Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Ta'amu Reinstated

Legend

User Info Menu

Ta'amu Reinstated

Got to say I'm surprised they may be considering keeping him and cut ties with Wesleye Saunders. Maybe this is just a step required before releasing him or an indication how desperate we are at NT.

Steelers Reinstate Alameda Ta’amu

Posted 13 minutes ago

The Steelers reinstated nose tackle Alameda Ta’amu from the team’s Reserved/Suspended List, the team announced today.

Ta’amu was suspended for the Steelers’ last two contests (at Cincinnati and vs. Washington) and was inactive for the first five games of the season. Ta’amu was originally drafted by the Steelers in the fourth round (109th overall) of the 2012 NFL Draft.

The Steelers did not have to make any additional changes to the active roster because the team was granted a roster exemption.

"My team, may they always be right, but right or wrong...MY TEAM!"

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

its definitely an indication of desperation on that side of the ball. They need someone to pan out and having 2 picks tied up in this guy already, warranted him a second chance.

I think paulson made saunders expendable. Tomlin really likes the kid from what I can gather.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Eddie Spaghetti View Post
    its definitely an indication of desperation on that side of the ball. They need someone to pan out and having 2 picks tied up in this guy already, warranted him a second chance.

I think paulson made saunders expendable. Tomlin really likes the kid from what I can gather.
    I wonder if T'mu can be released from the County Jail on game days?????? I don't see how he avoids doing some kind of time and avoids a league suspension.

Paulson is a nice little TE, but the "little" part is what concerns me for a #2. We have no one who matches Miller's size and receiving capabilities in one package. Saunders could do that but not Paulson.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

did we really see enough of saunders to make these judgements? I'm not so sure. He had the nice TD catch, but not much more. I don't recall seeing him play and thinking "damn, this kid is a stud".

plus the rumors about him being in the tub all the time makes me wonder if he was going to be a permanent fixture in tomlins doghouse.

Legend

User Info Menu

I agree on Saunders... I wonder if he had other minor infractions.

Legend

User Info Menu

Could simply be that this is Offence #1 for Ta'amu, while Saunders was on Offence #2.

The whole Mike Adams thing has proven the Steelers will give a guy a second chance. Up to Ta'amu to prove he deserves it now.
    The people that are trying to make the world worse never take a day off, why should I?

Light up the darkness.

2024 Draft
    1. Kool-Aid McKinstry CB
    2. Sedrick Van Pran-Grainger OC
    3. Devontez Walker WR
    3. Maason Smith DT
    4. Matt Goncalves OT
    6. Trevin Wallace ILB
    7. AJ Barner TE

Legend

User Info Menu

Ed Bouchette's Steelers chat transcript: 10.30.12

TUESDAY, 30 OCTOBER 2012
    WRITTEN BY ED BOUCHETTE

kjacksonpgh: Hi Ed, Is it possible that rookie defensive tackle Alameda Ta'amu could be released from the team. I know he was recently arrested on Oct. 14 and being charged with 15 counts will not help, but everything that I had read seems to state that this was out of his character. Your Thoughts

Ed Bouchette: My thoughts are just what I wrote on my blog lately, that the Steelers will need to make a roster move by 4 p.m. Wednesday and Ta'amu is the one I believe will be made.

War18: Ed, Saw Ta'amu is back from suspension, any chance he will see some playing time?

Ed Bouchette: More a chance you'll see him on the practice squad.

[URL]http://plus.sites.post-gazette.com/index.php/pro-sports/steelers/118688-ed-bouchettes-steelers-chat-transcript-103012[/URL]
    Steel Maniac's Time-Based Prediction: Lamar Jackson will be a bust and total flop in the NFL.

What Actually Happened: Lamar Jackson became the youngest two-time NFL MVP winner ever.

Gloat gloat gloat

Boom........

My IT guy...
    Hahahahahahaha

Legend

User Info Menu

Steelers Release Damon Cromartie-Smith

The Steelers released safety Damon Cromartie-Smith, the team announced today. Pittsburgh had to make a transaction before 4 p.m. today when the roster exemption for nose tackle Alameda Ta’amu expired.

Cromartie-Smith spent the first seven weeks of the season on the Steelers practice squad before being promoted to the active roster on October 27, 2012.

[URL]http://www.steelers.com/news/article-1/Steelers-Release-Damon-Cromartie-Smith/754b90bd-bd3d-4ee1-b08c-78d7c3de2799[/URL]
    Steel Maniac's Time-Based Prediction: Lamar Jackson will be a bust and total flop in the NFL.

What Actually Happened: Lamar Jackson became the youngest two-time NFL MVP winner ever.

Gloat gloat gloat

Boom........

My IT guy...
    Hahahahahahaha

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

The emotional rollercoaster that some of these young guys have to go through has to be painful. Now do they release someone from the practice squad to resign DCS?
    As many on this site think ... The Rooney's suck, Colbert sucks, Tomlin sucks, the coaches suck, and the players suck.

but Go Steelers!!!

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by ikestops85 View Post
    The emotional rollercoaster that some of these young guys have to go through has to be painful. Now do they release someone from the practice squad to resign DCS?
    That emotional roller coastal pays pretty well.