Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: Is this Really the Guy you want to Draft?

Rookie

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by SteelerOfDeVille View Post
    you remember "Bustamalu" as a rookie? "We should have taken Mike Doss." LMFAO
    At the time, I liked Mike Doss...

But, I always try to hold off on second guessing the draft...especially in the first season...

Legend

User Info Menu

Felt, let me go a little further. The only way I see the Steelers not drafting a LT is if Teddy Bridgewater is there. IMO, he is the surest thing in this draft at QB. My only concerns with Teddy is how lanky he is, and the lack of competition he has played against. But, the guy is a strong leader, accurate, has an arm, has mobility and has a high football IQ.
    Trolls are people too.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Shawn View Post
    Felt, let me go a little further. The only way I see the Steelers not drafting a LT is if Teddy Bridgewater is there. IMO, he is the surest thing in this draft at QB. My only concerns with Teddy is how lanky he is, and the lack of competition he has played against. But, the guy is a strong leader, accurate, has an arm, has mobility and has a high football IQ.
    I like him but the schedule this year is horrible...

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

If Bridgewater is there the phone lines will be lighting up for us. That will likely not happen but if it did I would think multiple #1"s would be something we likely would not pass up.

Legend

User Info Menu

Black coach taking black QB. I can see the Planet explode!!!!!!! Another reason for the "haters" to bash Tomlin
    "My team, may they always be right, but right or wrong...MY TEAM!"

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by steelz09 View Post
    I think moving Jarvis inside is unnecessary. He'll be fine on the outside.

I live in SC so obviously the Gamecocks are on TV every week. Clowney's athleticism flashes.... there is no doubt. All I'm saying is he's overrated. At this point, I still think he's a better athlete than football player. That hit on the Michigan RB turned a very good player into a Heisman "Hopeful" over night. He had VERY high expectations but I don't think his entire career proves that he's as elite as what the media makes him out to be.
    All due respect, he did more than "flash" last season. He WAS dominant. This season? I guess he has become a self-interested d-bag. I no longer want him because you know when his contract comes due, we will have similar issues (if not before).
    Even if Bill Belichick was getting an atomic wedgie, his face would look exactly the same.

Administrator

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by steelblood View Post
    All due respect, he did more than "flash" last season. He WAS dominant. This season? I guess he has become a self-interested d-bag. I no longer want him because you know when his contract comes due, we will have similar issues (if not before).
    He was dominant some games and other games he just disappears. He wasn't consistent.
    Tomlin: Let's unleash hell and "mop the floor" with the competition.

Legend

User Info Menu

I 100% disagree. It's not too early to realize the Steelers at worst will be drafting in the top 15 which will land one of 4 guys projected to be franchise LT worthy. If you have a chance to grab a franchise LT, when you don't have one...you do. You don't wait til the second round as your franchise QB is taking a beating game in and game out. It might not be a sexy pick, but it will be the pick unless Brown appears to be the second coming of Orlando Pace.
    who's the 4th

i know about matthews, lewan and the bama kid

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by steelblood View Post
    i was going to go back and ask this

the guy was SEC defensive player of the year.

how many SEC D guys were drafted in the top 2 rounds last year?

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Iron City Inc. View Post
    If Bridgewater is there the phone lines will be lighting up for us. That will likely not happen but if it did I would think multiple #1"s would be something we likely would not pass up.
    best case scenario is cleveland offering us an RG# type package

one can dream