Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: You guys who think Collingswoth is a hater?

Legend

User Info Menu

50 Shades of Collinsworth Haterism...
    ​2019 MNFE CHAMPION

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Slapstick View Post
    Ziggy Hood may be the strongest man in the NFL...

That doesn't mean he's a great football player...
    "may be"

I think it was 24-0 when he said this... lol.

Backup

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Slapstick View Post
    Ziggy Hood may be the strongest man in the NFL...

That doesn't mean he's a great football player...
    Absolutely... Kind of like speed doesn't by itself make a great receiver or corner - looking at you, Derrius Heyward - Bey at #7 overall...

Legend

User Info Menu

I have no problem with Collinsworth. He does come out and say negative and positive on the Steelers and other teams. I don't think that his viewpoint is tainted by bias the way some guys are. The one thing that he is - and I think all primetime analysts are - guilty of is hyperbole. This week's guys are the best, the guys I'd want, the strongest, the fastest etc. Next week it will be the same for two other groups of guys. That's what primetime is...the WWE of the football world.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by steeler_fan_in_t.o. View Post
    I have no problem with Collinsworth. He does come out and say negative and positive on the Steelers and other teams. I don't think that his viewpoint is tainted by bias the way some guys are. The one thing that he is - and I think all primetime analysts are - guilty of is hyperbole. This week's guys are the best, the guys I'd want, the strongest, the fastest etc. Next week it will be the same for two other groups of guys. That's what primetime is...the WWE of the football world.
    This^^^

I can't stand when people whine because an analyst is slobbering over players in prime time.. it's their job.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by B&GinNC View Post
    One thing I'll give Collinsworth - he's light years better than Madden. Madden as much as admitted in interviews that he hated going to Pittsburgh. Dude never got over the Immaculate Reception, and it showed in how he called a game. Plus, by the end of his career I think he was on a strict allotment of two cogent thoughts per ballgame. He'd grab onto those nuggets of decent analysis and hammer away at them every 15 seconds for 3 hours.

I'll take Collinsworth over Phil Simms, too. Simms mancrushes on Brady like Madden used to mancrush on Favre.
    I liked Madden and even read a couple of his books but you are right on the money about him broadcasting Steelers games. He was a straight up dick-head whenever he called a Pittsburgh game. Bordered on unprofessional for someone who seemed to take pride in his profession. He couldn't let it go and it came out.

Give me Collinsworth over that annoying know-nothing Boomer any day of the week. Boomer is nothing but a buffoon. I almost have to turn the channel when he starts talking.

Backup

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by MCHammer View Post
    Collinsworth at times almost seems to be rooting for the Steelers and has been making excuses for the team's performance this year, saying we've been playing pretty well since the 0-4 start, etc.
    They haven't been playing pretty well since the 0-4 start? They're 6-4 in their last 10 games. That's playing pretty well to me.
    http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v437/DBR96/PGH061Asmall.jpg
    Pittsburgh, PA: City of Champions.

Backup

User Info Menu

C-O-L-L-I-N-S-W-O-R-T-H

I-R-V-I-N

T-A-R-K-E-N-T-O-N

Time to lose the intrusive 'G.'
    http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v437/DBR96/PGH061Asmall.jpg
    Pittsburgh, PA: City of Champions.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by fezziwig View Post
    In his earlier day Collinsworth would knock the Steelers and had no troubles doing it and not backing down of doing it. I thought it was pretty unprofesional of him since he decided being an objective announcer was his career. Last night I would have thought he was an ex-steeler and he sugar coated the Steelers troubles very much. If I was a Bengals fan I would have been ticked.
    I do remember that but we are talking YEARS ago long before his current gig.
    I just find it funny that people still think that.
    Earlier THIS SEASON some implied it here.

Dude foer YEARS NOW goes out of his way to luv on the Steelers like he is making up for his former self.

In view of the fact that Mike Tomlin has matched Cowhers record I give him the designation:

TCFCLTC-
    The Coach Formerly Considered Less Than Cowher

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by flippy View Post
    I heard him call Ziggy Hood the strongest man in the NFL. It made me laugh.

Maybe CC interviewed Ziggy and came to the conclusion that Ziggy was "the strongest man in the NFL"
    Might be a reference to his breath?

In view of the fact that Mike Tomlin has matched Cowhers record I give him the designation:

TCFCLTC-
    The Coach Formerly Considered Less Than Cowher