Thread: Good beat writers for the steelers?

Rookie

User Info Menu

Good beat writers for the steelers?

Hey guys, I've been working on a site that displays steelers related tweets and organizes them based on type (i.e. players, writers, bloggers). I have plenty of players and enough bloggers, but I'm struggling with finding enough good quality writers.

Do you guys happen to know any good writers I should add? I'm looking for guys that are good at breaking news or getting creditable rumors out. Not looking so much for the guys who like to talk about non-football or their personal life.

The only good writers I've found so far are:
    @jamisonhensley
    @scottbrown_trib
    @jimwexell
    @edbouchette
    @mikebires
    @steelersdigest
    @dlolleyor

The site can be found here if you want to check it out or see how the writers I have work currently: [url]http://www.nfltweeter.com/steelers[/url]

Any others besides the ones I'm using that you guys feels are worth adding?

Thanks again!

Rookie

User Info Menu

Found a couple through asking other fans Gene Collier and Dejan Kovacevic but they focus more on the Pirates and Pens during the offseason. I'm going to throw them on the maybe side of things until season rolls around and see how much Steeler talk we get from then.

You guys don't have anyone else your following?

Legend

User Info Menu

I would have responded with Wexell and Lolley, but you have them on your list already. Personally, I don't understand the whole Twitter thing. I can tell you that among Pittsburgh writers, John Harris and Mark Madden suck.
    Steeler teams featuring stat-driven, me-first, fantasy-football-darling diva types such as Antonio Brown & Le'Veon Bell won no championships.

Super Bowl winning Steeler teams were built around a dynamic, in-your-face defense plus blue-collar, hard-hitting, no-nonsense football players on offense such as Hines Ward & Jerome Bettis.

We don't want Juju & Conner to replace what we lost in Brown & Bell.

We are counting on Juju & Conner to return us to the glory we once had with Hines & The Bus.

Legend

User Info Menu

Mark Kaboly is ok. I would agree with Ruthless on Lolley and Wexell.

@MarkKaboly_Trib

Legend

User Info Menu

Dejan is the best in the city. The rest are either old cronies from 20 years ago or just pushing their own agenda's through social media. I would have to say that Pittsburgh's local media is among the worst in the NFL. Lolley and Wexell are 2nd rate hacks who CAN'T STAND, when a national writer out-scoops them.

Rookie

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by RuthlessBurgher View Post
    I would have responded with Wexell and Lolley, but you have them on your list already. Personally, I don't understand the whole Twitter thing. I can tell you that among Pittsburgh writers, John Harris and Mark Madden suck.
    Thanks. I'll make a note of that. I have a couple list. Active users, maybe, and avoid. The way the site works is just to offer an organized way at following your team. The players give an inside look to the organization, but definitely need to be separated from other tweets due to their topic of conversation most of the time. Bloggers list is good to find the most recent blogs that are good for reading and discussion. And the writers, my favorite section, is the best to get the most breaking news or more recently leaked rumors. I'm a die hard, can't get enough and always want to find out right away

Quote Originally Posted by phillyesq View Post
    Mark Kaboly is ok. I would agree with Ruthless on Lolley and Wexell.

@MarkKaboly_Trib
    Added. He looks good. Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by Crash View Post
    Dejan is the best in the city. The rest are either old cronies from 20 years ago or just pushing their own agenda's through social media. I would have to say that Pittsburgh's local media is among the worst in the NFL. Lolley and Wexell are 2nd rate hacks who CAN'T STAND, when a national writer out-scoops them.
    Thanks, I added him in maybes for now. He is a bit off topic, which is understandable with the off season. I'll check back to him when season rolls around. He seems to have a big following.

Administrator

User Info Menu

I already have a site w/ Steelers Tweets.

It's broken out by Steelers Players, Pittsburgh Media, NFL (i.e. National) Media. You may be able to pick up a few names from there:

[URL]http://www.planetsteelers.com/pittsburgh-steelers-tweets/[/URL]
    Tomlin: Let's unleash hell and "mop the floor" with the competition.

Rookie

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by steelz09 View Post
    I already have a site w/ Steelers Tweets.

It's broken out by Steelers Players, Pittsburgh Media, NFL (i.e. National) Media. You may be able to pick up a few names from there:

[URL]http://www.planetsteelers.com/pittsburgh-steelers-tweets/[/URL]
    Appreciate it, running through your list now.