Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567 LastLast

Thread: Steelers release Colon...

Administrator

User Info Menu

The writing was on the wall for Harrison. He was a monster on special teams and he was a monster every time he replaced an injured Haggans. I thought Harrison should have been playing in place of Haggans. With that being said, Porter had a helluva 2005 so it's kinda hard to replace him in 2006 which still wasn't a bad year.
    Tomlin: Let's unleash hell and "mop the floor" with the competition.

Legend

User Info Menu

and haggans was average at best on the other side. we even saw james play in his spot and do well when he was hurt, so im not buying that excuse. why wasnt he starting in place of clark

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by steelz09 View Post
    Farrior - (Cowher) > Timmons (Tomlin)
    Foote - (Cowher) > ??? - (Tomlin)
    Smith - (Cowher) > Hood - (Tomlin)
    Harrison (Cowher) > Worilds (Tomlin)
    Haggans (Cowher) < Woodley (Tomlin)
    Ike (Cowher) > Lewis (Tomlin)
    Polamalu (Cowher) > ??? (Tomlin)
    Ryan Clark (Cowher) > ???? (Tomlin)
    Keisel (Cowher) > Heyward (Tomlin)
    Hampton (Cowher) > McClendon (Tomlin)

Keep living the lie.
    Let's revist the 8-8 roster Tomlin inherited
    starters: Cedrick Wilson, Willie Parker, Kendall Simmons, Jeff Hartings, Haggans, Deshea Townsend
    Ike = Ike, Ben = Ben, etc.

Wallace and Brown BOTH > Cedrick
    Mendenhall > Willie
    Pouncey > Hartings
    Lewis > Deshea
    Woodley > Haggans
    DeCastro vs Simmons TBD

I, for one, am glad he's keeping the stars... why would you replace Polamalu or clark or Ike? Glad you're not running this team...
    2013 MNF Executive Champion!

DeVille's Late-March Mock (In Progress)
    1.20 - Jackson Powers-Johnson, C, Oregon
    2.51 - "WR/DL/CB" (tbd)
    3.84 -
    "WR/DL/CB" (tbd)
    3.98 - "WR/DL/CB" (tbd)
    4.117 - Jordan Travis, QB, FSU
    6.178 -Travis Glover, OT, Ga State
    6.195 - Isaac Guerendo, RB, Louisville

Administrator

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by SteelerOfDeVille View Post
    Let's revist the 8-8 roster Tomlin inherited
    starters: Cedrick Wilson, Willie Parker, Kendall Simmons, Jeff Hartings, Haggans, Deshea Townsend
    Ike = Ike, Ben = Ben, etc.

Wallace and Brown BOTH > Cedrick
    Mendenhall > Willie
    Pouncey > Hartings
    Lewis > Deshea
    Woodley > Haggans
    DeCastro vs Simmons TBD

I, for one, am glad he's keeping the stars... why would you replace Polamalu or clark or Ike? Glad you're not running this team...
    Lewis should be compared to Ike, not DeShea. In fact, he probably loses the Deshea argument as well. Nice going, you just proved my point because Townsend was more proven. Lewis might prove to be better in the long run though.

Cedric Wilson? What are you talking about? Tomlin inherited Hines and Holmes. Holmes was drafted in 2006 and Tomlin was hired in January 2007.

Pouncey vs Hartings is debatable... time will tell. Mendenhall was no better than Parker and Mendenhall was a 1st round pick compared to UDFA, Parker.

Face the facts and come back to reality.
    Tomlin: Let's unleash hell and "mop the floor" with the competition.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by steelz09 View Post
    Lewis should be compared to Ike, not DeShea. In fact, he probably loses the Deshea argument as well. Nice going, you just proved my point because Townsend was more proven. Lewis might prove to be better in the long run though.

Cedric Wilson? What are you talking about? Tomlin inherited Hines and Holmes. Holmes was drafted in 2006 and Tomlin was hired in January 2007.

Pouncey vs Hartings is debatable... time will tell. Mendenhall was no better than Parker and Mendenhall was a 1st round pick compared to UDFA, Parker.

Face the facts and come back to reality.
    Ike's still there, why would you compare him to someone else? It's like trying to compare Ben to Dennis Dixon. If that's the logic you use, I'm wasting my breath..

BTW, Cedrick started on Cowher's last team, santonio played as the #3 for most of the year, as a rook. When Tomlin took over, 'Tonio became the starter...

I'd face the facts if you present them.
    2013 MNF Executive Champion!

DeVille's Late-March Mock (In Progress)
    1.20 - Jackson Powers-Johnson, C, Oregon
    2.51 - "WR/DL/CB" (tbd)
    3.84 -
    "WR/DL/CB" (tbd)
    3.98 - "WR/DL/CB" (tbd)
    4.117 - Jordan Travis, QB, FSU
    6.178 -Travis Glover, OT, Ga State
    6.195 - Isaac Guerendo, RB, Louisville

Backup

User Info Menu

1993: Figures
    1994: Johnson
    1996: Jamain stephens
    1997: Chad scott
    1999: Edwards

that's 5 of 8 number one picks to start bill cowher's career that were duds.

2nd round flops include will blackwell 1997, jeremy staat in 1998, and scott shields in 1999. So that's 3 of cowher's first 8 second rounders who sucked. Thenr you can add later #2's like alonzo jackson (2003) and ricardo colclough (2004).

3rd round: Hastings, stai, conley, witman, wiggins, vrabel, chris conrad, kris farris, amos zereoue, kendrick clancey, hank poteat.

That's 11 players in the 3rd round in 10 years of bill cowher football who hardly did anything for this team.

You need to pay attention. And stop re-writing history.
    ::crickets:::

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Why does Cowher and Tomlin take all the heat or praise for players? I thought head coaches worked with the rest of the FO to pick/add players. General mangers like Donahoe and Colbert have how much say Vs the head coach? Some of these players are I feel Colbert players Vs Colbert players. I understand the Coach has input. But how much I question. Also the cap does come into effect with all these players from differnt years some how.

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by SteelerOfDeVille View Post
    Ike's still there, why would you compare him to someone else? It's like trying to compare Ben to Dennis Dixon. If that's the logic you use, I'm wasting my breath..

BTW, Cedrick started on Cowher's last team, santonio played as the #3 for most of the year, as a rook. When Tomlin took over, 'Tonio became the starter...

I'd face the facts if you present them.
    He's almost as bad as Lloyddroid. I wouldn't continue to waste your time, just as I'm not going to bother responding to his post to me. When people have their mind made up about someone or some thing and are too ignorant to admit they're making a ridiculous string of arguments it's not worth your time, my time or anyone elses time. We have some truly ridiculous people on this message board. I'm just glad for the most part they are few and far between.

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Siggy00 View Post
    1993: Figures
    1994: Johnson
    1996: Jamain Stephens
    1997: Chad Scott
    1999: Edwards

That's 5 of 8 number one picks to start Bill Cowher's career that were duds.

2nd round flops include Will Blackwell 1997, Jeremy Staat in 1998, and Scott Shields in 1999. So that's 3 of Cowher's first 8 second rounders who sucked. ThenR you can add later #2's like Alonzo Jackson (2003) and Ricardo Colclough (2004).

3rd round: Hastings, Stai, Conley, Witman, Wiggins, Vrabel, Chris Conrad, Kris Farris, Amos Zereoue, Kendrick Clancey, Hank Poteat.

That's 11 players in the 3rd round in 10 years of Bill Cowher football who hardly did anything for this team.

You need to pay attention. And stop re-writing history.
    Lol. The hammer has fallen. I'm honestly surprised anyone is even debating anything after reading this as it displays a complete and total failure on Cowhers part during the early stages of his career.

Backup

User Info Menu

I could have also listed second rounders Kendrell Bell who fizzled after a fast start, and ARE who was more gimmick than productive in 4 seasons as a Steeler before he left.