Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Turnovers and 3rd Down Efficiency

Legend

User Info Menu

Turnovers and 3rd Down Efficiency

I think these 2 stats are the difference between us being a good vs bad team.

So far thru 10 games we have 18 turnovers and 10 takeaways.

We're converting 38.6% of 3rd downs vs giving up 38.1% to our opponents.

We ranked relatively poorly in all of these categories. And that's what I think is shooting ourselves in the foot.

What is causing this? Ben's been pretty erratic and his protection has been poor. On defense, we can't seem to pressure the QB quite enough. I think if we could somehow get things together with protection and pressure, things could start falling into place and this team could become good.

The OLine has had plenty of time to gel at this point. McClendon, Worilds, Williams, JJ, Heyward have had enough snaps they should be figuring things out on their side too.

Nothing to it but to do it. Let's go cream some Brownies and go get this started!!!!!!!!!

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Oh, its on today flip. Pittsburgh's comin to town !!!

Rookie

User Info Menu

What happened today in regards to all of these things?

Legend

User Info Menu

Doesn't matter, you were absent today while we were starting our run to the Super Bowl Flip...I'm mad at you.
    ​2019 MNFE CHAMPION

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Jooser View Post
    Doesn't matter, you were absent today while we were starting our run to the Super Bowl Flip...I'm mad at you.
    Im mad at myself. I had to take a friend to the ER and missed the game. I just got to listen and follow the play by play on my phone. Gotta say, twitter and the ESPN app aren't as good as chatting with yinz!!! I got to watch the KC-SD game which was pretty entertaining. Dumb hospital not having the Sunday Ticket - wtf?

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Slapstick View Post
    What happened today in regards to all of these things?
    Didnt see it, but we were off on the 3rd down conversions on both sides of the ball. But we killed em on the turnovers. Even though we won, it seems like there's still a lot of work to do. Great that we kept Ben clean. Seemed like we gave up a lot of big plays - anyone know why?

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by flippy View Post
    Im mad at myself. I had to take a friend to the ER and missed the game. I just got to listen and follow the play by play on my phone. Gotta say, twitter and the ESPN app aren't as good as chatting with yinz!!! I got to watch the KC-SD game which was pretty entertaining. Dumb hospital not having the Sunday Ticket - wtf?
    Time like this is what Ambulance's are for . Hope your friend is OK

Molon labe

People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf. George Orwell

?We're not going to apologize for winning.?
    Mike Tomlin

American metal pimped by asiansteel
    Only two defining forces have ever offered to die for you 1. Jesus Christ, 2.The American G.I., One died for your soul, the other for your freedom.

Backup

User Info Menu

Didnt see it, but we were off on the 3rd down conversions on both sides of the ball. But we killed em on the turnovers. Even though we won, it seems like there's still a lot of work to do. Great that we kept Ben clean. Seemed like we gave up a lot of big plays - anyone know why?
    Hey Flip ... gonna say we gave up a lot of big plays to Gordon ... Big/fast/sure handed receiver .... it happens ... just hope it doesn't become too much of a habit to overcome

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by fordfixer View Post
    Time like this is what Ambulance's are for . Hope your friend is OK
    Everything's ok. I tried to ask if she could wait until 4 or so after the game, but then she passed out and slammed her head off the hardwood floors. I felt like a jackarse because I didn't know how bad it was, but we ended up laughing about it on the way home. I think hospital drugs make everything funny

Backup

User Info Menu

Everything's ok. I tried to ask if she could wait until 4 or so after the game, but then she passed out and slammed her head off the hardwood floors. I felt like a jackarse because I didn't know how bad it was, but we ended up laughing about it on the way home. I think hospital drugs make everything funny
    Somehow, that last statement and that sig pic ... well, they go together