Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Can we stop the RB Debate?

Legend

User Info Menu

Can we stop the RB Debate?

Still think it's Dwyer over Redman?

I. Redman 12 / 25 yds
    J. Dwyer 12 / 28 yds.

These running backs are interchangeable and I don't see one taking it away from the other based on two games played.

Legend

User Info Menu

What's going to happen when our Marquis pony is healthy? Seems like we can win any game at all with the 3 we got now!

We got our "6-PACK" - time to work on a CASE!

HERE WE GO STEELERS, HERE WE GO!

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

The beauty about the whole thing is that even with a patchwork OL we are still getting it done. This backfield by committee is the flexibility we need to keep wearing teams down. I love that stat in the 4th... 10+ min. drive. Granted we had help with some mental mistakes by gang green but this D we faced today aint no slouch.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by grumpy gouk View Post
    the beauty about the whole thing is that even with a patchwork ol we are still getting it done. This backfield by committee is the flexibility we need to keep wearing teams down. I love that stat in the 4th... 10+ min. Drive. Granted we had help with some mental mistakes by gang green but this d we faced today aint no slouch.
    x 2 ................

Molon labe

People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf. George Orwell

?We're not going to apologize for winning.?
    Mike Tomlin

American metal pimped by asiansteel
    Only two defining forces have ever offered to die for you 1. Jesus Christ, 2.The American G.I., One died for your soul, the other for your freedom.

Legend

User Info Menu

How bad has our running game become if a 2.4 YPC is 'getting it done'??

There are signs of life, but all the RB's look decidedly uninspiring to Chadman. Mendenhall is clearly the #1 RB on the roster. Either Dwyer or Redman could serve as the short yardage guy, and Batch doesn't look anything special. Rainey is the wildcard, but more in a 3rd down role.

Along with a Safety or 2 in the next draft, a RB should be high on the list- a 1 cut, forward momentum type that can take whatever advantage is possible behind lacklustre run blocking.
    The people that are trying to make the world worse never take a day off, why should I?

Light up the darkness.

2024 Draft
    1. Kool-Aid McKinstry CB
    2. Sedrick Van Pran-Grainger OC
    3. Malachi Corley WR
    3. Maason Smith DT
    4. Matt Goncalves OT
    6. Trevin Wallace ILB
    7. AJ Barner TE

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Chadman View Post
    How bad has our running game become if a 2.4 YPC is 'getting it done'??

There are signs of life, but all the RB's look decidedly uninspiring to Chadman. Mendenhall is clearly the #1 RB on the roster. Either Dwyer or Redman could serve as the short yardage guy, and Batch doesn't look anything special. Rainey is the wildcard, but more in a 3rd down role.

Along with a Safety or 2 in the next draft, a RB should be high on the list- a 1 cut, forward momentum type that can take whatever advantage is possible behind lacklustre run blocking.
    I agree we had a poor average. Not inspiring. What i did like though, was we ran when we had to ... fourth quarter, final drive that sucked the life out of them.
    http://i177.photobucket.com/albums/w226/angryasian07/SIGNATURES/DOS2.jpg
    Crush your enemies, see them driven before you, hear the lamentations of their women.

Rookie

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Discipline of Steel View Post
    I agree we had a poor average. Not inspiring. What i did like though, was we ran when we had to ... fourth quarter, final drive that sucked the life out of them.
    Average, shmaverage...they were persistent in running the ball and wore down the Jest so that, by the 4th quarter, they were breaking tackles and eating clock to the tune of a 10+ minute drive...

Dwyer does his Earl Campbell impression by lowering his helmet and drilling a Jest DB in the chest...a few plays later, Redman shrugs off tacklers at the goal line and goes in standing up...

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

I loved what I saw at the end of the game with our backs. Both did a great job. What concerned me was the start of the game when Redman did his best Mendy impression. Run to the line of scrimmage and then stop. What the hell was that all about. I know there wasn't a hole there but his best attribute is lowering his head and getting what he could. I'm just glad he stopped doing that in the second half.
    As many on this site think ... The Rooney's suck, Colbert sucks, Tomlin sucks, the coaches suck, and the players suck.

but Go Steelers!!!

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by ikestops85 View Post
    I loved what I saw at the end of the game with our backs. Both did a great job. What concerned me was the start of the game when Redman did his best Mendy impression. Run to the line of scrimmage and then stop. What the hell was that all about. I know there wasn't a hole there but his best attribute is lowering his head and getting what he could. I'm just glad he stopped doing that in the second half.
    He did it for the same reason that Mendy get all the "hate" the interior of the OL was getting blown up and there was no hole. For all the hype Redman gets he IS NOT and never will be Bettis who could make a hole if there wasn't one.

We have a true RB by committee right now but I would love to see Dwyer get more touches and a lot more off tackle runs.

for the OL expert, wouldn't a trap work given how our interior OL gets penetrated?
    "My team, may they always be right, but right or wrong...MY TEAM!"

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

I like REDMAN, but he needs some holes. But after watching DWYER run with some power, I think Dwyer is our best option at RB
    Here We Go Steelers, Here We Go...
    Here We Go Steelers, Here We Go...
    Here We Go Steelers, Here We Go...!!!