Thread: The season is officially over.

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Legend

User Info Menu

It was so disheartening to watch this team look unprepared for what should have been a winnable game. This loss falls on the players as well as all the coaches who did nothing to get them ready for this game. I'm sick of the bull sh*t of playing down to teams. The Steelers are a better team than the Raiders and flat out didn't give a sh*t today. And Tomlin owns a big chunk of responsibility in that fact.
    Last edited by Ghost; 10-27-2013 at 10:43 PM.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Ghost View Post
    It was so disheartening to watch this team look unprepared for what should have been a winnable game. This loss falls on the players as well as all the coaches who did nothing to get them ready for this game. I'm sick of the bull sh*t of playing down to teams. The Steelers are a better team than the Raiders and flat out didn't give a sh*t today. And Tomlin owns a big chunk of responsibility in that fact.
    Agree completely.

Administrator

User Info Menu

Agreed. We lost to the Titans and Oakland in back-to-back years. Minnesota is a joke and their only win is against us. This team is in big trouble long term if changes aren't made soon.
    Tomlin: Let's unleash hell and "mop the floor" with the competition.

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Cowher's teams made a habit of playing down to the competition too...
    It is not the critic who counts; not the man who points out how the strong man stumbles, or where the doer of deeds could have done them better. The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena, whose face is marred by dust & sweat & blood...

Backup

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Steel Life View Post
    Cowher's teams made a habit of playing down to the competition too...
    Cowher had the proper pedigree ... he was "from" the Burgh .. he was whi ... nevermind not gonna go there

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by SteelBuckeye View Post
    Cowher had the proper pedigree ... he was "from" the Burgh .. he was whi ... nevermind not gonna go there

tomlin had the right pedigree to get his job too

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by SteelBuckeye View Post
    Do you really think that if Cowher was in the place of Tomlin right now that nobody would be calling for him to be fired? I recall greater fan scrutiny on him than we have seen for Tomlin so far.

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by steeler_fan_in_t.o. View Post
    Do you really think that if Cowher was in the place of Tomlin right now that nobody would be calling for him to be fired? I recall greater fan scrutiny on him than we have seen for Tomlin so far.
    The younguns have not been exposed to the frustration in these parts over Cowher's slobbering bone-headed "impose our will" RTFM again and again when it wasn't working. There was baying for his head.

We don't care about the color of our coaches. We care that they win, and we care that they appear to care to want to win.
    We've seen bad Noll years and there was baying for his blood.
    We've seen bad Cowher years, his last one being one of those. Many (including myself) were somewhat relieved when he moved on, once he appeared to have lost his Mojo.
    We've seen more bad Tomlin years than I'd care to repeat. I'm not yelling for him to move on -- I'd like to see the Steelers retain their reputation as a stable place for coaches, but the current track of not learning from experience, not being able to motivate the players, and being perpetually underprepared will have to change.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

BTW...Did anyone else see Haley sneak a dip on TV? I'm pretty sure the NFL doesn't promote Tabacco products or allow players & coaches to use on the sideline. I'm sure Rooney or Tomlin will have a problem as well. Can't be 100% sure but it looked like a pouch to me. Am I going to hear "Are you kidding me?" Yes...Absolutely! Offensive struggles all season & down 21-3 and you put in a pinch while the he Steelers O is on the field? Petty? Call it that if you want...But coaches should be held to the same standard.

Legend

User Info Menu

when was the last time we didnt have a let down in nthe reg season after beating baltimore or even just playing them?