anyway because as I’ve written, the Steelers are not likely to carry two backup running backs at a $1.3 million salary each. And Isaac Redman is way ahead of Dwyer in the pecking order.

[URL]http://plus.sites.post-gazette.com/index.php/pro-sports/steelers/121491-ed-rookie-signings-mean-little-anymore[/URL]
    How is this even possible? How could he be even stupider? He's a 6th round choices who's acted as if he got a guaranteed lifetime contract no matter what shape he is in. He's barely made the team multiple times (I believe he doesn't make it his first year if Batch had not gotten hurt). And now, when the Steelers take a 2nd round guy who's expected to be given the starting job; he thinks being borderline obese and out of shape is the way to go? Cut this fat dumb-a$$ right now so not a single carry or snap gets wasted during training camp.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by papillon View Post
    I hear he asked for breather after signing the papers.

Pappy

Pap, I practically fell out off my chair laughing !!!!!!!!!!!!

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Ghost View Post
    How is this even possible? How could he be even stupider? He's a 6th round choices who's acted as if he got a guaranteed lifetime contract no matter what shape he is in. He's barely made the team multiple times (I believe he doesn't make it his first year if Batch had not gotten hurt). And now, when the Steelers take a 2nd round guy who's expected to be given the starting job; he thinks being borderline obese and out of shape is the way to go? Cut this fat dumb-a$$ right now so not a single carry or snap gets wasted during training camp.
    Lets see what shape he is in at camp. If I'm Tomlin I evaluate him Day 1 and if he isn't exactly where they want him say goodbye like we did with Jamain Stephens. Send a message. That or put him on Unable to Perform list like they did Hampton a couple of years ago and embarass the crap out of him.
    "My team, may they always be right, but right or wrong...MY TEAM!"

Legend

User Info Menu

What if Fatty's still our most talented RB?

Backup

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by flippy View Post
    What if Fatty's still our most talented RB?
    Bell definitely has a higher pedigree than Fatso.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Ghost View Post
    It is the same reason that we have visionaries like Bill Gates, etc. It is hard for regular folks like us to understand how a Bill Gates can do what he did... and in the same way, how a guy who has so much ability and a career that could set himself up for life, would blow it all off like a community college course.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Dwyer probably ate his Tender.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by DukieBoy View Post
    Dwyer probably ate his Tender.
    The actual paper? or he spent the whole $1.3M at McDonalds? My guess is the latter based on his size. Although I heard he holds up traffic in the drive thru when he has to stop driving and take a breather.