Page 5 of 10 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread: two things I saw last night...

Legend

User Info Menu

He isn't Dirt II, but he is also not Mahan II.

Legend

User Info Menu

That's right. Let's get rid of everyone on offense that solidifies where he was drafted or outperforms his rookie contract (Wallace) and keep everyone on defense that was a high pick and doesn't start for 2-3 years unless the guy in front of him gets Injured

then we can keep complaints ing about how much the offense sucks on these boards.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Lemming View Post
    Flippy, you are describing his "skills" which I agree with. He has talent.
    Did he PLAY like a probowler the last two seasons?

For example he IS quick off the ball. But He is not creating a lane with that quickness what does it matter.
    You mention his "getting to the second level". We SAW THAT in his rookie season alot, which built his rep. He has this ability that others do not have.
    How much did you see that LAST SEASON?

In the few games we ran well, I saw Colon creating HUGE lanes. Pouncey was OK but nothing special. When Colon got hurt our interior run game was DONE.

I do agree that our Division is tough for centers, but if you are "the best" elite opposition will not "own" you all the time.

I am sorry but you cannot have a horrid interior run game and "deserve" post season awards as a stinkin center.
    Seems to me the point where Pouncey took a bit of a step back was when he injured his ankle. I've wondered if there's been something lingering as a result. I'm not sure you can compare Colon's blocks when he's pulling to Pouncey at C. A lot of times when we ran right and Colon was pulling, he'd be meeting a much smaller LB in the hole which he should destroy with his size advantage.

At C, Pouncey's job is to get enough leverage on one of the DTs to nudge him out of making a play and he's quick enough to get the edge on these guys. But he also has to work in conjunction with the guards to move some of these big boys. I thought he got to the point where he was working well with Foster when we ran right last year. I don' t think he was in sync with Colon on the other side. And on the Oline, you need your linemates to work with you or you all look bad.

He should get better this year with DD and Foster. But getting these guys up front in sync can take some time.

Legend

User Info Menu

I thought Mike Adams was a protypical LT? This should surprise no one. It is merely an extension of his entire football career. I see flashes just like I did in college. What infuriates me is the fact that this guy could be dominant.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by NJ-STEELER View Post
    That's right. Let's get rid of everyone on offense that solidifies where he was drafted or outperforms his rookie contract (Wallace) and keep everyone on defense that was a high pick and doesn't start for 2-3 years unless the guy in front of him gets Injured

then we can keep complaints ing about how much the offense sucks on these boards.
    Like the sound of your tune!!!!!

Keep investing in defense and then complain about the offense.
    "My team, may they always be right, but right or wrong...MY TEAM!"

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Lemming View Post
    Flippy, you are describing his "skills" which I agree with. He has talent.
    Did he PLAY like a probowler the last two seasons?

For example he IS quick off the ball. But He is not creating a lane with that quickness what does it matter.
    You mention his "getting to the second level". We SAW THAT in his rookie season alot, which built his rep. He has this ability that others do not have.
    How much did you see that LAST SEASON?

In the few games we ran well, I saw Colon creating HUGE lanes. Pouncey was OK but nothing special. When Colon got hurt our interior run game was DONE.

I do agree that our Division is tough for centers, but if you are "the best" elite opposition will not "own" you all the time.

I am sorry but you cannot have a horrid interior run game and "deserve" post season awards as a stinkin center.
    Even with his ankle injury last year, i think he played better than anyone else in the AFC with the exception of MAYBE Mack in Cleveland. Remember he had no inside help last year. I wouldn't say ANYONE on our offense created HUGE ANYTHING except penalties. Could Pouncey have been better last year? Absolutely. Getting owned by Ngata twice a year whhen your guards are terrible, your starting qb is hurt and the entire defense knows you can't throw the ball? Not surprising actually.

Legend

User Info Menu

Pouncey is a terrific C who isn't playing well right now. Talk about reactive.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Oviedo View Post
    Like the sound of your tune!!!!!

Keep investing in defense and then complain about the offense.
    Hey I loved Wallace but there was no way we could keep him. We couldn't match Miami. I think we should have tried harder to get an extension, but really, I never saw that happening. He got his money.
    Who else on Offense did you want to keep around? Colon? Mendy? Pope? Starks?
    I'd make an argument for Starks, but really who have we let go that has killed us on offense?
    you guys like to complain just to complain. 2 years ago we were the least scored on defense in the league and you complain. Last year we struggled.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by NorthCoast View Post
    He isn't Dirt II, but he is also not Mahan II.
    When did Dirt become Dirt?

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by birtikidis View Post
    Hey I loved Wallace but there was no way we could keep him. We couldn't match Miami. I think we should have tried harder to get an extension, but really, I never saw that happening. He got his money.
    Who else on Offense did you want to keep around? Colon? Mendy? Pope? Starks?
    I'd make an argument for Starks, but really who have we let go that has killed us on offense?
    you guys like to complain just to complain. 2 years ago we were the least scored on defense in the league and you complain. Last year we struggled.
    Well he was offered 50M for 5 years (although we do t know the breakdown)

What about keep negotiating instead of making an offer to another WR who was 2 years away from UFA