Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Thread: South Carolina's Marcus Lattimore applauded by scouts at pro day

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by JUST-PLAIN-NASTY View Post
    So many are ok with waiting on Lattimore...So here is your question. Knowing the Steelers situation...Do you really think the Steelers will use 2 out of their first 4 picks on RB??? So the 4th rounder on Lattimore isn't the solution for 2013...Where is that solution if they don't sign a Bradshaw?

Lattimore is a "Luxury" pick for a team that can wait. He may be a high risk / high reward player. Steelers...At this time...Don't have any "luxuries" heading into this draft.

If the Steelers want to sign Bradshaw and take Lattimore from the 5th on back...I'm ok with that. The percentage of draft choices that make an NFL team in rounds 5-7 makes "the reward" worth the risk. Anywhere inside the top 4 rounds is way to risky. Can't use hindsight on this one with his injuries. If this story has a happy ending, the word "Lucky" will be used when referring to where he was drafted...Not the word "Brilliant."
    Who is advocating taking 2 running backs out of our first 4 picks?
    As many on this site think ... The Rooney's suck, Colbert sucks, Tomlin sucks, the coaches suck, and the players suck.

but Go Steelers!!!

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by ikestops85 View Post
    Nasty must be an Eifert supporter... seems none of them have any reason skills this year...
    2013 MNF Executive Champion!

DeVille's Late-March Mock (In Progress)
    1.20 - Jackson Powers-Johnson, C, Oregon
    2.51 - "WR/DL/CB" (tbd)
    3.84 -
    "WR/DL/CB" (tbd)
    3.98 - "WR/DL/CB" (tbd)
    4.117 - Jordan Travis, QB, FSU
    6.178 -Travis Glover, OT, Ga State
    6.195 - Isaac Guerendo, RB, Louisville

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by SteelerOfDeVille View Post
    Nasty must be an Eifert supporter... seems none of them have any reason skills this year...
    Lacking reason skills are the ones taking Jones at #17 and Lattimore in the 4th.

Do you see Eifert below? I wouldn't take Jones or Eifert at #17 but I would take Eifert Before Jones.
    Last edited by JUST-PLAIN-NASTY; 04-02-2013 at 09:11 PM.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by ikestops85 View Post
    If they don't sign Bradshaw drafting Latimore in the 4th isn't the solution to RB for 2013. Where is that hole plugged?

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Lacking reason skills are the ones taking Jones at #17 and Lattimore in the 4th.

Do you see Eifert below? I wouldn't take Jones or Eifert at #17 but I would take Eifert Before Jones.
    I agree with this. I thought I was the only one who wouldn't like the Jones pick.

Back to Lattimore, what's the difference in his injury to Willis McGahee? McGahee was drafted in the first, so why is Lattimore projected by many to fall to the 4th? Is it because he's had two knee injuries? Just curious.

I would have to think Colbert's mindset going into this draft, more than other drafts, would be to avoid any risks in the first four rounds. If Lattimore fell to the fifth, yea why not. I really think Bradshaw is the hinge point on whether they pull the trigger on Lattimore in the fourth round. If Bradshaw is signed, I think KC feels a lot safer knowing he can gamble on this guy. Personally, I would not draft him. Why take the risk when you a lot more holes in a competitive division.
    1. C.J. Mosley LB Alabama
    2. Jordan Matthews WR Vanderbilt
    3. (comp) Philip Gaines CB Rice
    4. Arthur Lynch TE Georgia
    5. Ross Cockrell CB Duke
    5. (comp) Derrick Hopkins DT Virginia Tech
    6. Josh Mauro DE Stanford
    6. (comp) Shaquil Barrett OLB Colorado State
    7. Quincy Enunwa WR Nebraska

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by thor75 View Post
    I agree with this. I thought I was the only one who wouldn't like the Jones pick. Back to Lattimore, what's the difference in his injury to Willis McGahee? McGahee was drafted in the first, so why is Lattimore projected by many to fall to the 4th? Is it because he's had two knee injuries? Just curious. I would have to think Colbert's mindset going into this draft, more than other drafts, would be to avoid any risks in the first four rounds. If Lattimore fell to the fifth, yea why not. I really think Bradshaw is the hinge point on whether they pull the trigger on Lattimore in the fourth round. If Bradshaw is signed, I think KC feels a lot safer knowing he can gamble on this guy. Personally, I would not draft him. Why take the risk when you a lot more holes in a competitive division.
    Injury wise it is about the closest comparison you could get. Lattimore was a little more severe in the sense that he compeletly dislocated his knee along with the dreaded ACL, PCL, and MCL tears. The concern on Lattimore is he is small framed & build in his trunk. When you put 230 pounds on that and grind on broken knees the longevity at the next level is in doubt. Lattimore could have tested and ran 4.4's & jumped 40" but the the answers to all the question will not come until he puts the pads on and takes on contact. No drill can duplicate the durress put on joints when on the move and weight distribution changes by force and change of motion. Will that knee be tight after all that stretching & displacement of the joint. It will be a miracle for him to return to form and we can all wish him well and pray for him. The prayers will have to continue though because you would believe the risk of recurrence of knee injuries would be higher given his skill positI
    on & body type.

McGahee looked to be a better NFL prospect. He didn't put up several years of stats like Lattimore but his '02 year was monsterous over 1,7oo yards & 28 TDS on an undefeated team until the bowl game. He was arguably a Top 5 pick. Still the first RB taken even over Larry Johnson @ #27. McGahee was an Adrian Peterson type... Speed, Power, & wiggle. The question is did the injury really set him back? He has had a productive NFL career but he wasn'tthe impact player he was projected to be. IMO the injury really impacted his NFL production.

Administrator

User Info Menu

Injury wise it is about the closest comparison you could get. Lattimore was a little more severe in the sense that he compeletly dislocated his knee along with the dreaded ACL, PCL, and MCL tears. The concern on Lattimore is he is small framed & build in his trunk. When you put 230 pounds on that and grind on broken knees the longevity at the next level is in doubt. Lattimore could have tested and ran 4.4's & jumped 40" but the the answers to all the question will not come until he puts the pads on and takes on contact. No drill can duplicate the durress put on joints when on the move and weight distribution changes by force and change of motion. Will that knee be tight after all that stretching & displacement of the joint. It will be a miracle for him to return to form and we can all wish him well and pray for him. The prayers will have to continue though because you would believe the risk of recurrence of knee injuries would be higher given his skill positI
    on & body type.

McGahee looked to be a better NFL prospect. He didn't put up several years of stats like Lattimore but his '02 year was monsterous over 1,7oo yards & 28 TDS on an undefeated team until the bowl game. He was arguably a Top 5 pick. Still the first RB taken even over Larry Johnson @ #27. McGahee was an Adrian Peterson type... Speed, Power, & wiggle. The question is did the injury really set him back? He has had a productive NFL career but he wasn'tthe impact player he was projected to be. IMO the injury really impacted his NFL production.
    That is nothing but pure speculation on just about all accounts... everyhing from the Lattimore frame to McGahee and AP comparison.
    Tomlin: Let's unleash hell and "mop the floor" with the competition.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by steelz09 View Post
    That is nothing but pure speculation on just about all accounts... everyhing from the Lattimore frame to McGahee and AP comparison.
    Speculation because you don't agree with it? If I was a blind man I could say it may be pure soeculation. Look at Lattimores hips and thighs. Look at his calfs. Watch his rehab workouts. He is lean from the waist down and 230 pounds. Speculation? Maybe Educated guess. Just as one could say His body can't absorb his running style and that could contribute to his injuries.

Magahees's '02 tape ranks up there with some of the best. The comparison to AP's impact on the game is pretty accurate before his injury. He was a game changer in college and IMO was never the same player after his injury.
    Last edited by JUST-PLAIN-NASTY; 04-03-2013 at 09:07 PM.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Lattimore seems more Marcus Dupree than Willis McGahee/Frank Gore. He seems like a charity case to a certain extent.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Shoe View Post
    Lattimore seems more Marcus Dupree than Willis McGahee/Frank Gore. He seems like a charity case to a certain extent.
    I would agree with that. IMO Lattimore's best playing days are in college. There are alot of other mid-round RBs who you don't have to take a "risk" on so need to look at Lattimore.
    "My team, may they always be right, but right or wrong...MY TEAM!"