Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Willie Gay

Rookie

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by phillyesq View Post
    Absolutely. He got lucky on the under-thrown deep ball, but overall, he had a very good game.
    He got very lucky on that deep ball and while I admit he's playing better, his history suggests it's only a matter of time before he comes up small in a big spot.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Gay has never been as bad as a lot of people on this board portray him. He had a horrible season in 2009, along with Ike, but Gay took most of the blame. Other than that season he has continued to improve year after year. He will never be a star but more like a Deshea Townsend type of guy.
    As many on this site think ... The Rooney's suck, Colbert sucks, Tomlin sucks, the coaches suck, and the players suck.

but Go Steelers!!!

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by phillyesq View Post
    Absolutely. He got lucky on the under-thrown deep ball, but overall, he had a very good game.
    Which is ironic, because I recall Flacco getting $100M because "he throws the best deep ball in the NFL".

I don't want to be the guy who says I told you so, but the biggest loss to the Ravens wasn't Ray, wasn't Reed...it was trading away Boldin. Now Flacco can't just close his eyes and heave the ball and expect Anquan to fight to come down with it. He made Flacco, and the Ravens have now handcuffed themselves with $100M contract for an average QB.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by steeler_fan_in_t.o. View Post
    Which is ironic, because I recall Flacco getting $100M because "he throws the best deep ball in the NFL".

I don't want to be the guy who says I told you so, but the biggest loss to the Ravens wasn't Ray, wasn't Reed...it was trading away Boldin. Now Flacco can't just close his eyes and heave the ball and expect Anquan to fight to come down with it. He made Flacco, and the Ravens have now handcuffed themselves with $100M contract for an average QB.
    ...and they gave Boldin up to the HC's brother's team for a 6th. The dumbest thing Flacco did was sign for big money and then acting like Boldin should get paid too. No, you idiot.. you got Boldin's money. If Flacco truly wanted to win he would have found a way to structure his contract and keep Boldin. A few years from now we will see Flacco on the block because he isn't that type of QB.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by feltdizz View Post
    ...and they gave Boldin up to the HC's brother's team for a 6th. The dumbest thing Flacco did was sign for big money and then acting like Boldin should get paid too. No, you idiot.. you got Boldin's money. If Flacco truly wanted to win he would have found a way to structure his contract and keep Boldin. A few years from now we will see Flacco on the block because he isn't that type of QB.
    Flacco is going to become Daunte Culpepper. The only time Culpepper looked like an NFL QB was when he could drop back, sky the ball, and let superfreak Randy Moss go up and come down with it. All it took was a big arm.

Last season, Boldin did that for Flacco time and time again. He could have easily finished with twice as many ints as he had, and a fraction of the yardage, if it was not for Boldin. He was outstanding and a very underrated factor in their SB run...he was the most important offensive weapon for them.