Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Thread: Bordering on attitude problem...

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by SanAntonioSteelerFan View Post
    I didn't remember it was his rookie season, but I do remember that, and I think I also remember he had an almost monster game the week after that and we all said, "He learned his lesson".

I don't much care how he looks on the sideline, it's not drama class. Troy or Batch rarely look hyped up on the sideline either. If he can produce, great, if not, well there's ways for dealing with that as well.

Crazy thing is, I can't quite decide how I feel about RM's skills. It seemed like he always got the short end of the "Our O-line comes from the Swiss cheese factory" situation we have had for, well, forever. Then I thought he was running with much more of a purpose this year after his injury. Sometimes he runs so well. If anything I'm leaning towards the opinion that he's got speed, but not such great RB "vision".

I wonder if he'll play this week? And if he does, will he have two hands on the ball at all times? Or if 1-hand for a few moments, will it be at least the "4-point" grasp of the football?
    it was his second year.... I also thought the OL was to blame but Redman and Dwyer showed us that it wasn't the OL... RM just wasn't taking what was in front of him. Maybe he is looking for big gains instead of running disciplined but something is missing.

The fumbles are another treat... he had a history of fumbling, then it went away and now it's returned. Maybe they are giving us slicker footballs... not sure how you can fumble that easily right after fumbling unless you think too highly of your handling skills.

Holmes fumbles on a few punts in back to back games as well.. not saying they have the same mental make up but RM does show a little of a "I'm smarter than you guys" on twitter and maybe he isn't letting the coaches words sink in like they should.

I'm over RM but I would like to see him succeed while in our uni... the injury before a contract year has to be heavy on the brain.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by lloydroid View Post
    And you can kiss my @ss. How's that?
    now that's attitude

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Eich View Post
    Agreed. I thought the coaches were trying to console him. He looked like he was being extremely hard on himself for the self-induced fumble.
    OK, let's say that's the case. It was still a childish move. Do you think Jerry Rice would ever throw a fit because he made a mistake or hurt his shoulder? That's not a pro move. He acted like a baby. Don't throw antics on the sidelines. Line up and man up and make a play instead. No one wants to see a player throw a fit like that it. It doesn't help them win; it just serves as a negative distraction. Don't act like a child.

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by feltdizz View Post
    I'm over RM but I would like to see him succeed while in our uni... the injury before a contract year has to be heavy on the brain.
    In all honesty, his stock was going down even without the injury. As I predicted Dwyer has proven that he is the better back - a 6th round draft pick has proven better than a first round pick, #2 back taken over all? The JD I saw last week was the one I envisioned all along. And it finally happened. If he can retain that effort then we really got something. One analyst mentioned that defenses having to contend with that big back pounding on them will get tired, making it easier for Ben and the receivers to take advantage of the worn down defenders. Mendenhall never really wore anyone down. JD will. And then, for good measure we give them a taste of Redman for a few carries, further wearing a D down. I think after an afternoon of JD, and then we send out IR, the defense has to be thinking, "And now we have to deal with this dude who just fights us for every yard?" I like the way this is rounding out for the final stretch.

Legend

User Info Menu

#2 back taken overall???

Mendenhall was the 4th RB taken in that draft, behind Darren McFadden, Jonathan Stewart, and Felix Jones.
    Steeler teams featuring stat-driven, me-first, fantasy-football-darling diva types such as Antonio Brown & Le'Veon Bell won no championships.

Super Bowl winning Steeler teams were built around a dynamic, in-your-face defense plus blue-collar, hard-hitting, no-nonsense football players on offense such as Hines Ward & Jerome Bettis.

We don't want Juju & Conner to replace what we lost in Brown & Bell.

We are counting on Juju & Conner to return us to the glory we once had with Hines & The Bus.

Legend

User Info Menu

OK, let's say that's the case. It was still a childish move. Do you think Jerry Rice would ever throw a fit because he made a mistake or hurt his shoulder? That's not a pro move. He acted like a baby. Don't throw antics on the sidelines. Line up and man up and make a play instead. No one wants to see a player throw a fit like that it. It doesn't help them win; it just serves as a negative distraction. Don't act like a child.
    newsflash homie, we won...

who was distracted by Sanders besides you?

and who knows how Jerry Rice acted on the sideline in his 3rd season after he dropped a pass.

Legend

User Info Menu

In all honesty, his stock was going down even without the injury. As I predicted Dwyer has proven that he is the better back - a 6th round draft pick has proven better than a first round pick, #2 back taken over all? The JD I saw last week was the one I envisioned all along. And it finally happened. If he can retain that effort then we really got something. One analyst mentioned that defenses having to contend with that big back pounding on them will get tired, making it easier for Ben and the receivers to take advantage of the worn down defenders. Mendenhall never really wore anyone down. JD will. And then, for good measure we give them a taste of Redman for a few carries, further wearing a D down. I think after an afternoon of JD, and then we send out IR, the defense has to be thinking, "And now we have to deal with this dude who just fights us for every yard?" I like the way this is rounding out for the final stretch.
    I know you are a big JD fan but everyone knows you can't crown him anything until he does it consistently...

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

I guess I'm just not seeing the importance of any of these "episodes." Some players are more passionate about different aspects of their game than others. I guess all of this psychoanalysis seems like fishing for drama to me.

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by RuthlessBurgher View Post
    #2 back taken overall???

Mendenhall was the 4th RB taken in that draft, behind Darren McFadden, Jonathan Stewart, and Felix Jones.
    OK, so be it. But the point remains. He was taken mucho high for what he has become. And Chris Johnson went AFTER RM.

Legend

User Info Menu

OK, so be it. But the point remains. He was taken mucho high for what he has become. And Chris Johnson went AFTER RM.
    so did Ray Rice and Matt Forte...
    Steel Maniac's Time-Based Prediction: Lamar Jackson will be a bust and total flop in the NFL.

What Actually Happened: Lamar Jackson became the youngest two-time NFL MVP winner ever.

Gloat gloat gloat

Boom........

Hahahahahahaha